We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The list I made for me and my sitter before my first DMT experience Options

mountain-spirit
#1 Posted : 10/16/2017 10:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had my first experience with DMT about a year ago. Before I went with the experience, I created a list for myself and my sitter to go through before the experience.

Today while arranging file on my laptop I found the text file with the list. I thought I'd share it with you. Please keep in mind this isn't a list of guidelines or anything like that. It's just something I followed for my own.

Safety and Health:
• A comfortable place for passing out.
• Locked doors.
• No objects on the floor.
• Drink at least a glass of water in the last 15 minutes.
• No full stomach , but not empty either.
• Eat a few pieces of ginger.

Distractions:
• Phone in full silent mode (No vibrate).
• Laptops muted.
• No visitors expected.
• Sitter interaction preference.

Atmosphere:
• Decide on time of day for light preference.
• Comfortable clothing.
• Decide on videotaping for own journaling.

Exceptional Situations:
• Prepare a familiar song that always calms you down.
• Have a bucket close by.
• Have a plastic bottle of water close by.
• Prepare grounding object.

Mindset:
• Meditate beforehand.
• Prepare for letting go.
• Prepare to accept what will be shown to you.
• Prepare to accept that "it" will decide where the journey goes. You just observe and follow.
• Prepare to accept that your unique experience is yours. Don't compare or build expectations based on others' experiences.

Travel:
• Decide on dosage.
• Train to use the burner.

After:
• Preference for discussion.
• Integrating: What does it mean? How can I use it to improve myself? What did it show me that I didn't know?
• Don't jump to new conclusions right away. Decide you'll take a lot of time to process.
• Extended reflection.
<3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 11/6/2017 3:42:44 AM

Pay No Mind

Well mountain-spirit, the list you've shared is a very practical, wise tool to utilize.

I applaud your sane approach to hyperspatial journeying.

It seems to me that you will, more than likely, handle your psychedelics well.

I sincerely wish you the safest of travels.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

JefFlux
#3 Posted : 11/6/2017 6:26:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great observations and a very helpful resource for the inexperienced. After reading experiences for years before I found the molecule - one article that helped me most was this psychedelicfrontier.com/how-prepare-spiritual-dmt-ceremony/ , all of it you seems to have covered and more. You should consider submitting this to some psychedelic media sites, like the one in this link, would gladly share it around the Facebook groups I admin. Many thanks Smile

GreatArc
#4 Posted : 11/6/2017 7:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This seems like a wonderful checklist.

I have to go through a lot more preparation than most people I've spoken with in order to use psychedelics productively and to have a fulfilling and positive experience. A combination of being a cripplingly overanxious person and going through a great deal of trauma has meant that my self-care regimen begins often days before I can explore an altered state under the right circumstances.

Have extracted my DMT quite a while ago, and yet my friend (and tripsitter) and I are both waiting patiently for me to have the right conditions and cultivate the right mindset before we make the attempt.

I occasionally use LSD or 4-Ac0-DMT/Mushrooms in what most would regard as VERY powerful doses, and have found great value in advice like yours and am so grateful that people discuss these aspects of tripping as well, both for harm reduction, and for setting oneself up for the best chances to have a positive experience.

I would add my own rituals and tips if you'd find it fun to compare checklists (I refer to it as my 'ceremony'Pleased.

1.) Take special care to eat well, sleep well, exercise and hydrate for days leading up to the trip. Stretching and feeling good about my body is critical.

2.) I used to listen to highly cerebral music beforehand; a symphony, jazz or big band orchestral stuff, Pink Floyd or Hendrix albums, etc. Watch heavy epic films like 2001, Gandhi, a Hitchcock film, or some Kubrick masterpiece, to get me in the "deeper" headspace. Not anymore.

I've come to believe that this is kind of artificially 'forcing' it, and creating some stressful expectation of what the trip is supposed to be like, instead of listening and watching what happens. Now, I do my best to simply feel my best beforehand. I watch the silliest and funniest films I can. I put on the Three Stooges or Monty Python, some beloved standup comedian or whatever else gets me laughing and releasing tension and stress as much as possible to mitigate the 'pre-flight' jitters. Get those good hormones flowing!

