We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
Are you all ok? Options

dragonrider
#61 Posted : 10/26/2017 4:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
soulfood wrote:
.. to put me down because I have a dick... fat bitches Razz

OHNOES!! #DICKPRIDE #FATSHAMING #VIRTUALBITCHSLAPPING

Seriously, offence is a matter of give and take. If you cannot handle unwelcome responses to your opinions, then don't write stuff on internet forums.

Soulfood specifically refered to women who hated him, simply because he is a man.

I think you can call people who hate others because of their gender, race, or whatever, anything you like to call them, without that in any way whatsoever, being derogatory towards women in general.

So those labels do not realy apply here. If you can call a male asshole a prick, then you can also call female assholes bitches.

If you cannot handle someone's choice of words, even though the content of his message is in no way mean or discriminatory, then you shouldn't write stuff on internet fora either.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hug46
#62 Posted : 10/26/2017 4:32:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
If you can call a male asshole a prick, then you can also call female assholes bitches.

I take issue with the use of the word "bitch" as an insult. A bitch is a female dog and by using it in a derogatory fashion one is implying that dogs are bad. Not only is it doggist but it is also marginalising a species of animal that we have not yet learned to fully understand, subsequently they are left out of any way of giving a response to having being maligned in this fashion.

pitubo
#63 Posted : 10/26/2017 4:40:16 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Gee thanks for the explanation dragonrider! I always have a hard time recognizing irony.

tatt wrote:
Or stroke the kitty somemoar

How deplorable!! #PUSSYGRABBING #MEOWTOO

soulfood
#64 Posted : 10/26/2017 5:36:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

pitubo wrote:
soulfood wrote:
.. to put me down because I have a dick... fat bitches Razz

OHNOES!! #DICKPRIDE #FATSHAMING #VIRTUALBITCHSLAPPING

I like fat girls...

ya know?

As long as they like themselves. Not here to take advantage of folks lack of self esteem or nothing.

As for dick pride? Hells yeah! I like my dick and even from feminists I have received nothing but the most positive of feedback.

Maybe I aint as funny as I think I am.

obliguhl
#65 Posted : 10/26/2017 5:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
but I'll tell you this: what I find really problematic is how some people feel that they must be shielded from any remotely offensive thing, and lash out in a rage, threatening to injure or KILL (art) people who disagree with them.

I agree with what you said, but if i remember correctly he just said something like he would knock me out but not kill...

Quote:
He apologised said he was leaving the forum for a while and then the thread was taken away

Hm, i must have missed that...if he's apologized for it, then that shows strength and changes the picture of course.

Quote:
There are nearly 40,000 other members to take into account and i think that pulling certain inflamatory threads is the best way of dealing with them

Perhaps they could be closed, so that important info on members behaviour and conflicts stays public. Like i said i did not know of any apology for instance. Moving the Thread away fropm the public eye looked like a purely political decision to me, as not to damage a moderators reputation.

Quote:
If every member donated 1 euro each the Nexus would be financially sorted for years. Just a bit of food for thought...

Yes,i also find that important and have lobbied for making the nexus self sustainable if i remember correctly. I recognize that accepting sponsorships is problematic though.

Quote:

PS obli, I understand that there may have been some lingering emotions behind your statements about trav earlier in the thread and I wasn't going to respond in order to not derail this thread, but since that is now a moot issue I will say it anyway: claiming that trav only does things wrong is obviously wildy inaccurate.

I'm sorry if i've worded it too strongly. And yes, dissapointment was the motivation behind my words. Of course, the traveler doesn't always make bad decisions. It simply pained me to see him so absent and reacting ....for lack of a better word....stressed out.

As for the feminism debate and whatnot: I think most people want to be respected, but i find it most important to look at the intent first. Super easy to get caught up in minor details. I for one am clearly against the new brand of feminism and what people call SJW Culture - but not because i hate people or minorities or like opression or authotitarianism Smile

Many cases i find purely academic and having them be instrumentalized to antagonize groups of people....well, speaking of TRUE victims.

I won't be getting into a big heated debate here. I would just hope that some people would consider perspectives that seem outrageous. I did, and it changed me. Smile

tango
#66 Posted : 11/1/2017 5:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was never truly OK, and still hate it when people in real life ask this question. The only socially acceptable answer is "doing great!!!!!!!!!", and people will believe you when you give the conventional answer, because it's just so much more convenient to do so: who wants to deal with troubled folks, right ?!

