We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Detailed Bufotenine Extraction Pictorial Options

blue.magic
#21 Posted : 9/4/2017 6:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Oh god please do NOT boil xylene, I've done that once, it did NOT work well (cant remember why) but I can certainly remember it smelled HORRIBLE, and I did it wearing a mask, outdoors.. LOL

Thanks for sharing all these experiments, btw, and yeah lets talk once samples are gathered so we can test it all Smile

Don't worry, I don't plan to do anything with xylene as my workspace is not appropriate to handle its nastiness.

My best bet is the MEK/heptane dual solvent method.

I wonder whether MEK and ethyl acetate can be used interchangeably in this case. If so, I may not need to bother with evaporating the ethylacetate to try dual solvent method, just adding heptane and boiling the ethylacetate off.

Right now I have two samples, will see how the third one (bufo from ethyl acetate) will work out. There is too little material to make more samples unfortunately.

The first sample which was a crystalline freebase, turned back into candy even though it was closed in a small vial.

I have some worries the isolated bufotenine freebase will oxidize quickly (I've read some comments that it tends to turn black) and it may not be possible to store it as is, only as a salt or dissolved.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

blue.magic
#22 Posted : 9/7/2017 8:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So nothing crystallized from the ethyl acetate so I have left everything to evaporate completely.

The leftover was sticky mess, the stuff is just vile - the worst consistency: hard, sticky, almost impossible to scrape and completely sticked to the glass when dried.

So I prepared 50 ml of MEK : heptane mix (2:3 ratio) and tried to dissolve as much as possible in it. I decanted the solution to a beaker and left to evaporate slowly at room temperature.

In theory, the MEK should slowly evaporate leaving bufotenine time to precipitate and form crystals.

However, I think my Vilca seeds are probably of very bad quality and old (oxidized).

It would be interesting to attemp zinc reduction first, but I have not found any resources on how to do it on plant material (because no one knows whether bufotenine n-oxide gets extracted).

I am at the point of almost giving up. It took many hours of work and entire bottle of fresh acetone, not to mention other precious solvents! And all for nothing...
blue.magic attached the following image(s):
DSC_4687.JPG (99kb) downloaded 260 time(s).

ijahdan
#23 Posted : 9/8/2017 1:31:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont give up! Even though you ended up with nothing and used a lot of solvent, youve added to the body of knowledge on the nexus about these substances. Trial and error's the way forward. Im sure not many people have ever performed these experiments. Youve inspired me to have another go at bufo extraction anyway.

In a similar fashion, Ive gone through a kilo of syrian rue, lots of ammonia and carbonates, lots of time trying to produce thh and only ever had about a gram of the elusive harmala to show for it. Learned a lot along the way though, and its been an interesting and fun project. Next time Ill avoid my previous mistakes, hopefully.

blue.magic
#24 Posted : 9/8/2017 9:29:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ijahdan wrote:
Dont give up! Even though you ended up with nothing and used a lot of solvent, youve added to the body of knowledge on the nexus about these substances. Trial and error's the way forward. Im sure not many people have ever performed these experiments. Youve inspired me to have another go at bufo extraction anyway.

In a similar fashion, Ive gone through a kilo of syrian rue, lots of ammonia and carbonates, lots of time trying to produce thh and only ever had about a gram of the elusive harmala to show for it. Learned a lot along the way though, and its been an interesting and fun project. Next time Ill avoid my previous mistakes, hopefully.

Thanks sir, that's inspiring! There are certainly lessons learned.

THH is one of my future projects too. It would be great if you'll make an extraction report. There are still no teks for either bufo or THH in the wiki...

Anyway, some bufo started precipitating after 24 hours in the MEK:heptane mix, but it's still the same brown oily/sticky stuff. No crystals at all and the solvent still have a strong MEK smell.
I will scrape the leftover and then send samples for lab testing. I have a strong suspicion the seeds are high in n-oxides keeping the bufo oily and nauseating.

I will leave the beaker undisturbed until the MEK smell will go away. It seems over 90% of it already evaporated and it's mostly heptane holding the impurities.

blue.magic
#25 Posted : 9/12/2017 1:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay I tried the MEK:heptane dual solvent precipitation.

Few tiny brown oily spots appeared after 12 hours, then all MEK evaporated leaving amber-colored heptane. No crystals appeared.

When the heptane evaporated to say 60% volume more brown stuff precipitated and when there was about 40% heptane (15 ml or so), it cleared up and everything precipitated.

