We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Balloon - DIY DMT Vaporiser Options

mountain-spirit
#1 Posted : 11/12/2017 11:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Balloon

- What's this?
The best DMT vaporisation apparatus I've ever used. Bye bye to harsh smoke, hot vapour, and to wasting the spice. Welcome to 20mg breakthroughs, vapour you don't even feel you're breathing in, and to the best use experience!

The biggest advantage for me is that you do all the vaporisation and messing with high temperature equipment way before you actually starting toking, which eliminates the danger of handling flame or glass pieces. All you'll be handling while toking is a plastic bag.

- How does it work?
100% full convection! Hot air enters the chamber and vaporises the spice.

- How can I make one?
Parts:
- Arizer Cyclone Bowl
- Arizer Balloon Kit
- Hot air gun or rework station. I used the classic 858D clone. Anything with adjustable temp and airflow should work.
- Duct tape or Arizer All-Glass Miniwhip

Assembly:
1 - Attach the balloons to the glass tubes that came with them. Use this video as guidance.
2 - Attach Cyclone Bowl to the balloons either by padding the glass tube with duct tape or by using the Miniwhip.
3 - Add a few layers of duct tape to the location where you'll be holding the Cyclone Bowl. You decide where it is.

- How do I use it?
1 - Fill the Cyclone Bowl with about 6-8mm ( ~1/4" ) layer of inert herbs. Tobacco replacement herbs used for rolling joints work best. Take your pick.
2 - Orient the whole assembly vertically and sprinkle DMT on top of the herb layer.
3 - Turn the heat gun on and set the temperature to 180 C (356 F) * and the flow to lowest.
4 - Point the heat gun from above inside the Cyclone Bowl and let it fill the bag for about a minute. The bag doesn't need to be fully inflated. The hot air will melt the DMT in the herbs and then vaporise it and push it into the bag.
5- Turn off the heat gun.
6- Detach the Cyclone Bowl from the bag's assembly.
7- Make sure everything is safe and plugged out.
8- Now take your bag and go to your preferred location and start toking. You'll be surprised how easy it is to hold it all in.

- FAQ
- Q: How much did it all cost?
- A: $80.

- Q: I have GVG and I'm happy with it. Why do I need this?
- A: You don't. Use whatever you're happy with Smile

- Q: Isn't 180 C degrees a bit too hot?
- A: I'm not really sure. It vaporised very well for me with absolutely no nasty burn taste. I'll be trying with lower temperatures and I'll adjust the info in this post accordingly. Update: I made a few other more tests. 180-185 seems to be the sweet spot for a good balance. Anything lower fills the balloon with low potency air. Anything higher is producing harsher vapour.

- Q: Okay okay. It's neat and all.. but is it really worth it?
- A: To me, absolutely! The ease of holding it in, utilising the full product, and the safety while toking.. all made it absolutely worth it for me.

- More pics
- Higher quality full assembly
- Close up
<3

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

steppa
#2 Posted : 11/13/2017 2:29:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For 45$ you'll get a nice e-cig starter kit. Complete. Portable. Just sayin'...
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

starway6
#3 Posted : 11/13/2017 4:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not bad..if it vaporizes acuratley! Thumbs up

I would choose this anytime over the 600 dollar volcano!

so you say you have tryed dmt in it and it works well?

I wonder if this 480 max degree air gun is high enough to vape cappi leaf ????

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/13/2017 5:16:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

steppa wrote:

You can't do soldering/desoldering with an e-cig... can you?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

mountain-spirit
#5 Posted : 11/13/2017 5:21:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:

I've used Divine Crossing v3 atomiser with an e-cig battery. Total cost was similar to what you described, but the vapour quality was nowhere near using the balloons. The quality and ease of vapour on my lungs is miles ahead.

starway6 wrote:
so you say you have tryed dmt in it and it works well?

I wonder if this 480 max degree air gun is high enough to vape cappi leaf ????

Yes I have Very happy Absolutely marvellous results! I've had 2 20-30mg breakthroughs with it so far. I'm extremely happy with it. I've even doubled up on the Cyclone Bowls and got two of them; one for DMT and one for cannabis.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well this would work for cappi leaves. I haven't tried it.

As for comparing to the Volcano, I think the Volcano is superior in terms of safety and convenience. But this method is much better in terms of costs.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You can't do soldering/desoldering with an e-cig... can you?

That's a good point Laughing
But on a serious note, for me this worked so well because I had the heat gun station on my desk anyway for SMC soldering work. I only ever used it once or twice every few months, so this was a very good way to create a new purpose for it.
<3

starway6
#6 Posted : 11/13/2017 7:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found this older post claiming that a volcano easily vaped 250mgs caapi leaf and felt the effects of the leaf before vaping the dmt...

if this info below is accurate its good news!.. because caapi or rue can extend mellow out and color the dmt experiance very well..

Ive messed with the E cig vapes and the battery powered mods and its still too easy to burn the material ...and air flow is restricted as usual..and the taste of ...[pg vg].. i dont care for .....

but if this heat gun priced reasonably works well for mild dense vapor it sounds promising!

