We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DXM as an alternative for iboga. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 12/27/2017 4:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga can help people to kick certain bad habits. Especially when opiates are involved.
But iboga is expensive, illegal in many countries, much of it may not be harvested in a responsible manner, and it is not completely safe either.

Now, pharmacologically, DXM shares some mechanisms of action with ibogaine. It may be a shitty psychedelic, but as a tool to help people addicted to opiates, it may very well be a good alternative for iboga micro-dosing.

It is definately not safe, and probably even neurotoxic, when taken as a recreational drug. But in the amounts in wich it is taken when it is being used as a cough suppressant, it is pretty safe, as far as i know. And in those amounts it may even have neuroprotective, rather than neurotoxic properties, just like many other NMDA-antagonists.

I don't know if people have experimented with it, as a replacement for iboga. But i do know that it it ís effective as an antidepressant. You can find plenty of information on that, when you google it.

So i mean, it clearly has therapeutic potential.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 12/31/2017 2:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A determined, passionate mind hell-bent on getting better, co-administered with the miraculous strength and tenacity of the full capacity of one's willpower, changing their environment to encourage and support them on the long and rough road through dope sickness and through to sobriety (with the exception of benzos/barbituates, ethanol and other such drugs which would be fatal to cold turkey) is an excellent alternative to any other drug substitution therapy for opioid-ergic drug dependence. Take what you will, drink what you brew, but at the end of the day, as the drugs come down, the only person who can save you is YOU.

'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka