We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Result of 700 ml naphta evaporate Options

DimitriNL
#1 Posted : 11/7/2017 8:38:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Somehow i got the idea my naphta was losing its powers. I have used it to do pulls on about 4 kgs of mhrb in the last 3 months. After a 24 hour freeze no crystals would appear at -31 degrees. First i did a methanol pull; this resulted in 0.8 grams of pretty clean crystals after a night under a small fan.

The leftover naphta (about 700 ml) was still very yellow which to me implied it could also still be containing DMT. It took 48 hours to fully evaporate under a big fan. It resulted in pretty big crystals covered in a lot of red buttery goo. (Tannines and...?)

Should i do a good rinse before using this for changa? Or is this usable this way? Besides the tannines, what is in the buttery goo?
DimitriNL attached the following image(s):
IMG_20171104_095002.jpg (5,183kb) downloaded 110 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 11/7/2017 12:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would re-x, personally.

Anyone else with this issue may want to pull from the naphtha with acid, then base and pull from that.

Will save having to evaporate so much naphtha.
D × V × F > R

null24
#3 Posted : 11/7/2017 1:26:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

d*l*b wrote:
I would re-x, personally.

Anyone else with this issue may want to pull from the naphtha with acid, then baand pull from that.

Will save having to evaporate so much naphtha.

What I took from op is that they had used this nps many times in extractions, recycling it (therfore far less wasteful than I) and thought it may have somehow lost its power,but it may have just been saturated with plant fats, spice or other goodies from their previous extractions.

To respond to op, to the best of my limited knowledge, the coloration and wax is indeed plant fats, not tannins, and some polymorphic spice. My acrb extracts almost always look like that but I have no experience with mh.

Can't really give advice on re-x or whether to use or not, but it looks line a yummy but if full spectrum wax to me...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Gowpen
#4 Posted : 11/10/2017 2:28:23 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Hello Smile Do you want to vaporize DMT ?, or plant fats with unidentified organic variables ?.
re-x IMHO and discard the orange goo.

However, I have heard or full spectrum yellow spice, indeed I have made some (although far less orange than yours). From one small batch I made 3 different grades. yellowish, whiteish and crystal. I have no idea if there was/is any difference as it was so strong, and I got me one of those GVG's. One small branch will last me a lifetime.
The crystal is so easy to inhale with no harshness at all, smooth as ! The yellow made me cough .... and looked oily or waxy.

Happy travels.
Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

EntreNous
#5 Posted : 11/10/2017 4:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks quite a bit like what I get from hot naptha pulls. I personally prefer this type of "full spectrum goo" to white crystalline DMT for making changa. Frankly, I covet your goo, I'm sure there's a bit of plant fat there but probably not as much as the cannabis I make my changa from.

TBH I don't think the coloration is due to tannins. Your crystals look exactly like what T. McKenna described as "orange mothballs" which was apparently the most common form of DMT produced at the time by the "home extractor". I'm getting a bit out of my depth here and realize I'm presenting personal experience and hearsay.

In any case, a quick re-x will settle the issue but for me your orange goo is the endgame. Maybe just make a bit of changa with it before commiting to re-x?

Have fun with it!
Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. -Flaubert-

till next time , ahskě:nę hę ( Peace)