We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Acacia in the Bible Options

Running Bear
#81 Posted : 11/10/2017 6:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Running Bear wrote:
tatt wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Indicunt wrote:
A lot of people have theorized that the "burning bush" spoken about in Exodus was a DMT containing plant. It's an interesting theory, and one that I'm not sure has much evidence beyond the fact that the account kind of sounds like what happens during a DMT trip, but it's possible nonetheless.
As for the percentage of DMT in certain plants, that's something you can easily google. We usually expect people to do their own research before posting on the nexus - so in the future, make sure you do a google search or browse the nexus a little before asking a question.
But, to answer that question, about .5 to 1.5 percent Smile

I've done many extracttons with plants including acacia confusa. There are many species of acacia and they all have different alkaloid profiles genius. No one knows what species of acacia it was in the bible so I wanted to hear other people's theories. You literally just became a full member and you're already playing babysitter, what's that say about you? I just love how you say we as if you've been a member for the past 10 years Laughing . I seriously wonder about people.

Calling someone 'genius' in snide remarks, and then personally attacking by referring to someone as 'babysitter', when indicunt offered his/her opinions/explanation, then further attacking his/her credibility because he/she's a new member?

Like I said brother, you're better than this. Stirring the pot like this in threads through blatant personal attack isn't what this website is about.

And I'm just coming at a place of concern for you, because these remarks are divisive and rude. These members are offering their opinions and thoughts, without the need to use direct personal attacks, yet it seems that you're unable to reply to their comments without getting hot-headed?

Be well <3

I personally talked to someone on chat that knows Indicunt in real life that said some disturbing things about him. If you was on chat that day you would feel differently. The next time you log on chat ask about him. Im not going to say who it was.

Running Bear, this is irrelevant and is just inciting more drama, this is not the point of this discussion, and you continue to do this despite what was said to you, do you see what I'm saying?

What someone over an internet tells you, especially if you don't know this person that well [personally], this is only personal assumption. this need not be in this thread. Let's continue the discussion that was the purpose of this OP, no?

Be well

What he said was freaking stupid tatt! It had nothing to do with him being a new member lol. I should have been nicer though.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Running Bear
#82 Posted : 11/10/2017 6:28:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
tatt wrote:
Running Bear wrote:
tatt wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Indicunt wrote:
A lot of people have theorized that the "burning bush" spoken about in Exodus was a DMT containing plant. It's an interesting theory, and one that I'm not sure has much evidence beyond the fact that the account kind of sounds like what happens during a DMT trip, but it's possible nonetheless.
As for the percentage of DMT in certain plants, that's something you can easily google. We usually expect people to do their own research before posting on the nexus - so in the future, make sure you do a google search or browse the nexus a little before asking a question.
But, to answer that question, about .5 to 1.5 percent Smile

I've done many extracttons with plants including acacia confusa. There are many species of acacia and they all have different alkaloid profiles genius. No one knows what species of acacia it was in the bible so I wanted to hear other people's theories. You literally just became a full member and you're already playing babysitter, what's that say about you? I just love how you say we as if you've been a member for the past 10 years Laughing . I seriously wonder about people.

Calling someone 'genius' in snide remarks, and then personally attacking by referring to someone as 'babysitter', when indicunt offered his/her opinions/explanation, then further attacking his/her credibility because he/she's a new member?

Like I said brother, you're better than this. Stirring the pot like this in threads through blatant personal attack isn't what this website is about.

And I'm just coming at a place of concern for you, because these remarks are divisive and rude. These members are offering their opinions and thoughts, without the need to use direct personal attacks, yet it seems that you're unable to reply to their comments without getting hot-headed?

Be well <3

I personally talked to someone on chat that knows Indicunt in real life that said some disturbing things about him. If you was on chat that day you would feel differently. The next time you log on chat ask about him. Im not going to say who it was.

Running Bear, this is irrelevant and is just inciting more drama, this is not the point of this discussion, and you continue to do this despite what was said to you, do you see what I'm saying?

What someone over an internet tells you, especially if you don't know this person that well [personally], this is only personal assumption. this need not be in this thread. Let's continue the discussion that was the purpose of this OP, no?

Be well

What he said was freaking stupid tatt! It had nothing to do with him being a new member lol. I should have been nicer though.

He's seen full members talk like that so he thinks he needs to do it to gain respect.. Why he wants your respect is beyond me. Tatt do you honestly expect me not to reply to your message? I don't care if a million of you are against me. I think pitubo is a troll and i think Inducings message was ridiculous. Sorry

ijahdan
#83 Posted : 11/11/2017 12:28:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny how this thread's descended into juvenile bickering. It's actually an interesting question, about the possibility of psychedelics being fundamental to the origins of three major religions. Not much hard evidence, true, but still, the opportunities were there for sure. No doubt about the use of ayahuasca, mushrooms, peyote, morning glory, yopo etc in the Americas, from antiquity right up till the present day, but, although similar plants were certainly abundant in Europe and the Middle East, not much solid historical evidence of their usage. Why did 'witches' in Europe use mandrake, deadly nightshade etc when safer and more pleasant alternatives such as our native psilocybes were available? Ive read a lot here about acacias in Australia, but not much about more local varieties. Probably we've only scratched the surface. The history of psychedelics has been suppressed for a long time.

I have a busy life in the 'real' world, and dont have time to do this kind of research myself, but Im grateful that some people do, and report their findings on forums such as this. If they were all out partying and having a wild social life, the dmt nexus would be seriously lacking in content. So, yeah, respect to those people who take the time to dig out interesting articles, scientific papers and such like for our reading pleasure.

Jees
#84 Posted : 11/11/2017 11:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BecometheOther wrote:
ready to accept that possiblility jees? its common knowledge that the two share the same region, this much is known to be true via available scientific botanical knowledge!?!?!?!
You have me squared so hard I feel cubic today Pleased
Anyway, if you have utter interesting links (outside typical wikipedia etc) that you consider especially worthwhile in this matter, please share them, it's much appreciated.
Thumbs up

ijahdan wrote:
... So, yeah, respect to those people who take the time to dig out interesting articles, scientific papers and such like for our reading pleasure.
Well said, sharing of knowledge is very noble.

Godsmacker
#85 Posted : 11/11/2017 1:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow... I miss 5 days on the Nexus and this is what happens to this discussion?!!?

Why & how did this thread transition from an open-minded discussion/speculation upon a whimsical topic riddled with illusory correlations into a sea of circle-jerking logical fallacies, rants, and generally sophomoric shtick?

Just wondering,
-God

Just to re-iterate: READ THIS
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

dragonrider
#86 Posted : 11/11/2017 8:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
I don't think that the kind of guy who is prepared to carve his son up because he heard a voice telling him to should be taking DMT.

That's maybe because you've never met his son.

cyb
#87 Posted : 11/11/2017 9:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Aaand...We're done...

Disappointed!...Topic Locked.

btw...None of you were there!...
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

«PREV345