We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue and ringing in the ears hypothesis Options

kreen
#1 Posted : 6/19/2017 7:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rue has vasicinone in it.
Vasicinone is quinazoline alkaloid.
Quinazoline is "an aza derivative of quinoline".

Quinine is a derivative of quinoline too and quinine causes ringing in the ears.

Is there some kind of connection between them then? Is this why you get ringing when you take harmalas?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kreen
#2 Posted : 6/19/2017 7:43:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I guess this could be solved by taking caapi or harmalas extracted from caapi since caapi doesn't have vasicinone Big grin

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 6/19/2017 8:13:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just do a Manske on it...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 6/20/2017 4:07:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

kreen wrote:

Quinine is a derivative of quinoline too and quinine causes ringing in the ears.

Is there some kind of connection between them then? Is this why you get ringing when you take harmalas?

That seems a bit far fetched. What about the quinuclidine moiety present in quinine? Do any other quinoline-based compounds cause ringing in the ears?

What if, after doing a Manske on your rue, it turns out that it's the β-carbolines causing your ears to ring? Or some other substance - of which in Peganum harmala seed tea there can be quite a few?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 6/20/2017 5:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would speculate that it is linked to the vertigo/motion sickness that is caused by harmalas. I have never experienced this on harmalas, but have had ringing in my ears associated with motion sickness.

kreen
#6 Posted : 6/21/2017 9:05:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
kreen wrote:

That seems a bit far fetched. What about the quinuclidine moiety present in quinine? Do any other quinoline-based compounds cause ringing in the ears?

What if, after doing a Manske on your rue, it turns out that it's the β-carbolines causing your ears to ring? Or some other substance - of which in Peganum harmala seed tea there can be quite a few?

Just did some searching and I found that fluoroquinolones are related to quinoline. Fluoroquinolones are antibiotics and they can cause ringing in the ears

What is "quinuclidine moiety"?

Yea could be the betacarbolines or something other causing the ringing. Just wanted to share this thought I had lol

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 6/21/2017 9:13:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Good research. n=3 for quinoline derivatives causing tinnitus. Now we need a number for non-quinoline compounds that cause ear-ringing for a QSAR study. Quinoline is only 1 carbon atom group bigger than indole, though. And how does DIPT fit in with this?

Quote:

Quote:
Quinuclidine is found as a structural component of some biomolecules including quinine.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

kreen
#8 Posted : 6/21/2017 10:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Good research. n=3 for quinoline derivatives causing tinnitus. Now we need a number for non-quinoline compounds that cause ear-ringing for a QSAR study. Quinoline is only 1 carbon atom group bigger than indole, though. And how does DIPT fit in with this?

Quote:

Quote:
Quinuclidine is found as a structural component of some biomolecules including quinine.

What is n=3? Do you mean 3 different researchs on "quinoline derivatives causing tinnitus"?
Why would DIPT fit in this Surprised

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 6/21/2017 11:26:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's broadly the idea.

DIPT is (in)famous for its auditory effects, although not exactly tinnitus.

Northerner
#10 Posted : 6/21/2017 11:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a funny thing that I've always wondered about. With some changa blends that have rue harmalas I can get a persistent ringing in one ear that lasts way past the initial carrier wave, though the tone is not unlike the carrier wave tone. It's like I'll get a pop type sensation then it will ring, then it will fade. Sometimes that sensation can come and go for a day or two afterwards also.

Other journeys I've had with rue harmala admixture the carrier wave will follow me the whole way through the trip, but at a much quieter level. But not so much with caapi harmalas.

I'd be totally speculating if I added any more to the conversation, it's just my anecdotal experience.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

kreen
#11 Posted : 6/22/2017 12:02:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
It's a funny thing that I've always wondered about. With some changa blends that have rue harmalas I can get a persistent ringing in one ear that lasts way past the initial carrier wave, though the tone is not unlike the carrier wave tone. It's like I'll get a pop type sensation then it will ring, then it will fade. Sometimes that sensation can come and go for a day or two afterwards also.

Other journeys I've had with rue harmala admixture the carrier wave will follow me the whole way through the trip, but at a much quieter level. But not so much with caapi harmalas.

I'd be totally speculating if I added any more to the conversation, it's just my anecdotal experience.

Please speculate Very happy It's nice to read other people's experiences! Do you mean that you don't get any ringing with caapi harmalas? That's so weird!

Northerner
#12 Posted : 12/4/2017 4:31:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A few months ago my ears started ringing all the time. Just a couple of days after a couple of harmala doses. (coincidental?) They haven't stopped since. I was bothered at first, but I'm kinda over that now.

Strange though, it's like something in the harmalas has caused my brain to tell me this. In hyperspace there can be silence though, it's the only time there's ever silence for me now.

Maybe one day it'll just suddenly stop, like it started.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Loveall
#13 Posted : 12/4/2017 7:23:12 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Anyone tried Ginkgo biloba to reduce tinnitus or other herbal remedies?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