How long did it take to ship?

jiva
Posted : 1/22/2017 1:29:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeserday i vaped about 250mg of caapi leaves in my vulcano at just above 214°C
i filled up 2 medium sized balloons
the effect started to kick in about 5 minutes later. from there on the onset was very pleasant and steep.

vaped 40mg of spice 10-15minutes later.
what would have been normally 10-15 minutes until i am back to base line ended up taking almost 50 min

so i would say it worked really well, especially considering that i only filled 2 balloons, i am not shure how much more would have been in the caapi leaf and

TGO
#7 Posted : 11/14/2017 1:01:58 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Excellent device, mountain-spirit!

This is something I will definitely be considering! Once I get some free time, this will be a worthwhile project to undertake! Thanks for the clear and concise write up!

Love
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

some one
#8 Posted : 6/14/2018 11:53:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting idea.

Can you inhale the entire balloon and finish everything in one hit?

Why not make Enhanced Leaf by melting 1:1 DMT on herbs instead? I guess you could use the heat from the airgun to melt it in.

Is the Cyclone Bowl turned the other way around on your picture?

Doesn't the DMT condensate inside the balloon?
some = one | here = some | there = one

FiniteFox
#9 Posted : 7/1/2018 3:21:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A little bit of grave digging, but I've just made one of these, but I didn't buy the mini whip. Instead, I used the top 2 inches of plastic from one of the bags, wrapping it around the mouth piece instead of using duct tape to seal the bag/stem to the other, larger glass fitting.

Gave it a go last night, after checking the temp of the air blowing out from the gun (it was fairly accurate, but fluctuated). Ended up burning the hell out of the dmt and cannabis - it wasn't breathable for me.

Next time I'll see if I can get a glass spacer between the chamber and the gun, so I can control the flow/heat better. I may even use a silicon dioxide (aka stone from a gvg or flavor disc) piece to regulate the heat. I think the gun is way to close to the DMT, or maybe I need to turn the heat way down and slowly work up to the right heat.

Quote:
Interesting idea.
1.Can you inhale the entire balloon and finish everything in one hit?
2.Why not make Enhanced Leaf by melting 1:1 DMT on herbs instead? I guess you could use the heat from the airgun to melt it in.
3.Is the Cyclone Bowl turned the other way around on your picture?
4.Doesn't the DMT condensate inside the balloon?

1. Yes, DMT vapes really fast at the right temp, and you'll fill up the bag like 1/4 of the way.
2. Totally could.
3. Not sure.
4. I don't think so.

some one
#10 Posted : 7/2/2018 3:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What temp did you use?

Aum_Shanti
#11 Posted : 7/2/2018 4:01:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
1. Yes, DMT vapes really fast at the right temp, and you'll fill up the bag like 1/4 of the way.

Just mind for designing, that the usual breathing volume is about 3-4 litres. And you have to be able to breath in some clean air at the end.

Quote:
4. I don't think so.

According to my experiences, it certainly does partially. But if you don't wait forever, it is probably neglectable.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#12 Posted : 7/3/2018 12:03:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Just mind for designing, that the usual breathing volume is about 3-4 litres. And you have to be able to breath in some clean air at the end.

Find out exactly how many seconds it takes to fill your lungs. Fill the bag with hot air only (no DMT) for 40 seconds. Breath in. Can't get all in? Try again with 30 seconds. Got air left? Try again with 50 seconds. Experiment until l you find the exact time it takes to fill up your lungs. Everyone is different, so one may need 35 seconds, someone else 55 seconds. Use the lowest air flow setting as the OP mentions.

Ones you got the lung capacity right, experiment with temperature. Start with 180 - 185 deg C as mentioned in the OP. For an effective one hit evaporation you want to go as high as you can without burning (harsh taste). Make sure you are getting everything in one hit. So, take one hit. Sit the experience out. Wait 30 minutes. Take another hit of the same stuff left. Feel effects? Then you didn't get in everything in one hit. You might need 2 hits, or increase the temp.

Note: I wouldn't use Changa as the Harmala's need a higher temp and may block the DMT inside from evaporating properly. I'd make Enhanced Leaf by melting DMT into shredded Caapi leafs. Use the heat gun to melt to DMT in. Be careful not to vape it prematurely. If you use other herbs, you can preheat them in the device without DMT to evap their contents. To get minimal smoke and/or harsh taste (only DMT will evap).

Another option might be to cut a volcano pad to size. Place inside the device with premelted freebase, same principle as a GVG, but with controlled temp and constant airflow for one hit balloon wonders. Who knows. Makes me think, could you use an airgun like this to heat a GVG instead of a lighter?

As always, please don't forget to post results.

Aum_Shanti
#13 Posted : 7/3/2018 2:37:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Another option might be to cut a volcano pad to size. Place inside the device with premelted freebase, same principle as a GVG, but with controlled temp and constant airflow for one hit balloon wonders.

