We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
question about the taste Options

kaos.underwave
#1 Posted : 1/30/2008 7:47:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey

not that the experience isn't brilliant as it stands

but I can't seem to eradicate that numbing basy taste from my spice,
and since this compound has such a wonderful effect on the other senses
I can't help feel I'm missing out somehow...
with other fuels like shrooms the initial taste can be gone before the
experience even begins, and I do like my taste hallucinations...
no real time in which remove or replace the dmt taste even if wasn't so dominating

It doesn't really bother me, but it's kinda limiting...

I was wondering if vapourised dmt must necessarily have the taste that mine seems to?

Or if one would have to go IV or IM to explore the avenue of tasty tasty dmtime...?

cheers
Onwards and upwards

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

El Ka Bong
#2 Posted : 1/30/2008 11:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have any reason to suspect Lye is in the spice..? Is it "numbing" to the lips or what..? Yellow extract is also differently flavoured than white spice- what colour is yours..?

The pKa of dmt is basic (pKa = 8.7'ish), but pure dmt should not be harsh... just plasticy tasting, but smooth as silk... Lye has a screaming high basicity - it will add a 'burn' to the flavour, and you can just taste it as a contaminant by putting some extract on your tongue. Dmt is bitter, lye adds a further burning-bitter taste.

Oral dosing is much different - I think that a 'breakthrough' is an experience one only gets with inhaling dmt. I don't know if you ever get that with eating dmt.

DeadLizard
#3 Posted : 1/31/2008 8:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was under the impression that the lye wouldn't vaporise if some was carried across and therefore wouldn't affect the taste.
El Ka Bong wrote:

Oral dosing is much different - I think that a 'breakthrough' is an experience one only gets with inhaling dmt. I don't know if you ever get that with eating dmt.

Well I for one would like to hear if thats true. I'v been slowly leaning towards trying Aya first. But if you can't breakthrough, then thats a deal breaker ....

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 1/31/2008 1:18:26 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

El Ka Bong wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean with a 'breakthrough' but if you mean being shot into the universe, living another ones lifes, meeting entities, OBE, OEV, getting healed on a higher plain of existance, dying and reborn, your soul leaving your body and sliding back into it, etc then aya pretty much covers the lot.

El Ka Bong
#5 Posted : 1/31/2008 8:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

.. yes, good to hear oral dosing is capable of such journeying. But ayahuasca vs pharmahuasca is different, right..!? And I'm a newb' with just 4 pharmahuasca experiences, so take all my ranting with that in mind. So dose-level aside (80 - 150 mg), I realize how much 'work' it is to get the recipe just-right to reduce/avoid the puking.

But as far as lye (Na+ and :OH- )being inhaled, oh yes you bet you'll breath the contaminants in ! They are atoms and molecules, just like the dmt is, so if you add heat-energy they too vibrate harder from a solid state to become a liquid and a gas ..!

Dirty spice is not 'cleaned' by the vapourizing - one usually washes the contaminants out with ammonia, or (let me rant !..) one chooses a tek that does not yeild lye-contaminated spice ! (not Like I assume you did, but did you use a lye-eater tek..?...)

DreaMTripper
#6 Posted : 2/1/2008 12:12:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone experience with tribal methods of spice ingestion. Such as patches on open cuts. Maybe it could get steralised beforehand in boiling water?
In theory someone could have slow release dmt all day!

kaos.underwave
#7 Posted : 2/1/2008 1:37:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

used marsofold with 99.9% pure NaOH crystals

spice looks mostly off-white, almost pure white but not quite, bit yellowy.
Its smooth as hell to toke, and easy to hold, like nothing at all.

tastes...like dmt. plasticy, as you say, and bitter...unfamiliar...

actually just walking along the street sometimes I get taste, or smell hallucinations of dmt,
maybe just some fragrant bush or something, and I scan the horizon for people tripping...

"In theory someone could have slow release dmt all day!" dont think so.
Isnt dmt supposed to be metabolised really quickly, which is why we vape it?
Otherwise you'd have to also be on slow release MAOIs ALL day

be better to get some aya, me reckons
Onwards and upwards

El Ka Bong
#8 Posted : 2/1/2008 2:22:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get smell-flashbacks from yellow peppers - try cutting one up, see if you smell it too !?

That spice sounds nice - if it's good for smoking then it's good for eatin' ! If you want to get away from the 'taste' of smoking it, then eating that kind of extract is a phenomenal experience - highly recommended ! Do you have enough to eat ..? (~ 80-150mg.. ) ?

