We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trying ayahuasca alone Options

Moods.exe
#1 Posted : 11/19/2017 2:38:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have found an online source for chacruna leaves. Im thinking about combining it with syrian rue and ingesting them.
- I do not know any shamans or experienced people with respect to ayahuasca and this is my first venture with DMT. should i do it?
I seem to take other psychedelics well. But to try ayahuasca alone, im scared.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

concombres
#2 Posted : 11/19/2017 5:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should be fine dosing alone. Start low and work up to larger doses as you become more farmilliar with the effects.

I would reccommend maybe starting with mimosa over chacruna if possible. Mimosa seems to be much more reliable & consistant in my experience. Where as chacruna quality outside of south america seems to be very hit or miss.

Elrik
#3 Posted : 11/19/2017 6:49:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats how I started out alone. I began with a dose I was confident would be very low, then I systematically increased the dose on successive trips. It let me ease into it and it gave me experiences with all the different levels of potency from nearly inactive to very intense. Keeping a journal is helpful.
The standard disclaimer is to tell people to use a sitter, and that may be a nice ideal, but its not mandatory as long as theres no history of self harm or something.
Variable potency is a valid concern. How I've dealt with that in the past is to brew up quite a lot and freeze it. That way I can choose any specific dose out of a batch of fixed potency. Just make sure its well stirred up when partitioning it out, as sediments are more potent.

Moods.exe
#4 Posted : 11/20/2017 2:17:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How much should I dose(chacruna:syrian rue).thanks for the feedback guys. Smile

concombres
#5 Posted : 11/20/2017 5:49:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moods.exe wrote:
How much should I dose(chacruna:syrian rue).thanks for the feedback guys. Smile

Start with 3-4g worth of rue. Make sure to brew it well enough to pull all the actives out. Reduce to a shatglass worth.

The chacruna can be a little trickier. Dosages are all over the place. I tend to work how elrik mentioned above. Brew a 50-100g batch then thaw & measure out a dose from the bottle. As a general rule of thumb 1g/ml is a good concentration & easy to remember. At that concentration i would start with 20-25ml worth of leaf brew.

I advise you filter the brews well to make them more palatable & easier on the stomache.