We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Acuminata 'raspberry jam' smell Options

They
#1 Posted : 12/12/2017 9:36:20 AM

ʰᵉˡˡᵒ

Hi everyone!

A friend and I have just entered the world of DMT and we're keen to become self sufficient. I live in the goldfields region of Western Australia and have been doing some field work to find a suitable species in the area to (responsibly) harvest some twigs etc. We've found acacias a plenty but I have one question I cannot find an answer for. The 'raspberry jam' smell associated with freshly cut Acacia Acuminata, how strong is the smell? Is it like you'll know when you smell it kind of thing? Or is it very subtle and not everyone can smell it? We have found heaps that seem to be acuminata, but lack the smell (will be doing a test run soon).

Other than burkitii and acuminata are there any other species around the coolgardie area we should keep in mind?

I plan on spending more time exploring the area, but any other info you guys think is relevant please feel free to share.

Thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Emptiness
#2 Posted : 12/13/2017 1:01:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am almost certain the reason it was given that name was because of when colonization took place and when crop farming started to come in to being in those areas they deforested and when they cut the accuminatas and/or stripped the bark it would smell like raspberry jam. I don't think it does, but i could see how you could make that correlation. Its pretty pungent, at least the full on branch/trunk bark. I don't think twigs have thick enough bark for the smell to emanate from. Twigs arnt a great idea due to the sheer volume of bark (around a few mm) compared to the leaves which contain usually over 1%