We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recrystallisation of goo from acetic -> freebase Options

supposedlylegal
#1 Posted : 11/20/2017 9:51:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Really excited to get started on my next extraction.

I'm comfortable with Cyb's Max Ion tek and want to try something new out. I love the idea of the limo teks and have sourced *almost* everything I need to do the extraction...

However, fumaric acid seems nearly impossible to get a hold of in the UK (shout if I'm way off mark). I understand I can use vinegar to form the ethanoate salt instead. In the BLAB tek, the end product following the 'C' or acetic route appears to be rather inconsistent. One image shows fairly brown solid and another shows goo.

I've recently discovered using my sub ohm vape instead of 'The Machine' as a ROA and think I may run into problems with dissolving goo in the e liquid. For this reason, I'm wondering if anyone has experience performing a re-x using hexane/heptane/(other solvent which doesn't pull plant fats etc.) on this goo product? I'm worried the heat involved in the acetate conversion will leave lots of DMT-N-oxides, which won't be hexane soluble. Just want to make sure I'll be able to smoke it my favorite way Smile.

Thanks as always

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

supposedlylegal
#2 Posted : 11/20/2017 9:56:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

While I've got the chance... Has anyone ever performed a side by side comparison:
1 - DMT pulled using hexane/heptane
2 - Pull using a less selective solvent, e.g. D-limo, and re-x with a DMT selective solvent e.g. hexane/heptane

If it turns out the limo teks aren't going to work out, I want to have some idea whether I should bother going through the extra steps of less selective solvent -> re-x vs a straight hexane pull.

Ulim
#3 Posted : 11/20/2017 11:03:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You cant use the DMT acetate salt in vaporizers. You are basically smoking vinegar with dmt mixed which is terrible and will make you cough and even hurt your lungs.

Just freebase the DMT. Add your goo to water. Add base PH 14. Pull with some solvent. Naptha hexane heptane etc.
Then freeze/evap the solvent for your freebase DMT.

Also i encourage you to use the search function because these question you ask have been awnsered multiple times already.

supposedlylegal
#4 Posted : 11/20/2017 11:09:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know only the freebase form can be smoked. The BLAB tek states DMT-n-oxides are very possible, due to heating. These wouldn't be soluble in hexane. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but I believe I did say in my OP.

Ulim
#5 Posted : 11/21/2017 4:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dmt oxides will form when you smoke but thats inevitable.
Also dmt oxides do not readily form if you keep it out of the air and light and heat.
But heating in solution has no air contact so no dmt oxide forms.

supposedlylegal
#6 Posted : 11/21/2017 11:51:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure you read my question. Sorry to be curt, but I stated I was concerned DMT-n-oxide would be formed during the acetate -> freebase conversion described in the BLAB.

Ulim
#7 Posted : 11/22/2017 9:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

supposedlylegal wrote:
I'm not sure you read my question. Sorry to be curt, but I stated I was concerned DMT-n-oxide would be formed during the acetate -> freebase conversion described in the BLAB.

Im not sure you read my awnser. DMT doesnt oxydise readily.

supposedlylegal
#8 Posted : 11/22/2017 9:52:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BLAB specifically references DMT-n-oxides. Do you think it's overplaying the risk?

der-seemann
#9 Posted : 11/22/2017 11:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I use a Subohm setup too and love it. But also know about the oxid-issue.
Just turn the Oxid back to DMT as stated here:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._N-Oxide_to_Freebase_DMT

DMT-Oxyd Salt > add zinc dust and wait > filter and basify > pull with naphta > freeze pers.
Hope that helps :-)

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 11/23/2017 11:27:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes, the DMT N-oxide thing is completely overstated. The goo is most probably an allotropy effect from recrystallising from a different solvent. You could pull from the dried carbonate paste with naphtha and most probably get nice crystals. Or you could try recrystallising acetone/IPA goo with heptane or some such.

It's probably not worth your while at this point to be messing about with zinc dust.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

supposedlylegal
#11 Posted : 11/24/2017 6:59:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great responses. Thanks very much. I'm having difficulty justifying using clean, foodsafe, solvents then pulling with heptane. I'm starting to lean away from limonene to produce DMT for my vape. I plan on updating later though.

Thanks again Smile