We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Sleep Paralysis Options

Enoon
#21 Posted : 8/22/2010 1:06:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I've had it several times, though the last time was probably 3 years ago.
I've had a presence, standing at the end of my bed, whose face I could not see. I felt terrified the first few times I had it. But the sound was always amazing, like a song, but so complex and otherworldy it must have been written by a demi-god.
Once I saw myself but I looked like deranged, fiendish elf, hunched over and trying to sneak away as though I had stolen something. When I saw myself seeing myself the elvish version of myself hissed and scowled and that scared my other self considerably. The paralysis was also terrifying. I remember trying to call out for help because I felt like something was really wrong, but I couldn't get my teeth apart, nor make any kind of sound.
I figured out how to get out of it by wiggling my toes eventually.

But now a days I'm not scared of it anymore. Recently I had it once and I was able to sort of shift my vision around the room, without moving. I saw myself lying next to where I thought I was lying, which was odd. Also my cognitive ability seemed impaired as my face looked distorted even though rationally I knew it wasn't. I tried shifting my focus and willing myself to move more, but ended up falling asleep again without any lucid dreams after that.
The last time I had it I had a window in my room where there was none and someone was trying to get in or trying to call me to come out. But when I tried to follow the call with my focus again I began dreaming and soon lost the awakeness.

There must be some kind of trick to holding on to it without waking up. I feel there is quite a bit of potential in these experiences. Unfortunately I haven't had any instances of it lately to experiment with.

On a different note, the band Dredg has made an entire album about sleep paralysis. It's called El Cielo; though I never did understand what the songs had to do with sleep paralysis other than some words coming from some of the reports they had in their booklet...

cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

wurrgit
#22 Posted : 8/31/2010 9:21:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I also get sleep paralysis with hypnogogic hallucinations now and then, last time was just a few days ago.

Mostly in comes when im havnt been sleeping well, for example i almost always got it the first night in my own bed after festivals.

This far ive been able to turn a few of them into lucid dreams, the first time i didnt realize i had done it until i tried to turn on the lights and it didnt work.
After that i walked to a mirror to look at myself, i looked all distorted and then the reflection changed into a creature with goat head, human upper body and goat legs.
The creature stepped into the room from the mirror and walked into my living room, i went after it and told it that this is my dream and that it wasnt invited, the creature dissolved and woke up in bed, really confused.

Ive gotten sleep paralysis away from home two times, both times it was very frightening and ive been told by my bedmate that i was making noises, kind of like screaming but without opening my mouth and breathing quickly, she woke me, i was really disoriented, my pulse racing and sweat pouring.
Heavy stuff.

I think i got scared because i wasnt in a place i was very familiar with.

Interesting stuff anyway Smile

Imp
#23 Posted : 9/22/2010 10:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had this once. I had been considering taking datura a few days before and i had one of those dreams where the dream replaces reality from the past 4 hours before you went to sleep. In the dream, i was trying to fall asleep but i was having a really bad trip with datura. I was worried, in the dream, i had taken too much. I woke up and my heart was beating faster than ive ever felt it, and the room started to get all pixelated. It was scary as hell, because at that point i still thought i had actually taken datura.
Cool experience though.
Come into the garden maud,
For the black bat night hath flown
and the woodbine spices are wafted abroad
and the musk of the rose is blown

ouro
#24 Posted : 9/22/2010 11:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only sleep paralysis I can remember happened many years ago when I was an early teen... it was the first night I slept at home after going on a fantastic week long school trip and bonding with a beautiful girl. I remember realizing I was asleep in darkness, paralyzed, and barraged by an intense monotone. It was very unpleasant and full of panic and I associate it with being separated from someone I loved.

Godspark
#25 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:08:19 AM

NiGHTS into Dreams

Quote:
I figured out how to get out of it by wiggling my toes eventually.

That's how I get out of it. That's the only part of my body I can move!

Queen-of-Fables
#26 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have suffered from sleep paralysis for 15 or more years. always upon falling asleep, never upon waking. there's a great article called "The Ominous Numinous: Sensed Presence and 'Other' Hallucinations" by J.Allan Cheyne. Here's the link to the PDF file http://cabinet.auriol.free.fr/Documents/ParalysieSommeil/cheyne.pdf

For years it was horrible, the twisting and shouting and all that escapes the lips is a low moan, the struggle to get that one pinky finger moving, and the painful wrenching of pulling physical movement and feeling back into body. just to slip into its clutches over and over.

