We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Desmanthus illinoensis, leptolobus and spp. Workspace Options

roninsina
#21 Posted : 4/14/2016 3:47:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
They're common here as well, near the mouth of the Mississippi. And I agree with all you said, except I have found them growing in a forest, under the canopy. But it was along a hiking trail, so perhaps someone planted them. Because not far from that spot, I found a spot on the edge of the forest, with an entire grove of them growing, much thicker than any natural growth I've found. I suspect someone planted those. But they will grow in the shade as well.

Hi BFP. Yeah, I've seen them in many places. Most dense along highways, suburban fields, and bike trails as they're a typical part of the seed mix in indigenous plant restoration projects around here. These are not specimens with large roots though and they're a pain in the a55 to dig up from the harder soil - could have a better concentration of alkaloids but it would have to be much better for me to bother with it. Anyway, I was wondering if you're still making brews with it? I'm very interested in this idea and have started growing some p incarnata for modest potentiation of my own brews (I may try to find a better indigenous RIMA). I know there are some who are concerned about the gramine and hordenine but not sure it worries me much.

As far as extraction goes, I yielded about .1% with fresh/still wet root but imagine that would be closer to the .3% suggested by most others, if I had dried it. I'll do another extraction with the DIRB I have on hand, when time allows.

Good luck, Leithen and furhenden!
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BundleflowerPower
#22 Posted : 4/14/2016 3:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't used it since the last time you saw me post about it, but next time I do, I'll be using 25 g and see what happens

dreamer042
#23 Posted : 4/14/2016 3:58:32 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I stamp this thread with the offical dreamoar seal of apporoval.

Well played Nexus community. Well played. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

electro
#24 Posted : 4/14/2016 6:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:

As far as extraction goes, I yielded about .1% with fresh/still wet root but imagine that would be closer to the .3% suggested by most others, if I had dried it. I'll do another extraction with the DIRB I have on hand, when time allows.

That's awesome! Was it Illinoensis or Leptolobus? How old were the plants? Did you get crystals or goo?

I'm living in northern climate in a country which doesn't let me to order anything interesting from online stores so I'm thinking about growing Desmanthus (Illinoensis, Leptolobus? Smile ) indoors.

electro
#25 Posted : 4/14/2016 6:28:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward for someone to try Desmanthus extract orally with Caapi, that would be really interesting.

BundleflowerPower
#26 Posted : 4/14/2016 11:56:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

electro wrote:
Looking forward for someone to try Desmanthus extract orally with Caapi, that would be really interesting.

This is my intent. To combine caapi and desmanthus this year, from plants growing in my yard.

BundleflowerPower
#27 Posted : 4/14/2016 11:57:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

electro wrote:
roninsina wrote:

That's awesome! Was it Illinoensis or Leptolobus? How old were the plants? Did you get crystals or goo?

I'm living in northern climate in a country which doesn't let me to order anything interesting from online stores so I'm thinking about growing Desmanthus (Illinoensis, Leptolobus? Smile ) indoors.

How far north do you live? They can survive very cold winters.

Leithen
#28 Posted : 4/14/2016 2:15:46 PM

Be Here Now

A wonderful revitalization in this thread!

I will be collecting and harvesting fresh root bark while I am travelling or the summer. The root bark will then be dried in the sun and stored in a zip lock bag until I get back. I plan to try and get enough for between 2 and 4 experiments/ extractions.

From what you all have said and what I was able to dig up this seems like it should work just fine. Can in get too late in the season or can it be too early?
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€
โ€• Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

urtica
#29 Posted : 4/14/2016 5:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A little off topic, but I planted out D leptolobus here in the PNW corner of the country last year. We were not sure if they would make it through the wet wet winter but jut in the past couple days they have been putting out leaf buds!
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

roninsina
#30 Posted : 4/15/2016 2:04:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
electro wrote:
roninsina wrote:

^^^this^^^ We get deep freezes here, and illinoensis grows naturally in much colder latitudes.

Quote:

d illinoensis will need a deep pot if you plan to grow them that way. I would suggest experimenting with growing them outdoors. I would also make note of the decimal point in front of my yield - it takes a sizable amount of root bark to get any appreciable amount of alkaloids. = Many pots indoors for a long time.

Quote:
Can in get too late in the season or can it be too early?

From what I've read, the earlier the harvest, the more NMT, with peak DMT after seeding out.
I have seen them seed out several weeks apart in the same area, living under different light and moisture conditions.

urtica: of all the cool avatars on the nexus, yours is my favorite.

BundleflowerPower
#31 Posted : 4/15/2016 2:26:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
electro wrote:
roninsina wrote:

^^^this^^^ We get deep freezes here, and illinoensis grows naturally in much colder latitudes.

Quote:

d illinoensis will need a deep pot if you plan to grow them that way. I would suggest experimenting with growing them outdoors. I would also make note of the decimal point in front of my yield - it takes a sizable amount of root bark to get any appreciable amount of alkaloids. = Many pots indoors for a long time.

Quote:
Can in get too late in the season or can it be too early?

