We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Tobacco As Sacrament / Brain-Chemistry Thoughts Options

Ufostrahlen
#21 Posted : 11/8/2016 8:32:19 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Chan wrote:
As the Native Americans apparently said of tobacco, the white men took its body, but not its spirit.

That's why the yellow men smoke da most.

Quote:
China and Eastern and Southern Europe consume the most cigarettes per person. This is not only because of the high smoking prevalence but also high smoking intensity – the large number of cigarettes smoked by average smoker per day.

http://www.tobaccoatlas..../cigarette-use-globally/

Quote:
Tobacco smoking has been associated with at least 17 types of human cancer (Table 1) and claims the lives of more than 6 million people every year (1–4). Tobacco smoke is a complex mixture of chemicals, among which at least 60 are carcinogens (5). Many of these are thought to cause cancer by inducing DNA damage that, if misreplicated, leads to an increased burden of somatic mutations and, hence, an elevated chance of acquiring driver mutations in cancer genes. Such damage often occurs in the form of covalent bonding of metabolically activated reactive species of the carcinogen to DNA bases, termed DNA adducts (6). Tissues directly exposed to tobacco smoke (e.g., lung), as well as some tissues not directly exposed (e.g., bladder), show elevated levels of DNA adducts in smokers and, thus, evidence of exposure to carcinogenic components of tobacco smoke (7, 8).

http://science.sciencema...ontent/354/6312/618.full

Nicotine (the spirit) is garbage imo. Chewed on some nicotine gums lately, completely useless drug. Better spirits: cannabinoids and ketamine in moderation.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PsilocybeChild
#22 Posted : 11/8/2016 11:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That evidence is confusing tobacco smoke with commercial cigarette smoke. This drives me crazy, and the evidence I've compiled in all my posts supports this. The evidence is obvious and overwhelming from my perspective.

599 chemicals added to commercial cigarettes. Arsenic, cyanide, formaldehyde, DDT, etc. When the cigarette burns the chemicals break apart forming over 7,000 mostly toxic/carcinogenic chemicals emitted. 90% of tobacco in the US is genetically modified so they can survive higher levels of pesticides. Since the 40's, they have been fertilizing the tobacco fields in the US with radioactive fertilizers. Because of this, in a years time the average smoker received the equivalent of 250 chest X-rays worth of radiation. Commercial cigarettes only contain 25% non-filler tobacco.

Cigarette manufacturers now put "ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer" (carpet glue) adhesive into the paper of the cigarettes. Smoking glue. The self extinguishing cigarettes produce 13.9% more Naphthalene and 11.4% more carbon monoxide. Naphthalene in quantity, causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, confusion, anemia, jaundice, convulsions and coma."

Nicotine and the beta-carbolines/ tobacco is a medicine. Lowers blood pressure, anti-depressant, anti-tumor, anticholinesterase (AChE) inhibition. (Inhibits of the enzyme that breaks down choline/acetylcholine in the brain. These are naturally occurring endogenous neurotransmitters which increase cognitive function. Increasing cholinergic neurotransmission in various regions of the brain can also result in increases of various catecholamines (dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine) in the post-synaptic space. Acetylcholine esterase inhibitors have been shown to increase REM sleep.

Syrian alkaloids include β-carbolines, such as harmine, harmaline, harmalol, harman, harmalidine, ruine, and tetrahydroharmine, and the quinazoline derivatives vasicine (peganine) and vasicinone. Effects of these, including abortifacient, antibacterial, anti-cholinesterase, antileishmanial (acts against Leishmania parasites), antimicrobial, antinociceptive (reduces sensitivity to painful stimuli), antiplasmodial (counters parasites of the genus Plasmodium), antiprotozoal, antiseptic, antitumor and antiviral. Harmala seeds have been used in traditional medicine as an emmenagogue, analgesic, and anthelmintic (antiparasitic/expels parasitic worms and other internal parasites from the body by either stunning or killing them and without causing significant damage to the host), a galactagogue, and a a remedy for brain or nervous problems, stomach complaints, jaundice, and lumbago. Tobacco which contains β-carbolines, would share a lot of these benefits. Tobacco is known to be effective against parasites. And has been traditionally used as an analgesic by Native Aericans.

Nicotine activates orexin neurons. Nicotine increases both Orexin A and B and ALSO increases orexin receptors. Nicotine and orexin excite the same synapses of the arousal pathway within the prefrontal cortex (thalamocortical). So it increases wakefulness independently by activating the same neural pathways.

Not to mention and look at the shared mystical/metaphysical and highly sacred beliefs of the native cultures regards for the tobacco plant.

If look at this evidence from a logical perspective, it should be obvious that the tobaccco plant is a completely different thing tan commercial tobacco products and these products are poison.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

PsilocybeChild
#23 Posted : 11/9/2016 3:17:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Nicotine (the spirit) is garbage imo.

Tobacco is easily my favorite entheogenic plant. And it's way more important to me than even cannabis. It's quality of being a medicine in similar ways is way underrated/recognized. Love how it synergizes with anything else fantastically. Nicotine patches work very well for improving lucidity of dreaming.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

PsyDuckmonkey
#24 Posted : 11/20/2017 8:55:25 PM

witch

Glad there is a topic like this. I've come to absolutely love tobacco, and finding it was part of finding and accessing my own roots and parts of my psyche. Sure, smoking any kind of plant matter is bad for you, I get it, but come on, doing everything in moderation is the key.

Tobacco gets a horrible rep even in circles that celebrate recreational marijuana use and sometimes abuse. As the "socially accepted drug", it's demonized and is used as a symbol of Babylon power... Nothing could be further from the truth.

Tobacco shouldn't be equated with cigarettes and their cultural context. It's a powerful nootropic, a male health medicine (scientifically proven), and a true sacred plant. Is it unhealthy to inhale burned plant material all the time? Fuck yes. But what kind of sacrament is one that you take every fifteen minutes to an hour? A profanized, desecrated one.

Personally, I chose cigars as the way to take the sacrament for a number of reasons. As you don't inhale most of cigar smoke, it's easier on the lungs. Premium cigars are typically free from additives, and are typically manufactured by smaller companies independent of Big Tobacco players. Western / white cigar culture is and has always been about creating set and setting, and taking tobacco as a celebration - almost a sacrament. And being European, it's the way my own great-grandfathers took it. I could go ape native South Americans with rapé or brews, but I see value in my own ancestors and their forgotten or rejected traditions and wisdoms too.

Tobacco, for me, feels relaxing and reassuring. It's like getting a strong, firm hug from my great-grandfather, that's half "everything will be alright", and half "get your shit together, son"... Weed makes me forget my problems for a moment, tobacco gives me composure to overcome them.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

PREV12