We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unexpected precipitation - Kash's A/B Mescaline Extraction TEK Options

fatherseb
#1 Posted : 10/10/2017 3:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
after following Kash's A/B Mescaline Extraction TEK with 100g of powdered T. pachanoi I realised massive precipitation after basifying the reduced and acidic brew (see picture).
Any ideas what this could be and how to proceed?

fatherseb attached the following image(s):
IMG_20171010_145226.jpg (1,871kb) downloaded 123 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DrSeltsam
#2 Posted : 10/10/2017 6:38:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that before or after defating?

Ulim
#3 Posted : 10/10/2017 10:30:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you maybe forget step 3?

What kind of base did you use?
Are you sure you have it free of junk like aluminium pellets/dust?

urtica
#4 Posted : 10/11/2017 3:43:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just extract with xylene/whatever you are using, and let the layers separate very well after each pull/agitation.

I often have a weird precipitate, not as thick as that but I don't think anything is wrong there. It is not alkaloid... If you notice that your np solvent gets very cloudy when you do pulls, let it sit floating on top of the basified tea for a good long while until it clears up, I think sometimes some of the precipitate travels over & can make you end up with a dirtier final product.

Also, did you allow your tea to settle after concentrating it down? I like to put mine in the fridge for up to a week & a bunch of sludge will settle out, then I proceed to basify & etc.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Ulim
#5 Posted : 10/11/2017 3:44:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it is no outside contaminant like alumium from the Lye or dissolving the dishes you used (i see boro so im sure you didnt dissolve anything)
its probably just tannins that were carried over and not filtered out.

Do like the post above but if you see the nps picking up the sludge and dissolving it you might wanna filter it out/decant before you hit it with nps again.