We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
NAC :: N-acetylcysteine :: Substantial Psychoactivity Options

Doc Buxin
#21 Posted : 1/6/2018 9:39:21 PM

Pay No Mind

spractral wrote:
...I have excess phlegm that I can't seem to hack out and it makes breathing very difficult...

One other thing spractral...This comment of your's concerns me a bit...Not as far as you trying NAC to help yourself, but that in all probability your respiratory system is too dry. This is a very common problem, especially among Westerners who's medical systems (and even herbal systems) don't recognize the fact that our lungs/respiratory system get dried out with age. Heap any kind of inhaled drug usage on top of that (including asthma inhalers/nebulizers) and you've got very desiccated lung cells.

You might want to look into some respiratory system moisturizers such as Lily Bulb Combination (Bai He Gu Jin Wan) or Glehnia & Ophiopogon Combo (Sha Shen Mai Men Dong Tang). Weirdly enough, Traditional Chinese Medicine is the only system of medicine on the planet that I know of that actually takes into consideration the natural drying of the lungs and takes it seriously enough to make medicinal herb combos that actually counteract this phenomenon.

I just wanted to add this...I've seen too many dry lung symptoms over my lifetime helping clients with their health issues and have experienced plenty myself being a person who loves to smoke lots of natural things! Rolling eyes

Again, best of luck!
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spiralout
#22 Posted : 1/6/2018 9:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey doc,

Thank you for the advice. I started by taking 600mg today and will follow up tomorow morning taking another 600mg right when i wake up when my stomach is empty. Then maybe I will take another 600mg later in the day.. I'm not entirely sure but it seems like it might be loosening stuff up a little bit but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to really see if i notice a difference. In the mean time I'm cleaning up the house and the area i sleep a bit to try to minimize dust and dog dandruff which it seems I have become allergic to these days..

If you don't mind answering more questions... what has usually been your dosing regimen for NAC when using it for congestion?

Thanks so much, hope alls well

Doc Buxin
#23 Posted : 1/6/2018 9:56:56 PM

Pay No Mind

spractral wrote:
...If you don't mind answering more questions... what has usually been your dosing regimen for NAC when using it for congestion?

It just depended upon how badly I felt/how bad the congestion seemed.

I would utilize anywhere between (1) 600 mg capsule, 2x's per day or (2) 600 mg capsules 2x's per day.

Sometimes I would buy the 1000mg tablets and just take 1 tablet 2x's per day, but I prefer the capsule form and typically 1000mg NAC/pill doesn't come in that form so I would generally go for the 600mg because I could get that in capsule form. The way I figure it also is that the smaller unit of dosage, the more that you can play around with finding the correct dosage to be effective.

As I remember it (forgive me, I haven't had respiratory congestion for a long, long time now), I don't recall ever having to take the NAC in the dosages mentioned above for more than one week to ten days to get a full-blown "the congestion is all gone" effect. Of course, this will vary from individual to individual.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Spiralout
#24 Posted : 1/6/2018 10:05:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much.

I think i might try taking about 900mg twice a day after taking 600mg twice a day tomorrow. I'm also about to go for a walk (in 5 degreeish weather,because that's what we're working with right now) and see if it affects me at all in that respect; I go for long walk, couple hours or so, almost everyday and haven't been out yet today.

I'll report back anything interesting .

PREV12