CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reaction from Touching Spice Options
 
Ovidroid
#1 Posted : 12/2/2017 6:14:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
Hey All,

I recently finished an STB using Bestine as my NPS. After freeze precipitation, I allowed the spice to dry thoroughly. Seemed to be a successful project, the spice looks and smells quite nice, though I plan to do a wash and possibly a re-X.

Anyway, I recently purchased an infinity jar (these are really nice, by the way) for storing the spice so I had to transfer it to the new jar from the old one. There was some space dust left inside the old jar when I had finished trying to scrape it all out, so I wiped the inside of the old jar with my finger and put everything away.

I washed my hands and went back to my computer. Then I started to feel something. It was like an internal "charging-up" feeling: my heart started beating faster, I started to feel a slight buzz ramping up, and overall I felt like I had just taken a dose of something, and it was a bit uncomfortable, honestly. It faded after about 10-15 minutes, I suppose, and then my fingers and feet were a little tingly.

Does this sound like spice absorption through the skin or perhaps some solvent traces absorbing through the skin? Again, I thought I dried the spice pretty well: it is a nice powder, slightly waxy to the touch, but doesn't clump much, smells normal (no solvent smell). I know that both heptane and spice can absorb through the skin, but in another thread on the Nexus, the consensus seemed to be that it would require a decent amount of spice in some sort of carrier oil (coconut oil, or the like) in order for it to work. There couldn't have been more than a milligram or two on my finger, if that. Even if there were solvent traces, I can't imagine there could be enough solvent in there to absorb into my skin and cause such an effect. But I don't know.

So I am just slightly concerned that I would feel such an effect, however mild, simply from handling this spice. I can't imagine there would be any other contaminants in it. I used 100% lye, purified water, and Bestine, and that's it.

Any thoughts on this? If you touch your spice does it tease you with hints at something more? Or am I poisoning myself unintentionally with solvent traces?

Thanks for any input you guys might have to share!
 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
332211
#2 Posted : 12/2/2017 9:54:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 133
Joined: 29-Aug-2014
Last visit: 11-Dec-2017
do a small "controlled" study and just wipe a glass again. feel free to experiment
 
antares
#3 Posted : 12/2/2017 8:08:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 12
Joined: 19-Nov-2017
Last visit: 06-Dec-2017
? inhalation of fine powder during the scraping and transfer process?
 
Ovidroid
#4 Posted : 12/2/2017 9:36:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
332211, I'm just concerned as to whether it is solvent or spice making me feel the effect.

Antares, I suppose that's possible. I did smell it in the jar before transferring. I don't have more than about 800 mg in the jar, though, so I doubt it was from scraping. I don't know how much small - particle spice might be floating in the jar at any given time, but maybe.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of nothing, but my experience doesn't appear to be a common one. If you take a whiff of your spice do you feel any effects?
 
332211
#5 Posted : 12/2/2017 11:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 133
Joined: 29-Aug-2014
Last visit: 11-Dec-2017
solvent should ignite Pleased
 
Ovidroid
#6 Posted : 12/4/2017 4:23:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
332211,

Yes, solvent should ignite Smile

I did a vapor test on it. I took just a small scoop (~2mg or so) and placed it on a piece of aluminum foil. Then I vaporized it on the foil using a lighter below the foil. It liquefied nicely and transformed into a nice, thick vapor, as expected. There was no visible flame.

After the test was complete, there was a very slight "soot" outline where the liquefied spice had ventured prior to giving up the ghost, so to speak. Not much soot, really, but perceptible.

I can't tell, though, if it was maybe burnt spice or oil or impurities or what.

The fact that there was no "ignition" makes me think there can't be that much solvent in the spice.

So it seems I'm the only one who gets any sort of reaction from simply touching the spice? I hope I am not allergic or something.
 
downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 12/5/2017 4:36:54 PM

Eggnogstic


Posts: 2542
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 11-Dec-2017
Location: square root of minus one
Quote:
So it seems I'm the only one who gets any sort of reaction from simply touching the spice? I hope I am not allergic or something.

If you were allergic you'd get skin rash, water eyes and/or breathing difficulties.

You were probably just excited about your new extraction and/or sensitised to the mysterium tremendum Wink
All posts by this user are purely fictitious and provided for entertainment purposes only.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora
???
Thinking of evaporating? Save money and the environment! Reuse your solvents!
 
Ovidroid
#8 Posted : 12/6/2017 5:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
downwardsfromzero, good point regarding allergies...
 
RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 12/7/2017 3:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 589
Joined: 12-Mar-2010
Last visit: 10-Dec-2017
Location: Urf
This happened to me last night as I was cleaning out an old pipe.

Humans can be extraordinarily sensitive creatures.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken
 
Ovidroid
#10 Posted : 12/7/2017 4:14:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
Ah, RhythmSpring, I was hoping someone might come along and say something like that. I wouldn't have imagined that such a small amount of spice would absorb through my skin so readily and that I would actually feel it, but I suppose it's plausible (granted, pipe residue is a bit different from fresh spice, but I'll just take it as evidence of plausibility). Thanks for your comment.
 
EntreNous
#11 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:57:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 126
Joined: 22-Jul-2017
Last visit: 10-Dec-2017
Hi Ovidroid.

I'm curious if you had any RIMA or MAOI in your system at the time. I'm also curious if Rhythm Springs pipe goo had harmala goo as well. As far as I know topical nn-dmt needs an maoi of some sort to be active but I might be completely off base.
Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. -Flaubert-

till next time , ahskě:nę hę ( Peace)
 
RhythmSpring
#12 Posted : 12/7/2017 4:00:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 589
Joined: 12-Mar-2010
Last visit: 10-Dec-2017
Location: Urf
I don't think I had MAOIs freshly in my system, but I have been microdosing ayahuasca vine on and off, and I'm sure the MAOIed effect was lingering in my system.

Sometimes the MAOI effect wears off fast, but sometimes it doesn't, for me, and lingers for days.

I think it's a complex thing with a lot of factors--I've drunk ACRB tea with absolutely NO MAOIs in my system, and felt something.

I also believe that children and animals may be more susceptible to things that are normally potentiated by a MAOI. Perhaps some people don't have much MAO to inhibit to begin with, for whatever reason, outside of having taken MAOIs.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken
 
Ovidroid
#13 Posted : 12/7/2017 5:13:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 46
Joined: 13-Nov-2011
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Location: Pedestria
EntreNous,

No, I don't have any RIMAs or MAOIs.

I checked out this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=32309

House had infused 5ml of coconut oil (and later used ethanol to jump-start absorption) with spice and had some minor effects (from his mixture, it appears that 5ml would have contained about 167mg of spice, which is likely hundreds of times the amount on my finger). It doesn't appear that any MAO inhibition was relied upon for the effect.

That was why I got a little concerned about my reaction, after reading that post above, given that I was dealing with such a small amount of material.

 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.024 seconds.