Clearly the stuff is not very soluble in heptane and it went through many solvent pulls and washes (IPA, heptane, acetone, ethyl acetate, MEK, water). It has the similar solubility profile to bufotenine yet it is still somewhat solube in heptane.

I will try to send this for lab testing.
blue.magic attached the following image(s):
DSC_4693.JPG (53kb) downloaded 220 time(s).

melotikaci
#26 Posted : 12/2/2017 10:37:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
Okay I tried the MEK:heptane dual solvent precipitation.

Few tiny brown oily spots appeared after 12 hours, then all MEK evaporated leaving amber-colored heptane. No crystals appeared.

When the heptane evaporated to say 60% volume more brown stuff precipitated and when there was about 40% heptane (15 ml or so), it cleared up and everything precipitated.

Clearly the stuff is not very soluble in heptane and it went through many solvent pulls and washes (IPA, heptane, acetone, ethyl acetate, MEK, water). It has the similar solubility profile to bufotenine yet it is still somewhat solube in heptane.

I will try to send this for lab testing.

any results from previous lab tests?

jamie
#27 Posted : 12/3/2017 3:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

10mg and over or so its extremely visual. I got to around 20mg I would say. The visuals replace reality while the mental effects are left in the dust.

There is no way around the nausea really. You just dose high enough and deal or dont. Fasting helps a bit.

Don't expect relevent levels of 5meoDMT in my experience.
Long live the unwoke.

melotikaci
#28 Posted : 12/5/2017 3:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
10mg and over or so its extremely visual. I got to around 20mg I would say. The visuals replace reality while the mental effects are left in the dust.

There is no way around the nausea really. You just dose high enough and deal or dont. Fasting helps a bit.

After multiple extractions and lots of trials I still couldn't get it to work Sad never got anything else than a bodyload which I really like, tbh.

blue.magic
#29 Posted : 12/6/2017 1:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

melotikaci wrote:
jamie wrote:

After multiple extractions and lots of trials I still couldn't get it to work Sad never got anything else than a bodyload which I really like, tbh.

Me neither. It's just bodyload and no visuals at all.

Some visuals appear when snorting horrible amounts of roasted seeds (prepared the traditional way), but the body load then comes close to pralysis including shortness of breath and racing heart. There are no lessons learned from that so I have abandoned yopo until I get quality seeds and proof the extract contains some actual 5-OH-DMT.

I must conclude the seeds I had are probably bunk and buying new costs too much with no guarantee they are contain any bufo and not just oxides and toxins.

melotikaci
#30 Posted : 12/7/2017 12:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:

I must conclude the seeds I had are probably bunk and buying new costs too much with no guarantee they are contain any bufo and not just oxides and toxins.

yeap, I guess problem is with the seeds, not us Very happy

It seems ebay isn't the best place to buy entheogens. Big grin

blue.magic
#31 Posted : 12/8/2017 9:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

melotikaci wrote:
blue.magic wrote:

yeap, I guess problem is with the seeds, not us Very happy

It seems ebay isn't the best place to buy entheogens. Big grin

I got them on market in Peru because they were extremely cheap there. Still probably bunk though...

A friend of my has different batch from the same market but a different person. Maybe I will try another extraction with that batch and include zinc reduction and peel the seeds (removing the shells seemingly improves the extraction greatly as I got tiny golden crystals instead of goo).

Infundibulum
#32 Posted : 12/20/2017 4:29:04 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

blue.magic wrote:
melotikaci wrote:
jamie wrote:

Some visuals appear when snorting horrible amounts of roasted seeds (prepared the traditional way), but the body load then comes close to pralysis including shortness of breath and racing heart. There are no lessons learned from that so I have abandoned yopo until I get quality seeds and proof the extract contains some actual 5-OH-DMT.

For some people (most people?) bodyload is the only thing bufotenine will do. Having tried many times from many vendors and many any different ways of smoking the crystals, no luck.

There is a past thread where that topic is discussed, and the conclusion was that for many people bufotenine just doesn't do anything on the psychedelic compartment.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

blue.magic
#33 Posted : 12/22/2017 7:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
blue.magic wrote:
melotikaci wrote:
jamie wrote:

For some people (most people?) bodyload is the only thing bufotenine will do. Having tried many times from many vendors and many any different ways of smoking the crystals, no luck.

There is a past thread where that topic is discussed, and the conclusion was that for many people bufotenine just doesn't do anything on the psychedelic compartment.

I guess this is the last nail in the coffin for my bufo extraction attempts.

PREV12