We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Something strange happened, not sure what to make of it. Options

β—‹
#1 Posted : 10/21/2017 10:01:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

So I was always interested in how song, memory and the dmt experience are tied together. There were several times months/years later after a few harrowing experience to where I could vividly remember portions of a couple of the experiences. Always thought that was interesting in itself, but nothing ever progressed from it, so I kind've chucked that whole thing aside, not putting much more energy into it.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, sun setting, sunny day and blue sky, I was sitting outside reading -Mystery School In Hyperspace- by Graham St. John, actually rereading a few sections more carefully because of interest. I had stumbled on a particular passage describing this one individuals dmt experience, I then started reading it. When reading things like this, especially if they hit home, I would always get that feeling, that unmistakable familiarity and transcedental feeling, something made presence in the air, waiting; but that's where it would usually stop. As I was reading this passage I began to really read it aloud, in my mind, with as much passion and interest as I've always had, putting real emotion into it, sort've like one would do when acting in a role in a play or skit. Doing this, those same memories I'd mentioned of my past dmt experiences - they started taking shape as they've done before.

The passage reads:
Mystery School in Hyperspace wrote:
The vaults seemed to zoom explosively outward then and the gallery expanded ad infinitum into a gargantuan, labyrinthine, almost interstellar space, and through every vault poured the miraculous and zany imps who make the tryptamine hyperdimension their home. The tentacles of lapiz lazuli gathered these capricious, multi-colored enigmas in towards the center, and became the architechtonic scaffolding of their new multi-dimensional reality, a world which I found myself dab smack in the middle of. It was like a liquid mind ecology of staggering and alien complexity, the mind as it crosses over into quantum warpdrive and migrates even further out into the oceanic beyond. At this point the glorious geometries transcended what is even vaguely feasible in this 3-dimensional mundane world, constantly conscrescing into new and variegated permutations, exfoliating out of themselves what might be called hyperspherologies of the divine, and to look anywhere was to be shot clean through with scintillating amazement. Crowding and cramming themselves into my field of vision were thousands upon thousands of beings of every imaginable sort and many that were completely unimaginable.

[Will preface by saying I had taken a couple rips from some cannabis prior to picking up this book to read]

About half way through reading this passage I started getting those same feelings I mentioned above, this time though they went quite a ways further. I'm going to do my best here to articulate this - as I was reading, looking at the air between the lines, the 'empty' space between the lines, the empty space hovering above my rested hands as I held the book open, this empty space started to melt ever slightly, and in that melting the hyper-colored realm that begins to shift in and out of visual perception, started to form between the lines, these same twisting, circular motions that are akin to the very beginnings of all my dmt experiences. My body started losing its weight, I started freaking out slightly, being completely side-swiped by what was happening. Within seconds from this point I looked to my hands, looking at the empty air-space above my right hand holding the book open, the impossible geometries, retaining those vibrant backlit hyper-pastel colors - began taking form on my hands, looking up at the sunset - things began to parse into a multitude of color [same as the color enveloping the empty spacing around me], not going too far there, more or less staying within a handful of observable color ranges. Looking around, everything began to take on that ethereal, trickster, jokes on you vibe along with the trembling of all observable barriers, felt as if at any moment things could've gotten much, much deeper.

I'm still in shock, disbelief. It felt as if the emotion, the cannabis, the memories, the act of reading line after line within my mind - all these things together were potent ingredients in the making of this. This experience changes people, obviously, but to the degree at which it's able to change a person ..the waters for me there are murky, lines blur, I'm unsure of how far this could've went. Anyways thanks for reading, it's early as I tried to get this out quickly. Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

roninsina
#2 Posted : 10/21/2017 1:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey tattSmile

Just to venture my opinion here. You have probably set some fairly deep neural pathways with frequent DMT usage. Things you associate with aspects of a state on a fundamental level, can bring you into that state. A more mundane example would be thinking of an old lover from out of your past and consequently becoming aroused, even though in your physical surroundings it may be quite inappropriate.

I imagine you could have been carried further into the state, had you allowed it. I'd also imagine a small dose of mj and the passage you were reading, were not the only triggers. You probably haven't built any neural pathways associated with the state that involve driving a car, or being at work, or shopping for groceries fwiw.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

β—‹
#3 Posted : 10/21/2017 2:16:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

roninsina wrote:
Hey tattSmile

Just to venture my opinion here. You have probably set some fairly deep neural pathways with frequent DMT usage. Things you associate with aspects of a state on a fundamental level, can bring you into that state. A more mundane example would be thinking of an old lover from out of your past and consequently becoming aroused, even though in your physical surroundings it may be quite inappropriate.

I imagine you could have been carried further into the state, had you allowed it. I'd also imagine a small dose of mj and the passage you were reading, were not the only triggers. You probably haven't built any neural pathways associated with the state that involve driving a car, or being at work, or shopping for groceries fwiw.

