We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro powder, making tea, need help/suggestions. Options

hexagonal
#1 Posted : 9/25/2017 11:09:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexians,

I've gathered some good info from here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=39731

but wish to ask for some specifics, since I have a limited amount of powder that I can't afford to mess up in a bad preparation. There are plenty of teks for fresh cactus but I'm not finding what I need for the powder prep.

The idea is to have just liquid without any solids. I plan to use about 300 grams of the powder.

Can I add all of this to a pot in one go?
How much water should I use?
How long do I keep it on the stove? I've seen this ranging from 20 minutes to 24 hours..
When do I add the lemon juice?

According to some in the thread I linked to above, decanting is preferred over straining. Should I repeat simmer the solids and combine? Any additional tips are greatly appreciated.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cactus Man
#2 Posted : 5/13/2018 8:40:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

do the whole thing in a large amount of water or pull 3 times with a smaller amount of water

add the powder water and lemon juice all at the same time

stir the pot well constantly and cook it for 3-12 hours depending

endlessness
#3 Posted : 5/13/2018 8:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely do more than 1 pull, gotta boil it at least 3x, each with fresh water. Same principle as explained in our FAQ regarding why do multiple pulls when extracting DMT.

Lemon juice, amount of water and all of that is not very important as long as you're within reasonable limits (not like, boiling it all with a single drop, or with 10 barrels full of water), if you have good cact you'll get good results regardless. Same goes for time, 30 mins to a couple of hours each boil is fine, specially if you already have it all powderized.. Longer boils and freeze/thaw cycles are more important when you're working with fresh cact.

Good luck!

Wakinyan
#4 Posted : 5/13/2018 10:57:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Definitely do more than 1 pull, gotta boil it at least 3x, each with fresh water. Same principle as explained in our FAQ regarding why do multiple pulls when extracting DMT.

Lemon juice, amount of water and all of that is not very important as long as you're within reasonable limits (not like, boiling it all with a single drop, or with 10 barrels full of water), if you have good cact you'll get good results regardless. Same goes for time, 30 mins to a couple of hours each boil is fine, specially if you already have it all powderized.. Longer boils and freeze/thaw cycles are more important when you're working with fresh cact.

Good luck!

What he said! Laughing, I am not one for lemon juice either. Straining your powder is a must of course if you don't want particles in your tea. As for boiling, you can always skip boiling and simply place your powder in a glass jar filled with water and place that out in the sun. After 3-4 days you will have a nice sun tea. As with everything, every chef has their own particular spin on this.
When I graft you graft we graft

antichode
#5 Posted : 5/14/2018 9:49:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wakinyan wrote:

As for boiling, you can always skip boiling and simply place your powder in a glass jar filled with water and place that out in the sun. After 3-4 days you will have a nice sun tea. As with everything, every chef has their own particular spin on this.

Hopefully the chef knows how to check the ph of his ‘fermentation’ so that it’s below 4.2. Anything higher and he could risk growing populations of life threatening bacteria!