Trickster
#9 Posted : 2/1/2008 3:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

El Ka Bong wrote:
...t to reduce/avoid the puking.

SWIM was told that puking is almost inevitable with aya. For him it is almost fun.

Actually his dreams with b.caapi were extremely visual. That is when SWIM used strong doses between 250g and 600g of dry vine. They also were much more meaningful and instructive than those induced by the spice. All the time he felt presence of a stern but friendly teacher. He could ask she - Let's go and examine my body and they did. Then they examined his mind and she has shown him a huge zoo of all sorts of creatures living there and he understood that they are his programs that run his life most of the time. He felt an unbearable automaticity of his life and a very strong desire to do something about it.

SWIM still cannot make friends with the admixture while on caapi. All those few times he tried were unbearably gloomy and depressive to the point of feeling suicidal. It was such a relief to feel that DMT is leaving his body. Go figure. That why he decided to try the spice alone. So far there was only one extremely frightening experience out of 8 he had.

As to the possibility of inhaling lye together with the spice SWIM thinks it is pretty remote. Even if lye molecules get the same amount of energy from heating as the spice they require much more of it to break them apart and turn into vapor. On the other hand they may stuck to DMT molecules. SWIM plans to talk to his friend who is a chemist.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Viracocha
#10 Posted : 2/2/2008 12:45:47 AM

..still lc..

After a while you'll love that taste, and adore that smell
Sitting in a room with a few close friends while the smoke builds up.. nothing like it, especially the look on the face of the person who inevitably walks in. Even hours after you leave you're wondering why you can still smell it? because your mouth and nose is lacquered with that honey sweet goodness

Puking is definitely a factor, but it's not too bad. I've come sooo close to puking from high dose smoked (and i know of a dude who puked intensely from insuffilated) also so it's not just an aya thing. If you want to avoid the puking i'd suggest dosing crystal harmals and spice rather than plant material (although plant material usually has more depth and colour)

And IMHO this whole NaOH getting into the final product is pure myth. NaOH has absolutely no solubility in shellite no matter what the temperature, and if your separation was poor and some black ass lye water came through you'd see it and surely remove it

i would say that inhaling vaporised freebase material of any kind would ever be a smooth-as-silk experience, but like i said you'll grow to love every bit of the experience

zero
#11 Posted : 2/10/2008 9:00:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The last time SWIM puked on Aya was actually fucking mind boggling. He made it to toilet but didnt have time to turn the light on. As he bent over and began puking, a brilliantly colored mayan-calender-ish mandala began spinning slowly and transforming in the toilet. Unimaginable colors, impossible designs and mosaics... then from each of the 4 directional corners of the mandala appeared these impish gnome-like little guys, peaking around the corners, smirking, giggling, spoke to me... "let it ouuuut, let it all out, yes, yes".

undergrounder
#12 Posted : 2/10/2008 3:21:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My most recent experience with DMT has been with pure, PURE white DMT crystals.

I can definitely say that pure DMT is both tasteless and doesn't smell AT ALL. Smoking it is easier than cigarettes. There's a little harshness at the back of the throat but the smoke itself is like air.

The more yellow the DMT though, the stronger it tastes and smells (that plasticy smell). I'm now certain that the DMT smell is actually something else.

zero
#13 Posted : 2/10/2008 5:58:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually, the smell is not technically "DMT". The odor is characteristic of any indole compound. The smell is the indole. So no matter the purity, the indole smell will be there. The smell is a little less pungent when the spice is in the freezer though... were you to leave it out the smell gets more noticeable with oxidation. You can really get a wiff of it if you evaporate rather than freeze precip. SWIM personally loves the smell, mmm, it's kind of sweet, it's like an advertisement for a vacation you'll be going on.

Oh also... just SWIMs experience, not trying to debate... he has found that the yellowish DMT he gets from evapping is really quite smooth to toke. Just as smooth as his twinkly translucent crystals after recrystallizing. Maybe the plant tannins smooth it out, I dunno, just his experience.

But definitely the biggest difference he notes is the difference in smoothness/harshness when smoking with parsley/herbs, as opposed to freebasing it in a glass base pipe. Basing is almost always harsh, unless you have ultra pure spice and an excellent freebasing technique. If you can toke it sloooow and steady it'll be smooth. But if not, man, OUCH, those lungs can take a beating.