We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ABA Defat Options

null24
#1 Posted : 12/20/2017 2:51:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I have no clue man, I think i'm too stoned to understand your post atm, but I just want to say that I really freakin love your avatar.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 12/20/2017 10:36:05 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

2headsARE1 wrote:
I've been experimenting with a "new" technique to defat the initial pulls. It's not new, but I haven't read about it being used at this point in the extraction.

I'm doing my first pulls with an NPS that should grab everything - xylene. Instead of aiming for crystals on the first pulls, I'm going straight to an acid (vinegar) wash. The vinegar is then based again, and I do my pulls as normal with naptha. It seems to work pretty good at separating the fat, as it collects a milky white layer in between the xylene and vinegar. This is different from how I previously did my ABA extractions - normally, I'd recrystalize, and then repeat the procedure. Why did I do it? I guess the crystallization step seemed like an additional unnecessary step.

My question is about the fat. I understand why the fat initially migrates to the xylene, but why does it come crashing out when the xylene is exposed to vinegar? I suspect that it "crashes" because it has DMT stuck in this layer. Is this correct? I really don't want to throw this layer away just yet, and I wanted to see what others think might be in this layer.

The fat (or lipids to be more precise) does not crash out, that milky whit layer is an emulsion in the interphase between the xylene and vinegar. The emulsion is discardable.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Loveall
#3 Posted : 12/20/2017 12:48:33 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Apologies for being off topic, but it is great to see a new post from Infundibulum.

I'm a fan Embarrased
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/20/2017 9:10:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Apologies for being off topic, but it is great to see a new post from Infundibulum.

I'm a fan Embarrased

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli