We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you guys dispose of your lye? Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 1/24/2010 1:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wonder if I should deliver it to the chemical collection station or if it's
enough to neutralize it with some vinegar or something?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 1/24/2010 2:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I just tip it down the drain.

It was afterall sold as drain cleaner...

dtabbler
#3 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:02:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^^ yep.. Thats my intention. You're disposing of a drain cleaner mixed with a plant material. The only thing that SHOULDN'T go down the drain is the naptha.

Which if you're worried about the environment you could just let your lye/mhrb mix sit in open air for a day or so and the naptha would evap off.
Who's this SWIM person and when do I get to meet them? They sound friken cool!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:15:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dtabbler wrote:
^^^^^ yep.. Thats my intention. You're disposing of a drain cleaner mixed with a plant material. The only thing that SHOULDN'T go down the drain is the naptha.

Which if you're worried about the environment you could just let your lye/mhrb mix sit in open air for a day or so and the naptha would evap off.

yeah, down the drain is ok, as mentioned, its sold as drain cleaner.. I dont know if it makes any difference to the environment but you could neutralize the solution with some acid before doing that....

as for the naphtha, well yeah I guess evaporating it doesnt make mother nature too happy either, haha.. but yeah guess better than down the drain. Best is to stop using naphtha and use limonene instead, which not only is much nicer but you can also reuse it.. Smile

imPsimon
#5 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
[quote=dtabbler]Best is to stop using naphtha and use limonene instead, which not only is much nicer but you can reuse it.. Smile

Been trying to get it here with no luck=(, but with people caring more for the environment it's probably not that far away.

imPsimon
#6 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:25:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...what if something goes horribly wrong and all these "elfs" start crawling out of your drains?

...I'm getting a bat just to be safe...

endlessness
#7 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
...what if something goes horribly wrong and all these "elfs" start crawling out of your drains?

jeez, highly caustic angry elves crawling out of the drains doesnt sound very nice hahahah

but yeah as for the limonene, dont give up! SWIM had a hard time finding it too in his country but eventually did. The two best bets is, natural stores and buying essential orange oil, or finding a chemical/lab supply store in the nearest biggest city, because these kind of stores may not have limonene in stock but you can order, they have catalog of big chemical industries that they can order from (thats how SWIM got his)

imPsimon
#8 Posted : 1/24/2010 4:47:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got an "100%" orange oil that caused havoc on my buforesin a couple of months ago
...at least it smelled good=)

There's loads of problems getting stuff in this country.
It's very small and they are not members of the "eu" so there is very little products in general=(

Gonna check if the hardware store can order it tough, might be possible

amor_fati
#9 Posted : 1/24/2010 8:49:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM's FOAF had an angry caustic elf jump right out of his shower drain and into his eyeball. He'll have a red mark for a long while, but fortunately it's mostly staining, rather than tissue damage. Seriously folks, lye is horrible, horrible stuff. Try limtek, whether with limonene or another NPS, and you'll dodge a hell of a lot of hazard as well as have a rather solid, biodegradable mass of material to dispose of, rather than a hefty volume of toxic solution.

mumbles
#10 Posted : 2/2/2010 12:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dilute it with heaps of water and pour down the drain. To avoid metric shitloads of lye do an a/b. 40-60g in 100-150mls distilled H2O for 500g of bark acidified with phosphoric acid.

U gO
#11 Posted : 1/18/2018 1:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I just tip it down the drain.

It was afterall sold as drain cleaner...

i'm sorry about riesumate this old post but istarted to have complains about this way to do...

even if lye is sold as drain cleaner doesn't mean that it is environement safe,
as well they sell you all kind of stuff that is not good even for you(glutamate, colourants in foods that are carcinogenic, aspartame and all kind of shits)

if everybody here thinks about himself as a little chemist when performing extraction why no one use the basic soup to saponify some recycled fried oil to make soaps usable for hand washing or cloth washing that are for sure LOT MORE environement safe as trowing lye/nps mix through the drain?

previously thanks for answers and sorry if i seemed a bit angry i was not, just a bit disappointed
Still growing and evolving, trying too feel good with myself before attempting to feel good with others
following the way of love.
Smoke weed is not addictive, Grow it is.

Northerner
#12 Posted : 1/18/2018 1:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So how do you dispose of your basic solutions then?
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

U gO
#13 Posted : 1/18/2018 2:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

until now i used ph- for marijuana growing to bring it around at neutral ph and then throw it down the drain.

best could be

distill out the NPS and then use the basic soup to make Soaps that will have scrub properties due to bark presence in it and are not going to pollute, surely not as lye.
Still growing and evolving, trying too feel good with myself before attempting to feel good with others
following the way of love.
Smoke weed is not addictive, Grow it is.

blue.magic
#14 Posted : 1/18/2018 2:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before draining, I cook the soup for a while under kitchen fume hood to remove naphtha, then I let it cool down and drain.

Ulim
#15 Posted : 1/18/2018 4:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Neutralising with vinegar"

Not really because sodium acetate is still basic (less but still)
So you just use up vinegar to do nothing really. Just make sure its only lye + plant matter then flush it down your toilet or drain.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 1/18/2018 8:09:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I left some used, basic MHRB sludge in the shed for two years. The trapped naphtha floated to the surface and slowly evaporated out of the sides of the lid, depositing crystals of DMT on its way. I scraped the crystals out, then tipped the sludge down the drain.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Joe planter
#17 Posted : 3/7/2019 2:50:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I left some used, basic MHRB sludge in the shed for two years. The trapped naphtha floated to the surface and slowly evaporated out of the sides of the lid, depositing crystals of DMT on its way. I scraped the crystals out, then tipped the sludge down the drain.

I didn't know dmt would evaporate with the naphtha. I sometimes evap half the naphtha from a pull before I freeze precipitate it. Am I losing spice this way..?

RoundAbout
#18 Posted : 3/7/2019 4:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe planter wrote:
I didn't know dmt would evaporate with the naphtha. I sometimes evap half the naphtha from a pull before I freeze precipitate it. Am I losing spice this way..?

They are saying that the evaporation of the naphtha concentrated the DMT, which then crystallized. You're fine. (Other than being a necromancer Wink )

P.S. Considering this thread has nearly 13K views: be careful not to clog your drains/pipes with sludge.