I've researched this place, weird black and white realm of strange entities, sometimes visual, the auditory whirling sound that feels like your standing next to a plane firing up in a very tight space and lets not forget the crushing feeling of flipping backwards into space.

then a couple years ago i was researching OBE's and heard mention of people trying to bring on the sleep paralysis state. So the next time i fell into the paralysis (if your mind is awake, then you know when its coming) i seized control, making sure i was flat on my back, and i willed my consciousness out of my body. First i made it an inch, and fell back down, but i kept trying, and each time i got a bit further out of my body until i eventually hit the roof, and of course fell down into body. i eventually "broke thru" the roof where i was able to soar above my building looking down into the other apartments as if the roofs and walls were invisible. It was amazing.

From the research I learned the easiest way to bring on the sleep paralysis state. Upon laying down for bed, get yourself really comfortable, lay face up, arms and legs spread apart nicely. as you are drifting off to sleep your mind will send signals for your body to shift, to slightly reposition itself in some way. Usually when our mind is awake the body will respond immediately. when the signal is ignored the mind figures that we are asleep and kicks into the REM stage where all motor functions are suspended, hence the sleep paralysis state. So all one needs to do is ignore the signal, when you feel like moving, shifting or repositioning just IGNORE it, stay completely still and the effect is immediate. The audio humming will come as well as the vibration of separation from the physical realm. It is all exploration after that point. It may take a bit of practice and taking control as soon as it begins is best or else one can get sidetracked by the things of this in-between realm.

I also think that this realm and its entities are part of the DMT hyperspace. Since our pineal gland does produce a small quantity of DMT during REM. I did find another post on the nexus about this https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=85866

Enoon
#27 Posted : 12/8/2010 5:54:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Queen-of-Fables, thanks for the tek to bring on SP!!

*goes to try it right away*

been wanting to bring it on for a while now since my last experience is quite a while ago and I would love to explore this state some more. Will report if it works Very happy

cheers.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

reflexion
#28 Posted : 1/13/2011 6:05:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Queen-of-Fables wrote:
the auditory whirling sound that feels like your standing next to a plane firing up in a very tight space and lets not forget the crushing feeling of flipping backwards into space.

yep, i get this a lot! it builds up to an unimaginable intensity, then just fades away and i fully awake.
i can usually pull my self out of it at any time i wish, though.
i can feel the wind howling and screaming past my ears and pressing against my face as i spin faster and faster and faster. it's strange :/

g13juggalo
#29 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:00:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I just saw this. Yes. 0.0

Read my other topic in the mystic/esoteric called "third eye when sleeping" its about my experiences with sleep paralysis.

smoalker
#30 Posted : 11/19/2012 8:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I used to vape much more frequently I would get sleep paralysis on a nightly basis.
It would be accompanied by a deafening drumming sound similar in intensity to standing beside a jet engine , Also I would have extremely vivid hallucinations such as sinister entities in my room ( one night I had a man in a straight-jacket stumbling around my room , which was probably the most terrifying thing I ever seen ).
However it does have its advantages as in this state it is quite easy to astral project , all you have to do is focus and float out of your body , the feeling comes naturally to me in this state.
I will never forget the first time I rose out of my body and thought " O my god! , Im actually astral projecting! "
If the experience of sleep paralysis is getting tiring for you and you frequently get it , the most effective ways I have found to prevent it are....
1)stare at a bright light before going to sleep or keep your light on until you are actually going to sleep
2)Dont sleep on your back

changalvia
#31 Posted : 11/20/2012 6:24:05 AM

eat your jungle oats

a few journeys ago i had this for the first time. I was lying on my back on a couch in front of a tv. I think popeye was on haha.

I had 60mg left and toked it all up, felt like nothing was happening and then vrrrrrrrr insane vibrations going through my body and the incense smoke on the table started spinning and twisting in a really bizarre way

I tried to put the machine and lighter down and thats when i realised i couldnt move.

