We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions for microdosers. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 12/4/2017 10:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a couple of questions for people who microdose shrooms, LSD or other psychedelics.
1-Has microdosing had an effect on your psychedelic experiences? Have you develloped a greater tolerance, or have you experienced less or more side-effects than normal?
2-How often do you take a microdose, and is it Always the same substance and the same amount?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Raptorrr
#2 Posted : 12/5/2017 6:33:02 PM

PsilocyRaptorrr

Hey, I microdose LSD. As for your first question I haven't noticed microdosing has had an effect on my trips in terms of tolerance or side effects.

I also don't microdose too often, usually just when I felt I'll need it to lift me through the day (if I got poor sleep the night before for example). So far I've only microdosed LSD but I intend to microdose 4-Aco-DMT soon enough.

Personally, I like to go for about 15ug if I want to concentrate on a project oy studying. 18ug is a nice dose for me to take at home to enjoy it more, it definitely has a noticeable effect on my mood. I advise you experiment with doses at home first to see what doses fit certain tasks for you (assuming you're new to microdosing).

I suppose it could also be argued that doses so low could be placebo, except I really do feel as if they help me throughout the day. Luckily, a study is being conducted on microdosing LSD soon enough if you're interested: http://beckleyfoundation.org/microdosing-lsd/

The human being is this night, this empty nothing, that contains everything in its simplicity—an unending wealth of many representations, images, of which none belongs to him—or which are not present. ... One catches sight of this night when one looks human beings in the eye—into a night that becomes awful - Hegel

Anything perfect is worth destroying, in fact it is desirable to destroy it, true beauty lies in imperfection - Nietzsche

An_Observer
#3 Posted : 12/6/2017 2:41:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I microdosed mushrooms (200mG-250mG dry) for a while to help manage chronic migraines.
For me, it did change journeys with DMT for even days after at that dosage. Added a different layer to it almost. Or rather revealed a different layer to it.
Journey didn't feel different depth-wise, I just seemed a little more open to it.
I was micro-dosing about once every 4th day.
When I was still doing this, I was noticing threshold effect for nearly the first day (mild closed eye visuals, and shift in mood and perspective).
The next day, I could still feel the changes in mood, and after that nothing noticeable except the migraines stayed away.

I also seem to have a sensitivity to psychedelics now though so results will probably vary.
I used to need 50-70mG of DMT to make it through the gates, while some of my latest journeys took me beyond that with as little as 15-20mG.

Running Bear
#4 Posted : 12/6/2017 12:04:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use to microdose psilocybin mushrooms. Test the potency of your substance before you actually go out and do anything . One time I accidentally started tripping at work because I didnt test the potency Laughing ..

AikyO
#5 Posted : 12/6/2017 12:45:22 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

I microdosed acid quite a bit. Too much actually at some point, and there are negative effect - anxiety, depersonalization, weird mood from Chtulu's realm and whatnot, ...

But overall it was amazing. People say they microdose to avoid the psychedelic effect but I beg to differ. The essence of psychedelia is perfectly encapsulated in microdosing. It is just felt sub perceptually. there is a malicious pleasure to take a substance that reveal the subconsciouss in such a way that it is felt mostly subconsciously.

For me, I could definitly feel "it", even as low as 5/8ug (it was very pure lsd though). It enhance focus for some activity, new outlook on life and social interaction, sharpest sense (especially vision)(goes hand by hand with->Pleased, you see new details everywhere, therefore more creative and "flow"-ish. Overall good mood and reconnection with nature. On a long period of time, I even began to have synesthesia - not all crazy bonkers like I high dosage but particular music would evoke very precise set of colors, so I could just listen to them beautiful tunes and emotionally rest in the colors. It also made me eat more and more fruit because they were so vibrant and colorful (especially tropical fruits). Big reconnection with the inner child and animistic stuff.

I think it's an incredible way to take psychedelics and it will play a great role in a psychedelic revival. That is, if not used primarely for all the performance outcome. I want to try again soon with mushrooms (for martial art and changa^^), acid is man made and tend to be more egocentrical of a molecule, more tiresome for the brain too - I really think that we should only take natural psychedelic substance. Even if there is some downside on precision, those areas of uncertainty are the core of it.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Raptorrr
#6 Posted : 12/6/2017 7:17:09 PM

PsilocyRaptorrr

ÅikyǬ wrote:
I microdosed acid quite a bit. Too much actually at some point, and there are negative effect - anxiety, depersonalization, weird mood from Chtulu's realm and whatnot, ...

