We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have you drank ayahuasca? Volunteer interview participants needed for an ethically-approved study Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 10/23/2017 3:15:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Have you drank ayahuasca? - (On behalf of a friend)...I am supervising a research project on "Life, belief and personality changes following the use of ayahuasca" and we are looking for volunteers.

Are you over 18 years of age and have taken part in an ayahuasca ceremony, and have your views been altered by your experience?

We are looking for participants to interview for an ethically-approved study.

If you can spare 45 minutes or so for an interview (by Skype or in person), and want more information, please email: rh6982d@greenwich.ac.uk - with the heading 'ayahuasca study' - Thank you!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 10/24/2017 4:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've drank ayahuasca plenty of times, but had a different aproach to it. Not ceremonial, and cooked my own. Am I still classified for the interview? I do possess the experience just not the tradition.

Jagube
#3 Posted : 10/24/2017 1:32:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps more people would participate if they didn't have to send an email with the word "ayahuasca" in it? How about "a. study"?

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 10/24/2017 3:32:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I don't have Skype and I'm not in the UK... If I do go to the UK I'd rather not have to go to London.

It might be worth setting up a protonmail account if you're worried about the ayahuasca heading. EDIT: Sorry, I've looked into this and it wouldn't make any difference!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jagube
#5 Posted : 10/24/2017 3:41:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
I've drank ayahuasca plenty of times, but had a different aproach to it. Not ceremonial, and cooked my own. Am I still classified for the interview? I do possess the experience just not the tradition.

Not to speak for the researchers, but I'm guessing that's not a problem. There is no single tradition anyway. If the aim was to study the effects in the context of a particular tradition (as was the case in the UdV study in Brazil), they'd mention it.

When you drink solo, it's still a ceremony, no matter how simple or how elaborate your ritual is.

Loveall
#6 Posted : 10/25/2017 12:48:41 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Is there anymore info on the project (scope, goals, personnel, etc)? Is it from the same researches involved in this?

http://www2.gre.ac.uk/re...-on-through-at-greenwich

Is there a project website or other documentation?

Thanks!

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