We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How not to burn dmt Options

psychotropia1
#1 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:02:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After 3 attemtps of breakthrough, with none succeding i decided it's time to stop burning dmt.
My last trip was a pretty strong trip but wihtou breakthrought.

The amount was about 0.05g (50mg) pure (recrystallized) dmt. This is a breathrough amount.
I was using a meth pipe.
If you look at my meth pipe you will see a lot of black tar stuck to it inside (which suggests dmt was burned).

At the thrd hit there was no smoke left, which means all the dmt was burned.

So i decided to discard the meth pipe and find new ways of smoking that will not burn the substance.

I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKRybemCHGQ
Where this guy uses a plastic bottle and aluminum foil. He claims that you cannot burn dmt this way.
After researching here though, i found that most people say this is a really poor method of smoking dmt.

So what do i do now?
My main question is... If i use the machine.. does it burn dmt?

I see a lot of people using it. If it doesnt' burn dmt, it it's impossible to burn it then i will build one asap. I want to see some entities.

It's a pity after all the trouble of obtaining dmt, to just waste it.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#2 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:24:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc

Bye-Bye Choreboy

Work on getting these two items if you're able to. Paired together they are a highly efficient, brutal combo for freebase dmt.

Or make some enhanced leaf in a 1:1 ratio [dmt:herb]. You can use isopropyl to dissolve the dmt in a small shallow dish, add the herb, put over warm surface [no open flames] [or just do open-air, though takes a bit longer to dry], stir every half hour or so to keep the solution&herb mixed, then once the isopropyl's evaporated - chop up and mix the enhanced leaf up in the dish, let sit a bit longer to get any residual isopropyl out of the mix. Jar. Smoke. Very happy

Enhanced leaf is a pretty foolproof method when it comes to smoking and getting deep - just light, drag slow, big tokes, gone Very happy . Using a small bubbler or glass bong preferably for enhanced leaf [with reallly ice cold water]. Or if push comes to shove - just use a standard cannabis pipe.

pastanostra
#3 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi psychotropia1

The machine is just awesome, you must try it...

With the machine, it's hard to burn dmt, as it's melted on the iron, you just have to carefuly approach the lighter near the neck until smoke arrive. You can "adjust" a bit the quantity of smoke you inhale with the distance wetween the lighter and the neck of the bottle.

If your lighter is to close and burn the dmt you'll heard a little crackle of the dmt burning, the smoke will be harsh to smokie. If you get the loghter a bit far, that should be better to smoke.

The machine can be easily built with a dremel for the hole.

Cheers

JP
#4 Posted : 12/8/2017 7:27:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the exact same thing happen my first time with the molecule. The machine is the way to go if you don't want to spend to much money. If you don't want to deal with drilling holes into glass you can pretty much use any pipe with a deeper bowl head. My favorite machine variation is to use a bong adapter, the one I use is a 14mm male-18mm female adapter, leave the slide out and fill the female piece with char boy.

I just had my first changa experience last weekend, I make some 1:1 with 300mg harmalas, as I saw recommended by tatt, I would advise you to do the same. I felt that the experience was far superior to smoking FB and I was able to remember much more.

And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Sunnyside
#5 Posted : 12/8/2017 3:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:

Or make some enhanced leaf in a 1:1 ratio [dmt:herb]. You can use isopropyl to dissolve the dmt in a small shallow dish, add the herb, put over warm surface [no open flames] [or just do open-air, though takes a bit longer to dry], stir every half hour or so to keep the solution&herb mixed, then once the isopropyl's evaporated - chop up and mix the enhanced leaf up in the dish, let sit a bit longer to get any residual isopropyl out of the mix. Jar. Smoke. Very happy

My question is about the 'chop up and mix..."

I believe I'm doing ok, using the mullein, caapi leaf, pao d'arco and some others - blue lotus, dream herb, etc.

I've been mostly finger-wrestling the herbs before I put them in the solution, breaking them up by hand.

I've read/heard/seen of something called a 'grinder'. Is that worth it? Seems like everything else, you could spend a whole bunch on it. But the pao d'arco is quite twiggy/stick-like, just wondering about others' opinions.

Like I say, I think I'm at least ok as I'm doing it.

Thanks for any comments.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 12/8/2017 5:57:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

DO NOT, repeat do not use the plastic and aluminum foil method, this will result in inhaling all sorts of neurotoxic compounds that you really do not want in your body.

I'd also advise changa or enhanced leaf as it's the simplest method and removes pretty much all the pitfalls of fiddling around with crystals and special pipes and proper vaporization techniques.

For straight freebase, hands down GVG is the best choice. Machine works fine and is probably your second best choice. Both those require fiddling around with weighing crystals and proper technique however.

Used properly even a dab rig or that meth tube can do the thing, it takes a good bit of practice to vape properly and not burn it using conduction heating methods like that though. Not really recommended when there are better choices.

Honestly if you are tired of wasting material on the learning curve, just make enhanced leaf. Take a nice herb to smoke (say mullein or blue lotus or even some chamomile or some such), dissolve your DMT in some alcohol or acetone, infuse your DMT solution into the herb at a 1:1 ratio (ie. 100 mg DMT into 100 mg herb), dry it out really well, load it up in a bong or any regular spoon style cannabis pipe and puff tuff. Don't forget to hold your hits as long as you can.

@Sunnyside:
Grinding works fine but isn't necessary as long as it's a reasonable size to fit in a pipe bowl and smoke it's fine. With woody material such as caapi bark or pau d'arco I recommend not actually smoking the wood but soaking it your solvent for a day or before you use it to make changa such that you get all the flavor/effect but don't have to actually smoke the wood.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Sunnyside
#7 Posted : 12/10/2017 1:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

Grinding works fine but isn't necessary as long as it's a reasonable size to fit in a pipe bowl and smoke it's fine. With woody material such as caapi bark or pau d'arco I recommend not actually smoking the wood but soaking it your solvent for a day or before you use it to make changa such that you get all the flavor/effect but don't have to actually smoke the wood.

Well that sounds easy and effective. Right up my alley.

Iโ€™m glad I asked.

Thanks
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)