But overall it was amazing. People say they microdose to avoid the psychedelic effect but I beg to differ. The essence of psychedelia is perfectly encapsulated in microdosing. It is just felt sub perceptually. there is a malicious pleasure to take a substance that reveal the subconsciouss in such a way that it is felt mostly subconsciously.

For me, I could definitly feel "it", even as low as 5/8ug (it was very pure lsd though). It enhance focus for some activity, new outlook on life and social interaction, sharpest sense (especially vision)(goes hand by hand with->Pleased, you see new details everywhere, therefore more creative and "flow"-ish. Overall good mood and reconnection with nature. On a long period of time, I even began to have synesthesia - not all crazy bonkers like I high dosage but particular music would evoke very precise set of colors, so I could just listen to them beautiful tunes and emotionally rest in the colors. It also made me eat more and more fruit because they were so vibrant and colorful (especially tropical fruits). Big reconnection with the inner child and animistic stuff.

I think it's an incredible way to take psychedelics and it will play a great role in a psychedelic revival. That is, if not used primarely for all the performance outcome. I want to try again soon with mushrooms (for martial art and changa^^), acid is man made and tend to be more egocentrical of a molecule, more tiresome for the brain too - I really think that we should only take natural psychedelic substance. Even if there is some downside on precision, those areas of uncertainty are the core of it.

I don't think we should write off substances just because they're synthetic. I understand why people might think "natural" is better but LSD has a long history of safe use.
The human being is this night, this empty nothing, that contains everything in its simplicity—an unending wealth of many representations, images, of which none belongs to him—or which are not present. ... One catches sight of this night when one looks human beings in the eye—into a night that becomes awful - Hegel

Anything perfect is worth destroying, in fact it is desirable to destroy it, true beauty lies in imperfection - Nietzsche

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 12/6/2017 9:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Raptorrr wrote:
ÅikyǬ wrote:

I don't think we should write off substances just because they're synthetic. I understand why people might think "natural" is better but LSD has a long history of safe use.

And you could say that LSD is just a little more potent and stable analogue of LSH. So the lsd STATE is a completely natural state.

I'm interested in trying this micro-dosing thing. Especially the fact that people report being more positive and such.
As i know i'm a bit grumpy sometimes,Embarrased and feel that i could do better in that area.

form is emptiness
#8 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:24:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of useful info here, particularly regarding dosing schedule - a coherent method that makes most sense to me.

This schedule basically revolves around dosing every 4th day.

Regarding dose, I too like to feel the dose, but no more than a mere hint, just enough to boost focus and energy levels, between 5ug and 10ug.

Will also be exploring microdosing with psilohuasca. I think it may be more effective than LSD for achieving the intended flow state. In terms of dosage I would probably dose 50mg to 100mg syrian rue harmala extract (pretty much full maoi inhibition for me) and about 0.1g of cubensis tea. I find that my mind is still quite 'busy' on LSD, but not so when bemushroomed, and this is what I seek. Obviously this combo is not recommended for folk on prescription meds.

I find stacking with natural adaptogenic plants brings an interesting synergy to the mix, Paul Stamets recommends stacking psilocybes with Lions Mane - and talks some very interesting science regarding the combined effects of these two mushrooms on the brain.

Either way, regular meditation is essential to prepare and integrate working with psyches.

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:49:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

form is emptiness wrote:
Paul Stamets recommends stacking psilocybes with Lions Mane - and talks some very interesting science regarding the combined effects of these two mushrooms on the brain.

If I may interject on this brief tangent: I personally recommend stacking psilocybe with reishi, and actually any medicinal mushroom you would like to grok. This includes shiitake, maitake, turkey tail, etc. There is potential for great synergy among the mushrooms.

I like to think of it this way:

Ayahuasca vine is to medicinal jungle plants as
Psilocybe mush is to medicinal mushrooms.

One is a portal to / a way to better understand and use the other.

poof
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

urtica
#10 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:02:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
form is emptiness wrote:
Paul Stamets recommends stacking psilocybes with Lions Mane - and talks some very interesting science regarding the combined effects of these two mushrooms on the brain.

If I may interject on this brief tangent: I personally recommend stacking psilocybe with reishi, and actually any medicinal mushroom you would like to grok. This includes shiitake, maitake, turkey tail, etc. There is potential for great synergy among the mushrooms.

I like to think of it this way:

Ayahuasca vine is to medicinal jungle plants as
Psilocybe mush is to medicinal mushrooms.