Hey roninsina, thanks for the input Smile

I could have very well set certain pathways into full swing, very possible, just wonder if that happens to be the case - then how long would something like that stay switched over? I wonder. I use dmt and changa pretty rarely, in the last 8 years, aside from the first year of use, I would say from after that first year on out - I might have smoked dmt/changa 'maybe' 3-4 times per year or less. Though I should mention that those experiences, while infrequent, they were extremely powerful, I try to make sure of this as best as I'm able to.

And regarding being carried farther into the state - I totally agree, I think if I would've absorbed my attention/focus on what was happening, instead of sort've having 'partial attention' in that circumstance - I think it would've developed very very quickly. It honestly was very unnerving and I was taken aback by it. It was undoubtedly spit-for-spat in the realm of 10mg freebase - it was spot on to that.

Also that line - between this reality and that reality; I think attention and the amount of absorption has a big effect on that line - on how thin it becomes, until things start happening. Honestly I have no clue lol, these are just ideas, they could be wrong. But that's how it feels to me more or less. Cheers

roninsina
#4 Posted : 10/21/2017 4:08:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Hey roninsina, thanks for the input Smile

I could have very well set certain pathways into full swing, very possible, just wonder if that happens to be the case - then how long would something like that stay switched over? I wonder. I use dmt and changa pretty rarely, in the last 8 years, aside from the first year of use, I would say from after that first year on out - I might have smoked dmt/changa 'maybe' 3-4 times per year or less. Though I should mention that those experiences, while infrequent, they were extremely powerful, I try to make sure of this as best as I'm able to.

And regarding being carried farther into the state - I totally agree, I think if I would've absorbed my attention/focus on what was happening, instead of sort've having 'partial attention' in that circumstance - I think it would've developed very very quickly. It honestly was very unnerving and I was taken aback by it. It was undoubtedly spit-for-spat in the realm of 10mg freebase - it was spot on to that.

Also that line - between this reality and that reality; I think attention and the amount of absorption has a big effect on that line - on how thin it becomes, until things start happening. Honestly I have no clue lol, these are just ideas, they could be wrong. But that's how it feels to me more or less. Cheers

As long as we agree that we're engaging in speculation/conjecture, I can offer a bit more. I think a period of heavy use, even if it were many years ago, and/or infrequent but "extremely powerfull" experiences, could have built a strong associative neural pathway. In the case of PTSD sufferers, a single intense experience can create such a pathway.

As far as how long? I would assume personal will would have much more to do with it than something involuntary, and the state would have to be cultivated to get "deep".

With regards to the veil between this state (of reality) and that, and it being a matter of what you choose to pay attention to? I can't really see it any other way, unless I'm in an emotional state that makes me cling to conventional empiricism.

Other than the initial shock, I wouldn't get too unnerved by it. I think your brain is just learning some new tricksThumbs up . To quote Frank Herbert, "Usul no longer needs the Weirding Module", Laughing Love

"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/21/2017 11:03:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm interested to know what would happen if you actually read it aloud.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

β—‹
#6 Posted : 10/22/2017 12:49:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I'm interested to know what would happen if you actually read it aloud.

Yeah I agree, could try to repeat it under the same circumstances, but this time read aloud, who knows. Still sort've mulling over the fact that once I started reading the passage - that's when things began. I was moving my mouth, though sort've reading under my breath.

I've had intense memories of some of my deeper past experiences, and even then - those memories alone had never done anything whatsoever in terms of affecting my overall reality, my perception of it, and my feelings associated - the only time those had any bearing on affecting my reality was when i paired those memories with the exact songs/music I'd played during those experiences.

Sometimes the words others say when describing their dmt experiences, sometimes they will say lines that just hit it home for me, and those lines can cause hyper detailed memories of some of those past experiences.

Jees
#7 Posted : 10/23/2017 9:48:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing kind of 'flash back'.
Have you tried to re-produce the effects?
I hope it leaves a positive feeling.

β—‹
#8 Posted : 10/23/2017 11:06:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Jees wrote:
Amazing kind of 'flash back'.
Have you tried to re-produce the effects?
I hope it leaves a positive feeling.

I haven't yet. I will at some point though. I feel that my mood, setting, all that has to be right, maybe it doesn't, but it feels more conducive to have things somewhat lined up.

I'm going to try to not actively pursue it, as with this last instance I never ever had the thought of - "oh now i'm going to try to reproduce this experience in this moment", it had 'just sort of happened'. It's kind of like when I first started taking psychedelics - after taking them I would sit there and try to will things or focus on the unfoldment of the experience 'waiting' 'wanting it to happen' and in turn it would rarely come about as intended or begin to ramp up, though when I'd completely drop my willingness and attention from 'waiting and wanting it to happen' - that's when things would begin - I could turn my head in one direction, turn my head back the other direction - and in that quick shift of the head from one view to another - that would typically bring out the experience in full force. Very sneaky. In plain sight yet hidden Big grin

I'm dipping myself back into tryptamines here for this coming winter, so after I get a few deep ones going, get them memories back in full swing ..then I'll give it a shot. Thumbs up Smile

Potentially nothing could come from this, and that's totally cool too Very happy. Whatever comes, comes.