DoingKermit
#67 Posted : 11/1/2017 10:03:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tango wrote:
I was never truly OK, and still hate it when people in real life ask this question. The only socially acceptable answer is "doing great!!!!!!!!!", and people will believe you when you give the conventional answer, because it's just so much more convenient to do so: who wants to deal with troubled folks, right ?!

I have never regretted opening up to people with how I feel. If I am not feeling all that great and express it, then usually people do the same if they aren't feeling top-notch either. If they are feeling good, then that energy can in turn make you feel better.

If the person asking doesn't want to hear it, well, maybe it's not worth talking to them anyways.

jbark
#68 Posted : 11/27/2017 4:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
tatt wrote:
I do miss many of the 2008-2012 members that used to come here, man..there's so many; though I understand that life does it's thing and people move along or come and go, the dance of ye' life.. There's many highly intelligent people that frequent here, some old guard, some new guard, it's all a beautiful thing when ya step back and look at it.

Many of us old timers are still around – just not posting as much. Smile

Ditto. I post once every few months now instead of 10-20 times a day. Busy life...

And regarding moderation - I have been on many forums for all of my varied and various interests, but within a few months of being insulted, belittled and berated by members AND moderators alike - for perfectly polite and respectful conversation and discussion - I have deleted ALL my accounts - i am talking beer brewing, cycling, bike racing, photography, cinema, filmmaking, reading, writing...

Anyone who knows me would likely be shocked by this - forums are, IMHO hotbeds for unregulated and acrimonious dispute.

THIS PLACE IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION I HAVE FOUND.

Cheers,

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

aetherbound
#69 Posted : 11/27/2017 5:06:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aye, I too miss the old crew, I don't post near as much as I should, but like many I still check in almost daily. Much love to everyone old and new!
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

fluidfocus
#70 Posted : 11/28/2017 7:59:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Posting in epic thread. Carry on. Thumbs up

Another
#71 Posted : 12/18/2017 1:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also seen a moderator (not art) bullying and behaving like a spoiled brat. It's a shame really...
Don't believe everything you think.

endlessness
#72 Posted : 12/18/2017 10:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And how does it help that you mention it here?

Why dont you contact the moderator in question and explain why you think he did wrong? Or pm me or another mod about it, because as you know, we are all unique people and might not agree on all things, so having perspective of others might help... Or if you have a reason to go public, then might as well post his nickname or a link to the thread so others can decide for themselves what they think... Or report the post you think is bad, so other mods can see... but such veiled complaints without any further info dont really seem to serve any constructive purpose.

Another
#73 Posted : 12/20/2017 2:33:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it doesn't really, and that wasn't what I wanted to do to be honest. Was reading this thread and the topic was addressed thus I felt somewhat compelled to chime in on that # I too have encountered discussions that made me a bit disappointed in the climate that arouse Neutral
I'm well aware that we're all human after all and sometimes we lose it, and nexus isn't perfect, has never been and will ever be. Nothing is and neither am I. This specific occurrence though that I was referring to, popped back into memory when reading this.
No greater harm intended.

Another
#74 Posted : 12/20/2017 2:42:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But it was all still very sad though Wink

Infundibulum
#75 Posted : 12/20/2017 3:59:41 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Another wrote:
Well it doesn't really, and that wasn't what I wanted to do to be honest.

Honest yes, but elusive. Unhelpful even.

I agree with Endlessness - either contact moderator or call him out or whatever. We all may be imerfect, yet understanding.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Another
#76 Posted : 12/20/2017 5:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not in my nature to report people to other people, I'm a firm believer in each and everybody's personal responsibility. Also I very rarely have much time for any luxuries like surfing the nexus, and even less to report users... nevertheless I recognize that I stepped on sensitive toes and pmd endlessness with the details.
May the force be with you

obliguhl
#77 Posted : 12/20/2017 7:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another wrote:
It's not in my nature to report people to other people, I'm a firm believer in each and everybody's personal responsibility. Also I very rarely have much time for any luxuries like surfing the nexus, and even less to report users... nevertheless I recognize that I stepped on sensitive toes and pmd endlessness with the details.

Are you german? Very happy

downwardsfromzero
#78 Posted : 12/20/2017 8:31:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

obliguhl wrote:
Another wrote:

Are you german? Very happy

Some similarities, some differences and many connections...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Another
#79 Posted : 12/20/2017 9:16:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweden yes yes Big grin

obliguhl
#80 Posted : 12/21/2017 8:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had deleted that post after i saw your location - no idea why it resurfaced. Possibly aone of these foul moderators at play again Big grin

«PREV2345NEXT