3.) Hydrate even more! Thirst is one of those things that connects me back to my body, and will not let me experience ego-death or disassociation from the material world if I feel the needs of my body have not been addressed.

4.) Similar to thirst, I do not want to feel hunger during my trips, but also want as little as possible in my belly as I am prone to stomach discomfort using almost any drug. 3-4 hours of fasting is my sweet spot.

5.) Clean your house. A tidy room and home speaks back to me that all things have been taken care of, and that there is nothing else I am neglecting or needs attention. I am allowed to have this time for myself to explore.

6.) All needs have been taken care of. There is nothing I have to do, nowhere to be. I don't want to be problem solving or trying to do anything while I am 'under' or in the hours after the drugs wear off. Good, nourishing foods have been prepared for when I am ready. Drinks are at my bedside, as well as my glasses, asthma inhaler, journal and pens, towels (I lose body temperature regulation very often on psychedelics), stomach medicine, a pitcher of lemon and cucumber water in ice, headache tablets, tissues, ginger, a book, remotes and a film ready to go afterwards, and just any little comfort I might want, especially if I don't want to get out of bed after. I make my home like a perfect little report or spa, and my bed like an upscale hospital room. Anti anxiety medication I never take, but which I feel good knowing is nearby f I needed to relax or to sleep right away if I am in distress. Even good smelling incense or candles burning somewhere safely in the sink.

7.) Have a shower, brush teeth, get into pyjamas. Just feeling clean is helpful and contributes to my self-care ritual.

That's about it.

I must say, I usually abort or pull the plug on a planned experience twice for every one I go through with. If everything is not just right, or my mind is not telling me I am perfectly ok to try something if I'd like, I simply won't go. I would prefer no experience to a harmful one.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/6/2017 4:18:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There's lots of great suggestions here. One thing that might be expressly added as a pre-launch requirement is -

Remember to empty your bladder before launching!

More than once the pressing urge to urinate has overwhelmed any other aspect of the experience, and staggering over to a bush/bucket/toilet while heavily incoordinated and strongly hallucinating is not the easiest thing to manage. And the hallucinatory panel of elderly gentlemen was mocking me as I stood there, member in hand. Embarrased

Quote:
I must say, I usually abort or pull the plug on a planned experience twice for every one I go through with. If everything is not just right, or my mind is not telling me I am perfectly ok to try something if I'd like, I simply won't go. I would prefer no experience to a harmful one.
Well said!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Zilsk
#6 Posted : 11/19/2017 10:47:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for your lists.
I like to prepare myself for a psychedelic experience, but recently with DMT I will often rush into it out of pure excitement (by rush I'm talking only an hour or two of pondering the idea beforehand). I'm glad to be reminded that putting a bit more effort into preparing for the experience will help things to flow a little easier.

GreatArc
#7 Posted : 11/27/2017 8:16:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Zilsk wrote:
Thank you all for your lists.
I like to prepare myself for a psychedelic experience, but recently with DMT I will often rush into it out of pure excitement (by rush I'm talking only an hour or two of pondering the idea beforehand). I'm glad to be reminded that putting a bit more effort into preparing for the experience will help things to flow a little easier.

I can actually see the merit in rushing in out of pure excitement. Sort of like jumping off the cliffs into a lake--the last thing you want to do is creep forward anxiously, you want to commit, secure in the knowledge you're safe and that there's nothing down there to harm you and in the spirit that the reason you're doing this is because it is an exciting and rewarding experience, not some fear to be faced.

Trying to be in that mindset is something I struggle with, but believe is of absolute advantage (critical, even) to the serious psychonaut.

Babylon Bambi
#8 Posted : 12/3/2017 7:56:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for starting this thread, I've found it useful to have a list too. Simple things like going to the loo and having phones switched off gives extra piece of mind which pays off.

I agree with the previous comment and believe that the application of this mindset has great potential in everyday life. Easier said than done though.