We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I am drooling... Options

GreatArc
#1 Posted : 11/2/2017 4:04:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all. First post as a new member and I am practically drooling thinking that I now get access to all of your experience, knowledge, past mistakes/corrections, insights, tips, tricks, and critical thinking.

So many questions I don't know where to start, so I suppose I will just thank you in advance for reading this. If you have any guesses or answers about any of my questions, please weigh in on as many or as few as you would like. So glad to be here:

SO....in a nutshell, here is what is going on. I am doing a pretty standard STB Tek using MHRB, with 100% Lye as a base, and 100% Naphtha as my solvent. Had done a disastrous first extraction, and a seemingly very successful second one.

1.) Do there tend to be wide variations in the yields of different MHRB? Fresh/Old? Inner/Outer Bark? Powdered/Shredded?

2.) What is the ideal length of time to leave MHRB in basified water for maximal yield of crystals, but minimizing other alkaloids or fats?

3.) Am I even understanding that correctly? Do DMT crystals come free before other alkaloids and fats in Lye/Water mixture, then the other things? If so, how long does it take for each roughly? Is there a 'sweet spot' in terms of time for this? What is the best time to begin doing pulls where I am getting the most DMT without other alkaloids?

4.) To heat or not to heat basified water before doing pulls? I have heard this increases yield but also plant fats and other alkaloids. Is this right? Is there any harm in not heating if my main objective is quality over quantity and reducing need for defat or washes?

5.) To heat or not to heat Naphtha? This one I kind of know the answer to. My pulls came up dramatically with warm/hot Naphtha. Is 60C hot enough? What temp is ideal?

6.) How long do you roll Naphtha through mixture? I was doing it for much longer initially and getting very clear yellow pulls afterwards. I started to roll for 15min and now am getting very white crystals.

7.) If I get yellow pulls (lots of other alkaloids), is this usually because I am letting MHRB sit in Lye for too long, or because I have let Naphtha roll through mixture too long? Which one is more responsible for 'dirty' draws?

8.) I did a batch experimenting with doing a wash of the solute immediately after pulls with a mix of 100mL Distilled Water with 5g of Sodium Carbonate dissolved in it, shaken, and then removed in a separator funnel. I had very bad yield. Will I typically lose crystals with this step and should I instead try to get impurities out with re-x?

9.) What is the preferred stage you do a wash (if any), and how is this best done?

Thanks in advance for anyone offering advice on any of these questions. I have done several batches augmenting a single step each time to see how it affects the end yield and quality, but also don't want to waste bark experimenting with things which you already learned for yourself.

-Great Arc.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

strtman
#2 Posted : 11/2/2017 6:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use powdered MHRB. All extractions give good and evenly results. MHRB seems to have a constant amount of DMT.

I prepare a sodium hydroxide solution with a 30 degrees Celsius temperature and put the MHRB in it. After thoroughly shaking I leave the vessel for about 15 hours. In fact the whole night as I always start the process in the early evening. Next morning I continue the job.

I donโ€™t know.

A temperature of about 30 degrees Celsius gets the job done.

I do not heat the naphtha. Room temperature is ok.

I roll the naphtha slowly through the sludge for about two minutes. Then I put the vessel upright and after a while the naphtha will float upon the sludge. I repeat this process for ten times. Subsequently the naphtha is pulled out with pipettes and injection syringes.

The vessel is then reloaded with a second shot of naphtha. And again the ten rolls take place. In total the vessel is filled four times with naphtha. So that's forty rolls.

I guess the temperature of the sodium hydroxide solution is responsible. With the temperature I use the naphtha is slightly yellow but when doing the fourth round, the naphtha has become a bot more yellow. But not significant.

I donโ€™t do washing. In the beginning I did re x but my techniques have improved so I skip this now. Apparently this is a right decision as the trip results are the same.

I donโ€™t know.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Ulim
#3 Posted : 11/2/2017 7:17:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1 depends usually its somewhat ok tho.
2 Depends on the source material/naptha. Some people leave it in forever and get white dmt some get black sludge
3 If you do really quick pulls without heating (1 min naptha soak) you will get white dmt because the dmt will want to go to the naptha first.
4 up to you. i dont
5 dont heat the naptha its not safe especially if you work with open flame stovetops
6 shorter = whiter dmt longer = more dmt. Either you do few long pulls or many short ones.
7 both but the naptha sitting longer is more important
8 dont wash do reX
9 collect all dmt at the end and reX

Nearly all these questions were asked multiple times and awnsered in depth already.
Most of these questions are also already responed to in the teks themselves.

Just use a tek like the one where the reX is at the end and you will be fine.
Also its nearly impossible to have bad yield unless you actively destroy the DMT through burning it in solution. The bad yield usually comes from bad tek following and the dmt staying in the naptha due to bad freezer way to much naptha usage.
Just do moar pulls with less naptha till no more dmt comes out.

Also read the forum more. All these questions are simply waaay overresponded. Use the search function or simply use google for your question and add DMT nexus to find dmt nexus results.

GreatArc
#4 Posted : 11/3/2017 5:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice so far.

Btw, Naphtha heating is taking place in an outdoor area away from any remotely possible ignition source. Added to which, it is solely done by adding kettles of hot water to a heat bath, with sealed containers which have a bleed valve and silicone seal that opens if any appreciable pressure is reached. None of my bottles have ever reached enough pressure to even lift the silicone seal to vent vapours, much less explode. I am taking several redundant safety steps at every stage. But yes, nothing to mess around with unnecessarily, and always worth reminding one another of.

bongo264
#5 Posted : 11/19/2017 7:59:57 PM

Lost puppy

I usually heat my Naptha in a hot tap water bath and this seems to extract a bit more never on a powered heat source.

On another note I was just given some MHRB (only ever got ACRB before) and right after basification I could smell the DMT or rather that wonderful flower like scent (Not sure if perfectly pure DMT has such a fragrance). Cant wait to see what happens next.