My visuals were crazy for OEV's (my OEV's hardly impress me) where the tv was sending me signals and codes and then codes and symbols flashing from all around me, then a tv appeared on my right as well, or something similar also sending me messages and stuff.

It felt and looked like i was inside one of those ornaments, they are like a round glass orb with what looks like colored lightning bolts radiating from the centre and when you touch it all the ''lightning bolts' are attracted to your finger - hope that makes sense.

Anyway this whole time i couldnt move a muscle, only look around and i KNEW exactly what it was as i had seen it on the boards here before but the whole time i was freaking out like crap why didnt i read more on this how am i supposed to get out bla bla.

It felt like some presence was holding me down to take all of this information in.
It lasted a full 6 or 7 minutes, as i felt the trip slipping so did the paralysis.

Really keen to try and induce it to achieve other states
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

jamie
#32 Posted : 11/20/2012 7:09:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Yes, i had it once a little over a year ago and i will never forget the experiance. I woke up from a sound sleep. i cant believe im going to type this cause i know how it sounds. Any way i woke up and at the foot of my bed I saw a creature.
It was about two feet tall and it looked similar to the character from Harry Potter, Gobby i think was name."

Old post I know, but I know exactly what you are talking about..and if I tell my story it would probly sound even crazier. But I have seen them standing in front of what I can only call their ship, complete with lights and a mechanical buzzing. I wont go into more detail than that but I was camping in a very remote forest in the PNW at the time. Freaked me out..I was paralyzed there for like 2 minutes looking into the faces of these 3 beings doing god knows what. Lets be clear here..Im talking about weird little greys.

Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#33 Posted : 11/20/2012 12:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i too have seen a Dobby type creature from harry potter...only in dreams though...

one time he came out of a spaceship to tell me "A unit of consciousness can travel faster than the speed of light"

this dream is from a few years ago..and i still remember him telling me that

another time i saw him was when i was having a dream about being injected with ketamine and dmt in some sort of doctors office...needless to say it was an awesome triP!
it's a sound

Purges
#34 Posted : 11/20/2012 1:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had sleep paralysis a few times a year for the last 20 years, and am yet to have a pleasant experience Sad Last time I tried to let go, but the fact I felt like I couldn't breath made it near impossible. Any tips?
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

The Neural
#35 Posted : 11/20/2012 1:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
I have had sleep paralysis a few times a year for the last 20 years, and am yet to have a pleasant experience Sad Last time I tried to let go, but the fact I felt like I couldn't breath made it near impossible. Any tips?

Does it happen spontaneously during sleep, or are you inducing it? If the former is true, when it happens, make an effort to calm yourself as much as you can, and concentrate in moving your toes or fingers (it will take a few seconds, but persist). Once they get moving, you will most likely regain full control. If you cannot move them at all even after trying, make an attempt to fall back asleep.

It is worthy mentioning, that our imagination runs wild while on sleep paralysis, so negative emotions can be manifested as visual/auditory/tactile hallucinations, imagine you're under the influence of a psychedelic and this realisation may prove beneficial. Seeing someone in the room may be scary, but try to shake it off by imagining you're smiling.

P.S. feeling like you cannot breathe is relatively normal, your autonomic system has taken over, trust that you are breathing indeed. It's your conscious thinking that is only functioning, to a relative degree of course.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

Purges
#36 Posted : 11/20/2012 3:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wake up, am paralysed, can't breath and start to freak out. I have tried relaxing into it, but after a while the breathing thing distracts me. I guess it will just take a bit of work to achieve.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Nathanial.Dread
#37 Posted : 1/7/2013 7:14:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've suffered from Sleep Paralysis a lot, along with sleep walking and insomnia, and I've only ever got hallucinations once.

I was away at camp and we were all sleeping in bunk beds in our cabin when I woke in the middle of the night, paralyzed, to see a man in a red suite walk into the cabin, and climb into the bed above mine, which was occupied at the time.

I was really confused and scared, and ultimately just went back to sleep.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Justintime
#38 Posted : 1/7/2018 1:08:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:

You might have sleep apnea it is a horrible thing to have with sleep paralysis!!!
.....Your....head...is..in.your(head0daeh)ruoy.ni..si...deah....ruoY.....

PREV12