We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
4-HO-DPT Options

Kajlian
#1 Posted : 11/26/2017 7:29:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I have 60 mg of 4-HO-DPT (Psiprocin) and I was searching around on the internet for information about dosages and how easy it is to overdose this substance, but the information I found was very different from site to site. The advice on starting dosage was ranging from 30 to 150+ milligrams. I was wondering if anyone had some experience with Psiprocin and also if anyone knows how large a good starting dose would be, for someone who's quite familiar with psychadelics.

[EDIT] Also, what would be the best ROA for 4-HO-DPT, I read somewhere that it has higher bioavailability intranasally than orally, but I can't seem to find any evidence backing this up. If it does have a higher bioavailability intranasally, how much would the dosage differ from the oral dosages?
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

CapnMysticSand
#2 Posted : 11/27/2017 6:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

~deleted~

EDIT: Scratch that last message...
When I typed that I forgot you had only 60mg of this substance.
Hmm, you probably only have enough for one oral experience that would probably be fairly mild just based off other experience reports. I guess I'd go with intranasal dosing for the reason of increased potency (however there is the potential for an uncomfortable drip/clogging effect on sinuses, keep this in mind). Maybe try insufflating 20mg first to see how comfortable you are with the drip/effect on sinuses, then if you're down next time snort 40mg and you might get some good effects.

Kajlian
#3 Posted : 12/15/2017 6:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I tried some more, since I prefer oral dosing and this chemical didn't seem that potent.

I tried the 60 mg orally which gave me mild euphoric effects, nothing visual.

I then tried 150 mg orally, now this was a really interesting and intense trip. Lots of visual distortions, trails and geometric patterns, it was awesome and really cool. Also VERY intense euphoria and a nice euphoric tingle in the back of my spine, and an MDMA stimulant-ish feeling. It was very stimulating and I needed a couple benzos for the comedown and to be able to sleep afterwards. The trip was relatively short and the peak was around 2-3 hours, but it felt A LOT longer.

I plan on taking this one step further and trying an oral dose of 210 mg, but I'll wait for any possible tolerance to subside first.

All in all it's a very interesting chemical, I'll report back after trying the 210 mg dose. I assume 210 mg would be physically safe since tryptamines usually have a low toxicity relative to dosage.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 12/16/2017 5:14:48 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Reminder: Sourcing talk is not allowed on the Nexus. The above posts have been edited to adhere with the attitude.

For future reference and general harm reduction. It's always important to take a very miniscule allergy test dosage before jumping into full dose ranges. Make sure you test it before you ingest it too!

You are safest starting within the dose ranges in PiHKAL/TiHKAL or on Erowid when available, as they are generally well vetted.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 12/16/2017 10:18:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How does it compare to psilocin, in your opinion?

Kajlian
#6 Posted : 12/16/2017 10:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Reminder: Sourcing talk is not allowed on the Nexus. The above posts have been edited to adhere with the attitude.

For future reference and general harm reduction. It's always important to take a very miniscule allergy test dosage before jumping into full dose ranges. Make sure you test it before you ingest it too!

You are safest starting within the dose ranges in PiHKAL/TiHKAL or on Erowid when available, as they are generally well vetted.

4-OH-DPT is only mentioned briefly in TiHKAL and only in a dose of 20 mg. "Possible threshold, nothing more". And the dosage information available online is really different depending on where you look. Some say it should be dosed similar to DPT while some say it's really weak and larger doses are needed for the full range of effects. I performed an allergy test before starting to up the dosage.

I think this substance is really interesting and I will report back with a full trip report once I try the 210 mg trip.

Kajlian
#7 Posted : 12/16/2017 10:35:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
How does it compare to psilocin, in your opinion?

It's different, I think the nausea I get on psilocin is much more severe than with 4-HO-DPT. Also psilocin for me is more calming, almost sedating, while 4-HO-DPT is VERY stimulating and almost has an MDA/MDMA feel to it. The trip duration is also shorter on 4-HO-DPT, but I think it's a little more intense and much more euphoric.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 12/16/2017 10:28:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's quite a staggering difference in potency compared with 4-HO-DiPT.

Thanks for taking the trouble to research this - and sharing it with us.

One question on my mind - how do you know you have the substance you think you have?

Stay safe!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kajlian
#9 Posted : 12/16/2017 11:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
That's quite a staggering difference in potency compared with 4-HO-DiPT.

Thanks for taking the trouble to research this - and sharing it with us.

One question on my mind - how do you know you have the substance you think you have?

Stay safe!