That's basically exactly the setup I have tried once (with my SMD rework station at about 180-190C AFAIR). But my problem was, that I quite strongly burned my airways, when I then inhaled the balloon (needed to go later to the hospital...). It seems the vapor didn't really cool down by much...

So as an advice: Please make sure the air has reached a decent temp level before inhaling, or use a cooling device (e.g. metal tube) when inhaling.

BTW: I did not use the volcano valve (why should I buy it, if I can also use it without it). I could guess the valve serves also as a cooling device when inhaling. Also the valve probably limits a bit (don't know, only a guess) how quick you can draw (making it less likely to burn your airways). With the setup I used, you could empty the ballon basically in 1 sec.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#14 Posted : 7/8/2018 11:38:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hospital? Wow. Good thing you mentioned this as a word of warning.

Looking back, makes sense if you inhaled a full high temp balloon in 1-2 seconds. OP doesn't mention anything about lung burning hot air at 180-185 deg C. Maybe you used a much higher temp, or higher air flow rate, or the metal mesh get the air hotter vs using herbs, though in theory it shouldn't as the heat source is constant. If the air is too hot, using a cooling device would be interesting, like connecting this setup to a small water bong type of thing in the middle.

Anyway, hopefully one more person is willing to give this method a try with enhanced leave /metal mesh and make it work so we got 2 good reports. But, be careful not to burn your lungs.

zikzak
#15 Posted : 8/27/2018 3:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad that I read your warning Aum_Shanti..
I just bought a temp controlled heat gun which I'll play with a little in combination with a Health Stone..
https://www.aliexpress.c...42311.0.0.33b14c4dahrfs5

PsyDuckmonkey
#16 Posted : 11/12/2018 1:11:12 PM

witch

Something to note about these Chinese rework stations... They are awesome in terms of value, but that doesn't change that they are cheap af. for what they do, and that comes with some drawbacks.

Most notable drawback, they tend to come uncalibrated from the factory, and also, they significantly overshoot the temperature set on startup. Say you start it set to 180C, it may first overshoot to 360C, then slowly over 10-20 seconds, climb down to the value you want.

Now this tends to be less of an issue when soldering, as by the time you direct it to a component, the temperature will have normalized. However, if you turn it on with the whole thing assembled, expect your drugs to burn. Sad Turn it on, let it blow for a while, then attach it.

As for the calibration, there was a Russian guy on Youtube who showed how to calibrate it. There's a trimmer pot on the mainboard of these things. You place your multimeter's temperature probe in front of the nozzle, set a common temperature you'll want to use, and then trim it until you see the target value actually coming out of the nozzle.

(Nb. as you can see, these rework stations can double as vaporizers, but it's not quite recommended to buy them for that specific purpose.)
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

some one
#17 Posted : 11/7/2019 11:59:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried this device with the same air gun OP mentioned.

It didn't work well with Changa. Weak effects, like the Changa's inner DMT didn't get vaped. But it did work with freebase.

Preparation:
- decreased air bag (balloon) volume by rolling both edges up a bit and connecting to the Balloon Kit
- after 45 seconds at speed 4, bag is filled 100%, more air cant be inhaled in on inhalation
- created a holder for the hot air gun, making it blow upwards
- spliced one of the air guns steel tops open in 5 parts (the biggest one), bending it apart
- the Cyclone Bowl fits nicely over the opened air gun top
- placed the round screen mesh under the Arizer Cyclone Bowl mid point glass narrowing instead of on top
- used the screen not a pad, a pad will heat the air too much and burn your lungs
- left around 5mm gap between the screen and the glass opening.

Blasting:
- loaded DMT on the screen from the top of the Arizer Cyclone Bowl
- scraped any powder which landed on the glass edge onto the screen below and spread it out
- set the temp to 220 C (not calibrated) and waited a minute to stabilize temp, air speed 4
- fully deflated all air from the balloon and kept balloon opening shut by hand so no air went in
- connected deflated balloon to the mini whip which was connected to the Cyclone Bowl
- slowly lowered Cyclone Bowl with everything attached onto the air gun top
- set timer and let DMT enter balloon for 40 seconds
- inhaled balloon

Effect:
It works. Really easy to use. Air is not hot to inhale. One balloon inflated to lung volume gets all in. Just inhale. That's it. No learning curve, no needing to inhale at a certain speed, no needing to inhale multiple times.

Effects were a bit weaker than expected from 35mg. But this could be due to me pre-heating the screen by blowing into the Cyclone Bowl from below while holding the balloon closed. This could have made some DMT vape prematurely and escape out from the bottom between the air gun top and the cyclone bowl which were held apart a bit to pre-heat the screen. In retrospect this was not needed. Just slowly lower the cyclone bowl onto the air gun without holding the balloon closed at this point.

Enjoy.

PS. Instead of using a soldering air gun you could also buy a full Arizer vape such as:
https://www.vapor.com/pr...arizer-v-tower-vaporizer
https://www.vapor.com/products/extreme-q-vaporizer