We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why the HUGE difference between the yellow spice & the White? Options

Alev-Kev
#1 Posted : 12/12/2017 4:42:40 PM

Just a consciousness walking around in a meatsak

~ Yo, NEXIANS,

My extractions had a cpl rookie errors that were cleaned up well and the process works beautifully, now. The ONE THING I'm finding is that the "experience" and dosage is SOOOO different with the yellow spice, containing a mix of alkaloids I'm assuming, and the pure white snowflakes of DMT. I've heard some reports of synergistic effects of NMT & DMT making the "trip" more intense, etc... Also, the white is soooo fluffy that it looks like a gigantic pile when loaded up. I'm wondering if any of you all have some thoughts or experiences to share. My technique is pretty good for vaping with a torch lighter from an inch or so away, pulling super hot air in to the bowl...
All feedback is appreciated!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/12/2017 10:36:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There's a considerable body of information on this topic already in the forum.

Looking at your other posts, would it be correct to say you're using something like a GVG without the ceramic flavor disks, and you're weighing your doses precisely?

There is a body of opinion that there is little qualitative difference between the yellow and white varieties and any perceived difference is essentially psychosomatic - but what you're saying is there's a quantitative difference in potency with doses of the same size, correct? Are you sure you're inhaling them and holding them in to the same degree each time? And it's the yellow spice that's stronger? Are you melting the pile of crystals before vaporization each time?

Furthermore, what was your extraction source and method, and how did the two different colours of crystals arise? This would help determine the likelihood of any trace synergestic alkaloids being present, although only a proper chemical analysis would demonstrate this with any certainty.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

chr0nic
#3 Posted : 12/12/2017 10:44:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't wait to get into extraction as a hobby; it must fill you with a massive sense of pride \ achievement the first time you gain spice!

I know very little about it all yet, but the other week someone posted something that would confirm that you're right- yellow has more alkaloids present. The poster also mentioned that he\she preferred light yellow DMT trips as "they are more often euphoric and enjoyable than white DMT trips" which I found interesting.

Instinct had me believe that white would have to be cleaner \ purer than yellow- but another post I read here somewhere said this wasn't true, and that depending on what you're extracting it from is the reason it becomes white\yellow\red - purity doesn't come into it.
-Trillium-

urtica
#4 Posted : 12/13/2017 4:57:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea there are a lot of threads about this topic. My guess is the coloring is more oils & waxes than other alkaloids & in my experience they are about the same weight for weight. In most of the extracts we are making DMT & NMT are the main alkaloids that are getting pulled, maybe maybe a cruder one could have a beta carboline in it of some sort...
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 12/13/2017 3:55:36 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Please see:
IMPORTANT: spice color purity fallacy AKA is your dmt ok to smoke ?

We've had a few members perform blind experiments and paired with the mass spec data, all evidence points to researcher bias accounting for any perceived differences.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Jees
#6 Posted : 12/13/2017 9:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alev-Kev wrote:
~ Yo, NEXIANS,

The ONE THING I'm finding is that the "experience" and dosage is SOOOO different with the yellow spice...
And which one did what for you exactly please?
Is your dosage based on eye sight? Weight? Using a 0.001gr scale?
Were there enough experiences to end all doubt that it was really such a big difference?
Dropping some idea and holding back on important factors is confusing. So please spill the necessary beans Thumbs up

Alev-Kev wrote:
...I've heard some reports of synergistic effects of NMT & DMT making the "trip" more intense,...
NMT is merely a mediator and not an intensifier. The NMT punch is much lower than that of DMT, numbers of 1/2 to 1/3 are not uncommon.
Do you have a fast link to share where you've read about the more "intense"?
Thx.

Happy trials.

Ulim
#7 Posted : 12/13/2017 10:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do find white DMT and yellow DMT to work differently when smoked.
Because the yellow one melts into a puddle while the white one doesnt do it as fast.
Also the stick on the yellow one is better.
I always like my dmt more sticky because i smoke in an electric vape and it simply works better this way.

Also a pile of small white dmt is way less than 1 big chunk of wax.
The density is waaay more on the yellow dmt.
What i like to do is collect all my dmt pulls and dissolve them into some clean ethanol and then you end up with a very dense wax like substance.
Imo way better to dose than crystal shards.

Alev-Kev
#8 Posted : 12/14/2017 3:21:14 PM

hey Family:
Thanks for the replies, thus far... I'll try to answer your queries in bulletpoints rather than quote from everyone's thread unless specificity is needed.
1. extraction Cyb's hyb salt tek on MHRB.
2. experimented with salting and it pushed a shitload of tannins in a late salting so...never again
3. had some temperature variations getting more oils and alkaloids from higher temps.
4. reduced temps to 90-100 f
5. freeze precipitating, pouring solvent off, fan drying crystals
6. YES, I have a scale to the thousandth! No eyeballing doses anymore.
7. The yellow has seemed more vivid, faster, and intense. At same dosages.
8. The white is smoother, almost creeper-like as it comes on.
9. Yes, NMT by itself is weaker, but the article I was reading was new research by somebody.... I'll try to find that again in browser history and update. The findings were SOME subjective and some correlating to a synergistic effect - that the HELP each other.
10. I have a glass piece with a ceramic disc cap, torch lighter held at distance, light draw to start the super-heated air intake. Got more smoke than WE had previously seen in other methods. I don't Pre-melt any of my hits out of a slight fear of wasting, I think..lol

I think that was most of the questions answered... I will check back soon and THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

melotikaci
#9 Posted : 12/14/2017 7:25:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:

What i like to do is collect all my dmt pulls and dissolve them into some clean ethanol and then you end up with a very dense wax like substance.
Imo way better to dose than crystal shards.

true.

