We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings! Options

Pantsonfire
#1 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:56:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been exploring the forum here for the past couple of months and recently decided to request admission.

Where to begin?

My first experiences with drugs, including psychedelics, was in my middle teenage years. As time passed and my experience level grew, I gravitated away from the harder drugs and towards the ones that I felt were more informative and less likely to cause me harm.

I had several difficult experiences on LSD during those years; mostly due to my misunderstanding about the importance of set and setting, but my last few experiences during my late teens and early 20’s were overwhelmingly positive and of sufficient power to have a lasting effect on me.

Most of the folks around me at the time used psychedelics to party. I sensed there was much more going on than that and I began investigating shamanism and other spiritual practices. Without a proper guide, I eventually moved away from drugs and towards meditation, visualization, and other practices to aid me in my self-exploration.

My mystical interests have always leaned towards Taoism. I regularly consult the I Ching and I have spent many years training Chinese martial arts. One of my most life changing experiences was a 10 day silent meditation retreat at the Vipassana center in Vermont about 25 years ago and I intend to attend another session in the near future.

I mention these things because I have pursued them all in the same interest of self and consciousness exploration that fuels my continued interest in psychedelics.

Recently I have listened to hundreds of hours of talks by Terrence McKenna and have read a couple of dozen books on the topic of the psychedelic experience. These resources were nowhere near as widely available when I was younger as they are now. Hearing and reading these things is often like receiving a visit from myself at a younger age.

It has been a great gift to come across these things and what a wonderful surprise it was to find the Nexus! I look forward to learning more here and I shall endeavor to give back when I can.

Cheers!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.