We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mhrb Soxhlet powder or shredded? Options

dmusicaltrancistor
#21 Posted : 1/12/2018 11:17:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2 kilos of bark 40g of spice....Mad

this is an obscene amount we do not condone large scale production that hints at distribution this is more than any one person could possibly need Thumbs down

Quote:
Ok, so i have 2 kilos of finely powdered mhrb comin
Thumbs down

Quote:
with the soxhlet and 2 kilos does anyone here think 40g of white lovely rocketfuel is possible??
Thumbs down

Mad

-dm
Cubensis Mushroom Colonization Temps 75-80 F Cubensis Mushroom Fruiting Temps 68-74 F
https://ocw.mit.edu/reso...ques-manual-spring-2007/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36239
cyb wrote:
Xtals are just goo with fancy designer clothes on...
Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 1/13/2018 1:02:03 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Kkvguitarist, how will you be heating the boiling flask?

And indeed, what would one person do with that amount of product?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kkvguitarist
#23 Posted : 1/13/2018 6:23:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Good idea thank you! I dont have any keck clips unfortunately, i have a heating plate ill be using and it will simply be sitting with the weight holding it down. From what i understand i want to use pvc tape around the ground glass joints to prevent them from locking together. I know im janky, i dont have a laboratory or very much money, i just enjoy doing these extractions and having this piece of labware makes me giddy like a schoolboy with his first boner! I may not have all the bells and whistles but i have enough to make the baby run!

Still havent gotten any opinions on heptane vs naptha.
At room temp could i still expect white crystals?

Kkvguitarist
#24 Posted : 1/13/2018 6:24:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Either the hot plate or sitting in my pressure cooker sitting on the rack with water in it tobheat the flask

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 1/13/2018 4:15:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You need PTFE plumbers' tape, NOT the PVC!!

I would strongly advise that you ensure you are fully cognizant of laboratory safety procedures.
This would include, particularly, making sure your heating method is spark free. With soxhlet apparatus it is highly preferable to use a suitable laboratory heating mantle because it will be running for a relatively long time.

Also, 'getting giddy' around fragile apparatus containing significant amounts of flammable liquid is not advisable Wink

The consequences of something going wrong here are NOT TRIVIAL.

Please don't become a (medical or penitentiary) statistic.

Have you read and digested the Attitude Page yet?

Particularly the following sections:

2.8 No unsafe extraction settings and procedures

and

2.10 No commercial-scaled extractions and reckless “spreading”

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kkvguitarist
#26 Posted : 1/14/2018 8:37:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Blue.magic same username on wire. Find me.

PREV12