We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5meo assistance please Options

Tone42001
#1 Posted : 10/18/2017 9:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've successfully performed about a dozen extractions of DMT. I'd like to pursue an extraction of 5meoDMT. I've been doing research, but thought someone here may be able to help me with the best source material to start with, and which tek may work the best? I had some Mimosa Pudica ( from an incorrect shipment )but extraction yeilded nothing. I realize pudica is only in the plant at a certain age, and in certain parts of the plant. Someone help me please. Thanks
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Aum_Shanti
#2 Posted : 10/19/2017 9:36:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Have a look at the Wiki about possible plant sources. Also use the search function about plants and possible extraction routes.

Generally the best results you would probably get with Virola Theiodora resin. But it's hard to get nowadays and there were quite some reports about its unethical sourcing.

69ron posted his preferred tek for it (but his results are debated by some users here, as he played a shady role in the fake-THH case):

* boil in water and bring the pH to 4 using citric acid.
* filter out plant material.
* defat 10 times with DCM.
* bring the pH to 9 with sodium carbonate.
* extract with DCM 5 times.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Tone42001
#3 Posted : 10/19/2017 1:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the help. Could I use Virola Theidora Powder, or does it have to be a resin? And could I substitute DCM with MEK?
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

burnt
#4 Posted : 10/20/2017 4:28:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Tried with Virola peruviana. Only 6 mg alkaloids from 100 g sample A/B type extraction. Some kind of tryptamine like alkaloid but couldn't confirm it was 5-meo.

null24
#5 Posted : 10/20/2017 8:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

The only reliable source that I know of unfortunately comes from the toad venom. I also would love to find a good extraction source.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*