One is a portal to / a way to better understand and use the other.

poof

I really like this idea, of the psilocybe opening you to the other mushrooms. I really love in my own life to use the visionary medicines to learn about the plants that grow around me in a similar fashion to that used in Amazonian dieta practices. Smoking a smallish amount of changa while meditating with a living plant really brings the plants spirit out.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

urtica
#11 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O, and to stay on track:

I have microdosed mushrooms, iboga, and trichocereus cactus.

I took Iboga every day for 1 month 2 separate times. It was beautiful especially at the beginning although I did become very emotionally fragile. Since noribogaine builds up in the body I was basically tripping all the time by the end of the month, with the CD skip visuals present whenever it got dark or I got tired or I got stoned. That plant has a strong personality and liked looking at the world through me, and helped me a lot with changing unhealthy patterns of mine.

I worked with mushrooms (P cubensis) in capsules of ~400mg each. I was taking them every day while working a really hard fishing job that did not give me much sleep. They helped me to power through and to see the beauty more easily but I had to stop because I got too fragile emotionally. If I did this again I would do the 4 day schedule.

I have microdosed Trichocereus bridgesii powder a few times, about 1-2 grams of the powder. This is really nice, almost 'rolly', some color enhancement and a lot of feeling enhancement. I have not done this on a schedule yet, but have been taking this dose about once a week or sometimes more like once every 4-5 days.

I just got some 20ug tabs of IP-LSD that I want to use to microdose someday.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

urtica
#12 Posted : 12/7/2017 7:17:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O, also David Nichols warns about microdosing LSD every day. Something about the 5HT3 receptor activity maybe potentially causing heart damage. I will try to find a reference for this. Phen Phen, the weight loss drug that was giving people heart attacks interacts with this receptor.

Raptorrr
#13 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:24:23 PM

PsilocyRaptorrr

urtica wrote:
O, and to stay on track:

I have microdosed mushrooms, iboga, and trichocereus cactus.

I took Iboga every day for 1 month 2 separate times. It was beautiful especially at the beginning although I did become very emotionally fragile. Since noribogaine builds up in the body I was basically tripping all the time by the end of the month, with the CD skip visuals present whenever it got dark or I got tired or I got stoned. That plant has a strong personality and liked looking at the world through me, and helped me a lot with changing unhealthy patterns of mine.

I worked with mushrooms (P cubensis) in capsules of ~400mg each. I was taking them every day while working a really hard fishing job that did not give me much sleep. They helped me to power through and to see the beauty more easily but I had to stop because I got too fragile emotionally. If I did this again I would do the 4 day schedule.

I have microdosed Trichocereus bridgesii powder a few times, about 1-2 grams of the powder. This is really nice, almost 'rolly', some color enhancement and a lot of feeling enhancement. I have not done this on a schedule yet, but have been taking this dose about once a week or sometimes more like once every 4-5 days.

I just got some 20ug tabs of IP-LSD that I want to use to microdose someday.

That's interesting, I've never heard of anyone microdosing iboga, a more in depth report of microdosing it would be appreciated on my end Big grin

and yeah, microdosing mescaline sounds great with its entactogenic properties.

jbark
#14 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:35:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting questions...
I just started micro-dosing this week ( JBArk’s Micro-dosing Log ),and I will definitely post back here when I try a larger dose, or vape some DMT.

One (among many) reasons I decided to micro-dose was to see if I could ease my way back up to high mushroom doses, after a few crazy, terrifying and depressing ones scared me off a little...

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

PlantTraveller
#15 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1. Three days after my 2nd microdose of either 3 or 6 ug, I had a mushroom trip of 1g dried. I'm normally a bit of a hard head, the 1g dried didn't really feel like a trip to me, I was definitely giggly and insightful, but it was far from the full on cosmic blast that I have experienced on, say, 27g fresh. I wouldn't think that the microdosing would have affected my trip much, especially because I was on a super low dose in the first place. I didn't expect the 1g to be very strong though I was interested in trying to make it stronger than I thought it would be, to test my entirely made up theory that you can work down to lower and lower dosages to get the same effects as higher doses.

2. I've just come off my first month of microdosing. I took either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 ug of 1p-LSD every 3 - 4 days. I'm not sure whether my tabs are 100 or 200 ug, you see. I found an extremely strong difference between my dosages, and I definitely recommend starting with a very low dose and going up from there. I will eventually test higher dosages, but not yet.

That was the first month. I'm now planning on spending the next month integrating what I've learned and gained from the past month. Might start a wee thread.
Until we are all free, we are none of us free.
Emma Lazarus