We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ice Cube Lemon Tek - First Experience Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 10/19/2017 3:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Paul Stamets briefly mentioned this tek in one of his talks and I was eager to try it since:

It is said to work for fresh mushrooms only (diced or mushed). I've used about 10 grams of aborts and smaller mushrooms left from the harvest (incl. vermiculite) from the gold standard PF Tek:

These vere pulverized with Mortar&Pestle(TM) and quickly transferred to cold water with a pinch of citric acid (pH 4.0) and few ice cubes added:

After a few hours in the fridge, we have the allmighty blue juice:

The liquid was filtered and consumed immediately.

The effects were like from 2 grams of dried P. Cubensis, very smooth, pleasant and emotional experience. I think the fact the shrooms were fresh, young and including aborts made this concotion quite potent even for the short extraction time.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 10/19/2017 7:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks beautiful. A blue color can also be achieved using dried mushrooms though - but probably only if they were sort of dry to begin with and you do not cut them in half to speed up drying.

What are the ice cubes supposed to do?

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 10/19/2017 8:05:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

To slow down enzymes I presume. The temperature will then slowly rise to 4 C (39 F) in a typical refrigerator.

I've used liquid water and acid but the correct procedure though seems to be using just ice cubes and fresh mushrooms (supposedly does not work with dried but yes you can extract dried with hot water). Once the extraction is complete, one can re-freeze the blue juice for storage.

Here is Stamets mentioning the "ice cube extraction" (skip to 20:43):

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 10/19/2017 8:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the Video. I'm still not sure what isn't supposed to work with dried mushrooms. Creating that beautiful blue color i assume? Because cold water extraction with lemon juice and dried mushrooms does indeed work and is potent. No idea if it is as potent as also swallowing the mushrooms itself though. Smile

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 10/19/2017 8:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, nothing probably beats eating fresh.

Maybe some body load is reduced by discarding the solids, but I have no problem ingesting Cubensis in any form.

triptonaut34
#6 Posted : 10/20/2017 2:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How does this tek compare to the lemon tek with dried mushies? Has anyone tried both?

I usually grind up dried mushies, soak in lemon juice for about a half hour, then filter out the chunks. With this procedure, I get significant alkaloid content such that I only need a gram of ingredient for an experience.

Quote:
No idea if it is as potent as also swallowing the mushrooms itself though.

I have tried both, and potency is about the same in my experience. However, the lemon tek results in a faster onset and shorter overall duration (I'm speculating this is due to the phosphoryl group on psilocybin being cleaved off in the acidity of the lemon juice, resulting in a higher ratio of psilocin to psilocybin).

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 10/20/2017 3:15:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to have confirmation, that filtering the solid matter works too! Last time i ate them and noticed, that the end of the trip was fairly drawn out so perhaps some of the mushroom matter still contained psilocybin but who knows!

I like the trip to be shorter. So if i start at maybe 1pm, most of it is over at 4:30 and during bedtime i already feel a bit of the hangover but not enough to bother me.

The problem with the shorter duration is, that with a low dose, the peak is incredible short, and the plateau not intense enough to be very interesting. Eating them as is also seems to give me more of the waves, and they can be beautiful in itself....Smile=

null24
#8 Posted : 10/21/2017 6:34:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'm really not sure why, but the last mushroom trip I took, with cubes (Atlantis strain maybe) was very long, and close to ten hours from ingestion until I was back to baseline completely. Few visuals and fair body load from almost three dry grams.

Never done lemon tek but want to experiment. This tek looks pretty sweet, maybe I'll try this once I find some cyans this season... ThanksThumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Loveall
#9 Posted : 10/21/2017 7:34:19 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Bravo!!! I had heard Paul talk of the blue juice before, first time I see it.Thumbs up

Well done blue.majic! The universe surely had to allow this experiment to work with that username of yours Very happy

You inspired me, gonna try to replicate this.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Norsern_vind
#10 Posted : 11/13/2017 4:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I'm really not sure why, but the last mushroom trip I took, with cubes (Atlantis strain maybe) was very long, and close to ten hours from ingestion until I was back to baseline completely. Few visuals and fair body load from almost three dry grams.

