We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Healthiest and smallest food out there? Snack time!!! Options

justB612
#1 Posted : 11/13/2017 3:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there!

I'm thanking god right now, because the following weeks I'll finally have some money to spend.
After being in keto for a few months, I'm acquainted with making healthy dishes.
But to gain weight, I need 3 solid meals and 3 snacks.

So there is my question. And while we're at it, let's extend it a little bit.

If I would ask you to list your healthiest substances, mostly foodstuff, what would it be?

For me, different mushrooms for instance (although some of them need extraction :/ )
Garlic?!? Strong stuff.
Ginger is also nice.
I hear a lot of good stuff about blueberries, and some nuts?
Vegetable sprouts?
Kefir kombucha and tibicos?

If I could have enough money to arrange my snacks to be the healthiest of the healthy, what would you recommend?

As a side note, if it's keto friendly that's a big plus Smile not a necessity though...
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 11/13/2017 6:39:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You've got some of my favourites there already, others include

activated almonds
avocado
red skin seeded grapes
pumpkin pits
whole greek yoghurt

And there's nothing like plain ole spinach and brocolli for me either, I dunno why but I really like the stuff. Bit of a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil and a sprinkle of veggie salt on it... nom nom.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

CosmicLion
#3 Posted : 11/13/2017 8:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To keep things "raw" you have to keep the temp below 109 deg F

This is good as it preserves natural living enzymes in the foods.

A great snack is home-made Kale Chips made with Hemp Oil.

Hemp Oil contains "natures ideal ratio" of Omega 3:6:9 fatty acids and also the GLA and SLA variations of these fats.

Just take your hemp oil, and mix it with powderized spices + herbs. Can get a pre-made salad dressing packet, or just throw some garlic, onion, and herb powders in a coffee grinder. A little bit of Cayenne is really good for you too.

Take the Hemp Oil powder blend, mix it well and coat + spread it in a bowl with a bunch of hand-shredded kale pieces.

Run in the Food Dehyrator at 100 deg F until dry and crispy... will be a bit oily, but its good for you.

Even if your body cannot break the cellulose of the Kale to unlock the nutrients, you are still delivering a good serving of fiber + healthy fats with each serving... and it can be REALLY tasty too!

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 11/13/2017 11:07:34 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

CosmicLion wrote:
To keep things "raw" you have to keep the temp below 109 deg F

This is good as it preserves natural living enzymes in the foods.

A great snack is home-made Kale Chips made with Hemp Oil.

Hemp Oil contains "natures ideal ratio" of Omega 3:6:9 fatty acids and also the GLA and SLA variations of these fats.

Just take your hemp oil, and mix it with powderized spices + herbs. Can get a pre-made salad dressing packet, or just throw some garlic, onion, and herb powders in a coffee grinder. A little bit of Cayenne is really good for you too.

Take the Hemp Oil powder blend, mix it well and coat + spread it in a bowl with a bunch of hand-shredded kale pieces.

Run in the Food Dehyrator at 100 deg F until dry and crispy... will be a bit oily, but its good for you.

Even if your body cannot break the cellulose of the Kale to unlock the nutrients, you are still delivering a good serving of fiber + healthy fats with each serving... and it can be REALLY tasty too!

Thumbs up

Ferment the kale first by submerging it in a solution of spring water and high quality sea salt for a couple days or weeks, ala making pickles or kraut, to make those nutrients in your chips much more bioavailable. Thumbs up

As far as other highly nutrient dense foods: cacao, seaweed, sardines, salmon (makes great jerky), eggs, berries, organ meats (pemmican), soybeans (dry roasted), sweet potatoes make great chips too (ferment them first as well).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Godsmacker
#5 Posted : 11/14/2017 7:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hemp seed, flax seed, etc.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 11/14/2017 7:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

permatrip
#7 Posted : 11/27/2017 8:02:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My favorite hemp seeds
permatrip attached the following image(s):
Hemp Hearts 001.JPG (2,842kb) downloaded 67 time(s).
put your hands in my hand and together we will take on all the world

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 11/27/2017 11:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli sprouts are amazing. You can easily grow them in a mason jar. I've been adding them to daily smoothies and have noticed a boost in energy and less felt chronic back pain and less muscle tightness. They taste good on salads as well.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Norsern_vind
#9 Posted : 12/4/2017 7:17:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moringa

Chaya

Purslane

Amaranth sprouts

Broccoli sprouts

Chard

Flaxseed

Chia seed

Ulim