We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Combining brew and pill? Options

shufflelot
#1 Posted : 12/21/2017 6:44:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings

Its been a while since SWIM mixed up some ayahuasca, both pharma and traditional brew. SWIM is thinking to step back in and is wondering the practicality of trying to concentrate MHRB brew into pill form. Putting raw MHRB into pills seems crazy but any way to bypass drinking that sludge. Hasn't done the maths though, how concentrated can MHRB be brewed and how many pills is that going to end up being....

Curious of others thoughts, anyone ever try this?

cheers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/22/2017 9:21:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just do the arithmetic. It's a worthwhile exercise in understanding the subject matter, and we can't reliably second-guess the potency of your bark for you!

Wouldn't it be the case that concentrate in pill form would be about as likely to wreck the guts as drinking the sludge anyhow? What do you hope to gain by taking this short cut as opposed to, say, making a crude alkaloid extract (which wouldn't be significantly more difficult, IMO).

We don't SWIM here any more, it's pretty pointless really. A few things have changed in the past eight years Wink

Hope you've been OK and not hospitalised or incarcerated since the last visit Confused

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 12/22/2017 10:34:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm a fan of capsules personally. I started out taking Mimosa root powder in capsules back in 2012, worked pretty well, but was definitely rough on the gut, and sometimes it wouldn't digest/absorb properly most likely due to me taking Zantac and the lack of stomach acid, but for the most part it worked well, just rough on the guts.

Then i started making Mimosa and Acacia residues, by weighing out a dose of root powder, putting it into a jar with like 300 to 400mls of room temp bottled water, put the lid on and shake the jar pretty vigorously periodically throughout the day, i usually let it sit overnight but i think 6 hours or so may be fine, then i filter the liquid through a coffee filter and evaporate the liquid in a dish in front of a fan, and once it's dry i scrape it up and encapsulate it, works just as well, if not better, than the root powder capsules and is less rough on the gut ime.

I've also made egg white cleansed Mimosa and Acacia teas though in my effort to get them really clean i ended up reducing potency here and there. But i liked drinking a Mimosa or Acacia tea about an hour after taking some freebased Rue full spectrum extract or freebased purified Harmala extract in a capsule, worked pretty well, even sipped on some teas drinking the dose within 10 to 20 minutes to stretch things out a little bit and make the come up a bit less intense, Lemon Balm was also a favorite plant of mine to mix with the Mimosa or Acacia tea.

I usually use Harmalas in capsule form, whether it's Harmala extract, Rue extract, or even Caapi extract the few times i've had it. I haven't worked with Harmalas in tea form much, just a few times.

Another thing you can try is make a Mimosa or Acacia tea either by using the jar method i described above, or by brewing it up, add some milk to the cup of tea, maybe with a bit of sugar or honey, and drink it while warm, like coffee, it makes things a bit more palatable even with an uncleansed tea, which btw i drink all my teas while warm/hot, never at room temp or cold.

Aside from that, apparently Caapi pastes (residues) are somewhat popular these days from what i've seen, so you can make a residue from Caapi or from Rue, and perhaps either just eat it or encapsulate it.

The times i've drank Caapi vine tea by itself, it actually didn't taste bad at all, a little bit of bitterness but pretty manageable/drinkable compared to uncleansed Mimosa/Acacia teas straight up. Rue tea tastes a bit funky compared to Caapi, still somewhat drinkable just not as palatable as the Caapi tea. I've also tried some purified Harmala extract teas, which were pretty darn bitter (bitterness i think was increased by the acidity). I've even put straight freebased Harmala and Rue extract into my mouth and the freebased extract hardly had any taste for me, but the salt form is definitely bitter.

For the Mimosa/Acacia residue capsules, it's usually about say 2 to 4 capsules or so of residue ime, depending on capsule size. With Mimosa root powder capsules, 3 to 6 capsules with a good dose of Rue or Moclobemide was pretty noticeable/strong/intense, but probably could've used a bit higher of a dosage so maybe 8 to 10 capsules or so, but i didn't wanna use so many capsules so i decided to go the residue route.

I say just experiment around if you have the time and materials and see what works best for you.

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 12/23/2017 8:51:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems the trick with "huascas"(aya/ana/pharma) is to learn an approach for profound RIMA that is personally effective. With cappi or rue, teas, extracts or even ground rue seeds(rough) can be effective. As mentioned, moclobemide, if available, can be potent and "clean".

Once one has established a tek that yields personally reliable, dense RIMA, introduction of DMT carriers becomes a bit more predictable and titratable. Warning: With functionally complete inhibition of MAO, relatively small doses of DMT can be quite effective. The body to body variability for "good" RIMA is significant. Typically, "overdosing" RIMA, while potentially uncomfortable(purge), doesn't lead to "mind melt". It's the higher DMT doses, particularly unanticipated, on top of deep RIMA that can be frighteningly immersive.

SS gives great tips. Also see this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=52019

Peace

shufflelot
#5 Posted : 12/23/2017 5:12:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Many thanks for the insights, and especially the reminder how much older I am these days!

My last study was with pharma and it was very uncomfortable and put me off for many years. It has given me thought now on how little I understood during that time. I even went to Peru hoping to understand more but clearly the knowledge here far out weighs what I found there.

I didn't realise residues could be made this way. I would have thought the vinegar was at least necessary, but as you mention Legarto, perhaps that is not so important if good RIMA is reached first.

thanks again!

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 12/23/2017 7:15:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah some people use some sort of acidity in their brewing or what not, i personally haven't found it to be necessary, when making Mimosa or Acacia residues or Rue extracts. Not saying it can't help, but i just haven't found it necessary, plus acidity makes the taste/smell worse of teas i've noticed, and boiling vinegar smells like boiling vomit.

But yeah you definitely wanna get a good RIMA/Harmala/Moclobemide dose first, and then figure out your DMT dose, as long as your RIMA dose is good, the DMT should work pretty well.