Never done lemon tek but want to experiment. This tek looks pretty sweet, maybe I'll try this once I find some cyans this season... ThanksThumbs up

Lemon tek'd 2g of escondido and didn't return to base line for 10-12 hours.

null24
#11 Posted : 11/13/2017 3:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Norsern_vind wrote:
null24 wrote:

Lemon tek'd 2g of escondido and didn't return to base line for 10-12 hours.

No ****? I thought the whole idea was more rapid metabolization, and a quicker resolution. Damn.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 11/14/2017 7:57:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a difference between baseline and after the peak though!
The peak comes quicker and harder but aftereffects can persist longer than that. all in all, it is not as drawn out intensity wise, but you still won't feel completly sober after the peak of course. You come up quicker and harder which shortens the total trip time by at least two hours.

I think its just a more efficient way to take them. One disadvantage: Less pronounced waves....

Loveall
#13 Posted : 12/18/2017 7:08:19 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I tried this but was not successful with getting active blue juice.

This is what I did,

Grabbed 73g of fresh young cubes from a monotub grow. Cubes where picked before fully grown open caps formed:

In the video Paul S. says to chop them up so I did. Here is a picture with a pH meter next to it for piece size reference:

These were allowed to soak in the fridge for ~6 hours in abbout two cups of ice water with 100mg of citric acid:

After filtering, mushrooms where blue and a light blue juice was obtained:

Blue juice was consumed. No effects noted at the 1.5h mark. If there were any actives in the blue juice they were below threshold. I don't know why my attempt at blue juice failed. Maybe I should have squished the mushrooms or cut them into smaller pieces as the wise folks in the chat suggested.

Turned to the Nexus chat for help on what to do next. Various helpful feedback was given (many thanks). It was decided to do a warm water lemon extraction. Diced mushrooms where soaked in hot (150F) water with the juice of 1 lemon for 20 minutes. During this time the mushrooms where squished several times with a potato masher (like Sakkadelic described once with rue). Resulting brew was filtered resulting in a yellow tea to which a dash of honey was added for flavor,

Interestingly the mushrooms in the filter where no longer blue. The hot acidic lemon water had turned them from blue to yellow:

The yellow tea had a pleasant lemon taste enhanced by the homey. After consuming it a buildup of energy was noticed within minutes. The yellow tea turned out to be very active. My brain and reality where dissolved into a psilocybin world. I felt like I knew how things were before becoming alive and being outside time, a consciousness existing outside the physical world. Eventually I regained some sense of our everyday physical world and was able to crawl back into the Nexus chat. I was so happy to be back in a familiar reality (while sill feeling effects) that I filled the chat with expressions of laughter and babbling nonsense while trying to hit the right keyboard characters.

I had set the spent mushrooms back in the fridge. After a day I checked on them. They had turned back to blue, similar to the original blue juice extraction:

Curiously it seems there is some kind of reversible reaction happening between blue and yellow colors.

One lesson here: beware of very young mushrooms and their yellow juice!

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

blue.magic
#14 Posted : 12/18/2017 9:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes squishing the mushrooms would definitely help (I have actually used a blender).

Stamets said to just chop them but maybe that works only when just ice cubes added and cold enough fridge - I guess the dynamically freezing and thawing water has better extraction efficiency than just cold water, but that's my uneducated gusss.

Great that you made use of the shrooms anyway Thumbs up

ShamensStamen
#15 Posted : 12/18/2017 10:48:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried this once with about 2 grams of dried mushroom powder and cold water in the fridge, no acid, no ice cubes, got a pretty blue tea, didn't try it though because i was trying to make a simple mushroom residue through evaporating the cold water extraction but the residue was difficult to scrape up so i didn't get far with that. Awhile back i read that the blue color was due to oxidation of Psilocin or something so i've been kinda concerned about the blue color but apparently it works i guess.

#16 Posted : 12/19/2017 1:56:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

blue.magic wrote:
obliguhl wrote:

To slow down enzymes I presume. The temperature will then slowly rise to 4 C (39 F) in a typical refrigerator.

I've used liquid water and acid but the correct procedure though seems to be using just ice cubes and fresh mushrooms (supposedly does not work with dried but yes you can extract dried with hot water). Once the extraction is complete, one can re-freeze the blue juice for storage.

Here is Stamets mentioning the "ice cube extraction" (skip to 20:43):

Very interesting about the fresh fruits and ice/water/refrigerator extraction. Definitely will have to try this when I do my next bulk tub. Smile