Found out after evaporating the ethanol where I had hidden my dmt. the wax was way easier to manage and load. and you dont have to worry if you accidently drop your scale or your hands are shaking.

Jees
#10 Posted : 12/14/2017 8:43:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alev-Kev wrote:
hey Family:
Thanks for the replies, thus far... I'll try to answer your queries in bulletpoints rather than quote from everyone's thread unless specificity is needed.
1. extraction Cyb's hyb salt tek on MHRB.
2. experimented with salting and it pushed a shitload of tannins in a late salting so...never again
3. had some temperature variations getting more oils and alkaloids from higher temps.
4. reduced temps to 90-100 f
5. freeze precipitating, pouring solvent off, fan drying crystals
6. YES, I have a scale to the thousandth! No eyeballing doses anymore.
7. The yellow has seemed more vivid, faster, and intense. At same dosages.
8. The white is smoother, almost creeper-like as it comes on.
9. Yes, NMT by itself is weaker, but the article I was reading was new research by somebody.... I'll try to find that again in browser history and update. The findings were SOME subjective and some correlating to a synergistic effect - that the HELP each other.
10. I have a glass piece with a ceramic disc cap, torch lighter held at distance, light draw to start the super-heated air intake. Got more smoke than WE had previously seen in other methods. I don't Pre-melt any of my hits out of a slight fear of wasting, I think..lol

I think that was most of the questions answered... I will check back soon and THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
Thank you for the details.
I agree with 7. and 8. somewhat, I felt yellow hitting harder than pure white, yet I know it's all very much same substance. Differences in condensation properties in the lungs?? The yellow having more resistance to burning and thus vaping better?? I've no idea. I think we have to search in efficacy of the administration that just favors the yellow a bit. According to different personal smoking tools and jives, this effect might become pronounced as in your title "huge". In my case it was not huge rather noticeable.

In 5. I wait with opening the pot until there's no more condensate forming on the cold pot. The crystals will not start to (noticeable) dissolve by warming up to almost room temp. Then poor off solvent. I don't fan dry in the hope less spontaneously oxidation happens (colorization). Not too bad if that happens, still as active Thumbs up

In 4. there I would certainly not exceed 100degF. At that temp the non polar is already working hard.

In 2. whats going on with the tannin? How comes that's a prob doing a cyb tek?

Alev-Kev
#11 Posted : 12/15/2017 2:32:42 PM

Jees
In 2. whats going on with the tannin? How comes that's a prob doing a cyb tek?

I forgot to salt before basing, so I added salt to the soup late, in hopes the salt would help push the dmt into the solvent. A BUNCH of color came too. More browns than I'd seen in anyones' pics. So, that's the only issue - MY ERROR. As for the fan, it's exposed for so little time that there is next to no oxidation. Its like 20-30 mins tops and its white as the driven snow.

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 12/15/2017 5:48:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Adding salt after basing is pretty pointless; most of it won't dissolve due to the common ion effect.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Alev-Kev
#13 Posted : 12/16/2017 2:35:14 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Adding salt after basing is pretty pointless; most of it won't dissolve due to the common ion effect.

I added hot salt water, so it was dissolved already. I had done STB's a cpl times and had JUST read Cyb's hybrid, so I thought, 'hey, just put it in now... see what happens.' Yeah. NEVER again. haha

#14 Posted : 12/17/2017 1:16:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

For me the immense variability and content in dmt experiences [especially the deeper I go] make it pretty difficult to determine what's what relative to the color of the freebase. I thought there had been a strong variability between the colors/consistencies of freebase dmt, though after working with them over time it seems to me incredibly difficult to determine what's what with each experience, especially the deeper I go - the deeper I go the less difference/s [if any] there appear to be.

All roads up the same mountain, taking you to that same realm, same place ime.

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 12/17/2017 4:16:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It could be that there's some DMT n-oxide in your yellow spice. DMT-n-oxide has more or less the same effects as DMT itself though, but it's a little weaker.
It could also be that there are some beta-carbolines in the yellow stuff. Mimosa contains tiny amounts of beta carbolines.

Shadowus
#16 Posted : 12/26/2017 5:52:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to know for sure yourself what the difference is, you can test it with Thin Layer Chromotography. Below is a link where a good Nexian explains.

Unraveling the Vines
If teachers show us anything, it is that our human potential is endless.

jiva
#17 Posted : 12/26/2017 7:59:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alev-Kev wrote:
The ONE THING I'm finding is that the "experience" and dosage is SOOOO different with the yellow spice, containing a mix of alkaloids I'm assuming

i just want to throw in that i had my yellow spice lab tested and it was 95% pure.

Ulim
#18 Posted : 12/26/2017 4:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
Alev-Kev wrote:
The ONE THING I'm finding is that the "experience" and dosage is SOOOO different with the yellow spice, containing a mix of alkaloids I'm assuming

i just want to throw in that i had my yellow spice lab tested and it was 95% pure.

Yeah. The only thing different is density.
White fluffy powder has more volume per dmt than yellow wax like dmt.

dragonrider
#19 Posted : 12/26/2017 4:43:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT-n-oxide is actually a yellow, waxy substance.