We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NR2A-Containing NMDARs in the PFC Are Required for Working Memory Associated with cognitive decline Options

Godsmacker
#1 Posted : 11/15/2017 12:38:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the full text which a colleague of mine wrote; I hope the community finds it to be of interest
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 11/15/2017 6:55:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

please, give a tl;dr

and: are we able to hack the process somehow? i'd really be interested in improving my dual n back score Pleased

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 11/15/2017 8:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Authors wrote:
Working memory,the abilityto hold information “in mind,” requires persistent activity of pyramidal neurons in prefrontal cortex
(PFC) mediated by NMDA receptor (NMDAR) activation. NMDAR loss in PFC may account for working memory impairments in
aging and psychiatric disease. Our studies demonstratethat NMDARs containingthe NR2A subunit, but notthe NR2B subunit, are
required for working memory and that loss of NR2A predicts severity of age-related working memory impairment. The importance
of NR2A to working memory is likely due its abundant contribution to pyramidal neuron activity and location at synaptic
sites in PFC. This information is useful in designing new therapies to treat working memory impairments by enhancing the
function of NR2A-containing NMDARs.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka