We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Choosing unpopular herbs for changa Options

melotikaci
#1 Posted : 1/11/2018 10:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I've extracted harmalas and dmt lately and want to take my first steps into changa world.

I've limited choice of herbs I can use before I order some from ebay(or wherever):

1. Rosemary - That's actually not that unpopular, AFAIK. I've heard lots of good stuff about it.

2. Bay leaves - I usually use them in food but got interested if they can be smoked. Found out they contain some psychoactive stuff on their own. Also found a topic claiming they may contain opioid alkaloids(??) and its actually addictive(???). So it can have possible interaction with MAOIs and I may get serotonine syndrome? WTF lol Confused

3. Oregano - No info about this one, I only know it's sold as weed to dumb tourists around the world Very happy

I guess I'll go with Rosemary but anyones input would be great on any of these.

P.S. I'll be making 1:1:0.5(herbVery happymt:maoi) changa. I always predose vaped harmalas before taking dmt, makes come up very smooth and gentle and I get the chance to make few hits easily.
Should I do the same for changa for same effects or the ones in blend will act fast enough?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 1/12/2018 3:12:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Is there some reason you want 'unpopular' herbs? In some cases popular is synonymous with pedestrian, but in this case there are reasons thing are or are not popular. Wink

Bay leaf changa? Ok then...have fun with that.
Wut?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

melotikaci
#3 Posted : 1/12/2018 3:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Is there some reason you want 'unpopular' herbs? In some cases popular is synonymous with pedestrian, but in this case there are reasons thing are or are not popular. Wink

Wut?

only reason is time. I should order some herbs from ebay, takes ~2weeks to get them. I wanted to make a small batch before then with the herbs I have at home. Very happy

TGO
#4 Posted : 1/12/2018 5:44:26 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

My first batch of enhanced leaf was with parsley and DMT. Surprised That was before I obtained that smooth smokin' mullein and made my first batch of changa.

While the parsley worked, the smoke was pretty harsh. I'm assuming it would be a similar situation for oregano. I also tried making changa out of cannabis but found it difficult to hold in the smoke. I tend to cough a lot from cannabis alone so I'm unsure why I thought that would be a good idea for me in the first place...

Big grin

All in all, it may just be better to wait for the good herbs. I don't have any experience with the ones you mentioned but thought I'd throw in my experience with sub par changa herbs.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Loveall
#5 Posted : 1/12/2018 6:02:05 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If in a pinch/hurry you can also try mint if you have that in your spice rack, but it can be a bit harsh for some.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 1/12/2018 8:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am VERY interested to hear what happens with lots of rosemary. I will sometimes add half a spike and that little bit changes the character of the trip in a very specific and distinct, repeatable way. I hesitate to tell you because it might influence the content of your experience.
Personally I would use something like mint or parsley or mint and add some rosemary, but if you go the full rosemary let us know what it's like. I LOVE adding rosemary. I find that a small amount of any added herb or substance substantially alters the trip. Salvia D and Brugmansia leaves added at levels far below what could possibly be active impart very distinct character. Brugmansia imparts a very angular, glassy vibe, while SD always brings out the circus.
Interesting stuff.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/13/2018 2:48:05 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bay leaves are great for throwing onto hot ashes and embers as incense with added sound effects. I don't think I'd smoke them, though. Chew them, perhaps.

Now it'll be interesting to hear what the results of using rosemary might be.

(Dill is quite good.)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 1/13/2018 9:07:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unpopular herbs or not, i would advise you to test them without DMT before. Made the mistake to smoke mullein changa before which somehow irritated my lungs to the nth degree. You probably should not smoke the flowers for their high oil conmtents.

null24
#9 Posted : 1/13/2018 2:18:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

melotikaci wrote:
null24 wrote:

Wut?

only reason is time. I should order some herbs from ebay, takes ~2weeks to get them. I wanted to make a small batch before then with the herbs I have at home. Very happy

Is there an herb store in your town? I buy mullein for 0.50 cents per half once otc
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

melotikaci
#10 Posted : 1/13/2018 10:30:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure parsley and mint will be horrifyingly harsh for my lungs. not gonna touch them Very happy

obliguhl wrote:
Unpopular herbs or not, i would advise you to test them without DMT before.

hehe, thats exactly what I did.

null24 wrote:
Is there an herb store in your town? I buy mullein for 0.50 cents per half once otc

Unfortunately, none of I've heard.

So, I smoked small amount of rosemary on it's own. Turns out it's one of the smoothest things out there. I barely felt the smoke and taste was mild and enjoyable.

I wont bother checking others. Looking forward to giving it a shot, I'm excited Rolling eyes

I'm quite familiar with vaped harmalas+dmt combination, so if rosemary ads something new to it, I think I'll notice. Confused
I'll update the thread and let you know the trip details.

Thanks everyone for the info.