We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
I'm getting bored of breaking through on DMT :'-( please help me! Options

antares
#21 Posted : 11/20/2017 9:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mike3620 wrote:
antares wrote:
I would suggest that a good place to start would be to recognise that the answers to your problems are not going to come from outside but from deep within you. If deep meditation is difficult because of your autism, I would suggest going into complete isolation for a week or two. The kind of isolation where you have nothing but two small meals a day and nothing to see, hear or do and no one two talk to. Sort of like what a Hindu or Buddhist monk would do in a Himalayan cave. After a few hours or days of boredom, you will have nothing to do but look inside your mind and dissect all the issues you are trying to smother.

I think I was hoping that psychedelics were going to get me get deep within myself. I'm too busy because of work and life to go on a long isolation retreat, would Zen sitting help me.

I hope this doesn't come across as being judgemental in any way - it is not meant that way. While your aim in using psychedelics is very reasonable I think it has missed the mark in actual execution. Instead of it uncovering the causes of deep seated discontent with your current predicament, it has become another input of thoughts images and feelings attempting to quell your boredom in the way the same way you have dealt with it in the past.

I think your best chance of success would be to quieten the mind and wait and see what reveals itself. I am sure zen sitting would help if you work hard on quieting your mind during the sessions. Daydreaming and mind wandering might be a challenge.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

the_Architect
#22 Posted : 12/18/2017 4:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Mike,

I can´t really advice you what to do to fight boredom, but I can give you some advice about depression (from my personal experience) and some basic points that are available for everybody:

1_ Healthy food (protein, meat, good fats, fish, salads, no fast food).
2_ Go outside, get fresh air, walk, ride, etc.
3_ Sports: you will be so tired at night that you just fall asleep, no time to think about boredom.
4_ Sun light. Yf you have to stay indoor, try to have a naturally lit setting.
If you live in northern Europe or Canada, people don´t get enough sunlight and become depressed-suicidal. They need to take vitamin D or do sunbed sessions.

These items above I think are available for everybody, it will not solve are your problems, but you will definetly feel better, more prepare to engage life and star looking for other items above the "Maslow pyramid", such as relationships, friends, creative work or hobbies, travel, etc.

Besides, DMT is quite demanding physically, I experience the need to sleep more the days after intense sessions, it can dry you out.
Perhaps you can try other substances as LSD microdosing, It might give you a cheerful feeling and losen your tongue.

About what you said on using drugs to be more social, I think we shouldn´t try to fit in somebody´s elses clothes. I like a few quotes from Slavok Zizek, se says:

"... we live in a society of strictly regulated enjoyment, it´s our duty to be happy and consume. Phycology todays should provide us a space where it is ok not to enjoy ..." (we don´t have to feel guilty about it).

He also says, "...why be happy when you can be interested..."

"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

starway6
#23 Posted : 12/18/2017 5:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the hamster cage of life when you get tired of your exercise wheel of boring day to day exestance one must find something to do with his time..

Find something your interested in and take it as a hobby to fill your daily hours with,,,

Daily exercise workouts like bike riding helps me feel better and use my time wisely...

I also like to record old movies on line and have a hunger for more knowlege and am on line every day..
Alcohol can shrink a brain ..and is a bummer in my opinion... and is leagle because of that...

If you still drink try to stop...

Honestly... i would never get bored with a true dmt breakthrough..

Are you shure what you are experiancing is a true breakthrough?

I think i would be bored with dmt if i never had a breakthrough ...

If i had a breakthrough 4 times a month i would feel blessed....

cheers..

tseuq
#24 Posted : 12/19/2017 6:41:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the_Architect wrote:
He also says, "...why be happy when you can be interested..."

Pleased

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

PREV12