I had it tested Smile

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 12/17/2017 2:08:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you have access to the GCMS or NMR data, that would be well worth posting Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Kajlian
#11 Posted : 12/25/2017 5:36:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried 210mg. I don't know what to say because most of the trip was too personal and also a lot of it is almost too painful to bring up again. I had a really horrifying trip, I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad trip just a really powerful one and it showed me some things I didn't want to see but probably had to. I'll go through the first part though just to give you a sense of how powerful this substance is. This was way more powerful than any ayahuasca/DMT trip I've ever had.

T+00:00 I ingest the substance in the form of 7 small pills. I then sit down and talk to my friend on skype while waiting for it to start.

T+00:30 About 30 minutes in I can feel it slowly building, it starts out as a euphoric tingle in my spine, then I start having lots of visuals, by this point it's already as intense as the 150mg trip, if not more. But it has barely started. The dosages probably work on a logarithmic scale or something because this trip was probably 10 times more intense than the 15g trip.

T+00:40 This is when all hell breaks loose. It starts with me seeing some weird menacing bat/snake things flying around in my room, I then close my eyes and when I open them again there are 5 purple, half transparent heads floating around me and they're saying something but I can't make up any words they're saying. By this point my time perception is blown out the window so no more timestamps. Anyway I start having more intense realistic almost delerious hallucinations and they're not nice. I saw a dead person screaming at me for example. Not fun, talking about it almost tears me up. Also throughout the trip I had like flashes of a hospital room, at least for the first part. Like I was in a coma and slowly woke up more and more and after a while I actually felt like I woke up and I was in the hospital and my friends and family were there and everyone was so disappointed in me. I thought I had overdosed. In another part of the trip I felt like I had lost everything that made me human. Like I had gone too far out to ever come back to reality again. And I had really intense psychedelic visuals and I almost felt like I was falling apart into just colours. I think this part of the trip would have been much more positive if I hadn't had the horrible experiences I had before it. By this point I just wanted it to stop which made me try to fight it and that made it much much worse.

The rest of the trip is either too hard to talk about, too personal, or I have too little memory of it. The days after the trip my memory around certain events that took place is slowly coming back and if I remember something significant that isn't too personal I'll update the post. All in all the trip felt like 2-3 days so it's a lot to process.

[EDIT] forgot to mention that throughout the trip I was moving around and walking around in my house but I was doing it unconsciously and I don't remember moving at all, I just remember laying in my bed and then after what felt like 2 or 3 days I was sitting in the hallway.

Kajlian
#12 Posted : 1/6/2018 12:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. It took a lot of thinking and processing to actually understand the significance of the 210mg trip. I first saw it as a bad trip, but I don't anymore. The only scary part was the part before the ego death. I could feel myself and everything I was dissolving and when I slowly started to loose track of what my was I first tried to fight it, and that's what made it scary. If the dose was a little lower I think it would've been much scarier because I would have been able to fight it much longer. I didn't really remember much from my trip the first few days after, but slowly as I think more and more about it, the memories are coming back. I remember being at a point where I had no idea at all what reality was, what I was, the concept that I had taken a drug was something I couldn't grasp. It was like I relived everything I have ever been through, but from the perspective of someone who was experiencing it for the first time. Everything was compressed, I remember going around in different "rooms" in my head and every room had a significant event in my life replaying itself over and over again. Each event was connected to a specific person, and some of the events were not things that have really happened but rather metaphors for the feelings I have had for the person it was about. Everyone also had a colour associated with them, it's like my whole perception of these people were condensed into a single event that I saw over and over again before getting launched into the next room. I was not in control whatsoever but at this point it didn't bother me because there was no me anymore. I was just an observer who didn't exist but at the same time everything I saw felt like it was me. And it was, of course. I also saw a character that didn't look like anyone I know, he seemed so familiar, like I had known him my entire life, but looking back on it I know nobody like him. He was really happy to meet me and when I saw him it felt like I found myself and that's the last part of the trip I remember. I think he was me, but he looked much much older, maybe he was my subconscious personified.
When I came back to reality I had moved around quite a bit, it looked a bit like there had been thieves in my house, the front door was open, and I was sitting outside in the stairwell, I was really confused and it was like I had been gone for a very long time. In reality the peak of the trip lasted around an hour but I couldn't tell it might as well have been 5 years, or forever. It was like I was born again, and I slowly begun to realise how my body worked and slowly I started to become myself again and I was able to move, I became one with my body again, finally.
This was the number one lifechanging experience of my life, but even if it turned out positively for me, I don't advice anyone else to try this, at least not without a tripsitter, it could've went very wrong and if I could make it out my front door I could probably just as easily make it out a window if I was less lucky.

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 1/7/2018 1:42:55 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Glad you're shaping up. True that on the tripsitter, too.

Sounds like it has some intriguing properties, thanks for reporting back!