From what I've read, the earlier the harvest, the more NMT, with peak DMT after seeding out.
I have seen them seed out several weeks apart in the same area, living under different light and moisture conditions.

urtica: of all the cool avatars on the nexus, yours is my favorite.

Yes. I feel like it's better to harvest once they seed out

skoobysnax
#32 Posted : 4/15/2016 2:40:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a lot here in my state zone 8 climate, growing next to railroad tracks. My only fear is the ground may be polluted so I gathered no roots. I gathered seed last fall and have plans to plant them next week. Stratified in the fridge...
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

BundleflowerPower
#33 Posted : 4/15/2016 3:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
There is a lot here in my state zone 8 climate, growing next to railroad tracks. My only fear is the ground may be polluted so I gathered no roots. I gathered seed last fall and have plans to plant them next week. Stratified in the fridge...

Seems like the side of a road would be much more polluted, but I could be wrong

urtica
#34 Posted : 4/15/2016 7:08:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ roninsina:

Thanks! I love that it is James Joyce & Gurdjieff!

urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

furhenden
#35 Posted : 4/18/2016 3:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some of my Bundleflowers (illinoensis) this year. These are just coming up on 1 year old, started from seed direct in ground. They died back to ground level for the most part in the winter. Some of them kept some green in the stem, so I left them in tact, others died all the way down and I somewhat haphazardly trimmed them back. The ones I trimmed back seem to be growing back faster and more vigorous this spring. Now that they have a year old root system, I think they are going to really start getting big!

http://imgur.com/a/bAWlK

These were about 4 feet tall, single stocks with branches here and there. Looks like they will be much thicker and bushier this year.

Its a little hard to see, but this whole area is covered in little baby bundleflower sprouts from the mother plant in the top right. She dumped tons of seeds around this area.

Here is a close up of the mother in the previous image. She stayed low to the ground for whatever reason, and became a long sprawling multi branched plant that was only about a foot or two off the ground at any point. She grew like a leptolobus, but had seed pods like an illinoensis, and came from same illinoensis seed packet as the others. Once again, looks like she is going to be a monster this year!

I intend to let them grow another year or two before I attempt any harvest, gonna let all the little seedlings take over that area.

In addition I have spread some Syrian Rue seeds around that area as well, hopefully they will come up this year.

I would really love to get a hold of some Desmanthus leptolobus seeds, but they seem to elude me.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Carl Sagan

roninsina
#36 Posted : 4/19/2016 11:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had no idea they grew that quickly, furhenden. I've only guessed at their age in the wild. I'll be very curious to know how big the root structures are when you do get around to harvesting.

I will try to set aside time in the next few weeks to extract the DIRB I have, and report the yield here.

Also, a neighbor gave me a few lebtolobus seeds last fall. I guess it's time to start germinating. If I have any success, I'll make sure Share the Seeds has a supply for interested parties.

skoobysnax
#37 Posted : 9/3/2017 7:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a small plot that I am going to harvest. I have collected as many seed as can. I plan on leaving some to return after winter so more of a thinning of the thick carpet of DI that I grew this year with some to grow larger next year.

QUESTION: Whole root or should I strip the bark for a brew? (I will not extract these this year although that would give me an idea of how much DMT they contain). I have about 400G dried Passiflora Incarnata i wish to use as "the force" This i will boil 4X in the pressure cooker and reduce to 4 cups. This will be the first experiment in self sufficiency with homegrown materials.
I plan to use 10-15 grams of the DIR(B) based on BFP's reports.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

roninsina
#38 Posted : 9/3/2017 10:13:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
I have a small plot that I am going to harvest. I have collected as many seed as can. I plan on leaving some to return after winter so more of a thinning of the thick carpet of DI that I grew this year with some to grow larger next year.

QUESTION: Whole root or should I strip the bark for a brew? (I will not extract these this year although that would give me an idea of how much DMT they contain). I have about 400G dried Passiflora Incarnata i wish to use as "the force" This i will boil 4X in the pressure cooker and reduce to 4 cups. This will be the first experiment in self sufficiency with homegrown materials.
I plan to use 10-15 grams of the DIR(B) based on BFP's reports.

Hi skoobysnax!

That's so very cool that you're carrying this work forward! As far as whole bark goes - the literature suggests the rootbark has the vast majority of alkaloids. Separating the bark is easy while the root is still fresh, and nearly impossible after it has dried. If you smash the fresh roots with a hammer, the hard cortex easily peals away. I have found that clipping the rootbark into small pieces with a hand pruner and then freezing this and then putting small handfulls of the frozen bark in a blender works wonderfully.

Please! keep us updated! This is very exciting!

Edit: You may want to look into some of the literature on gramine and hordenine before committing to proceeding with a brew.

GreenDMT
#39 Posted : 9/22/2017 7:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does some body was trying to work on it with some assay?

An1cca
#40 Posted : 9/22/2017 8:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GreenDMT, you mean like TLC or something? I used TLC to test for mescaline in live cacti and found the technique to be very applicable. I don't see why it shouldn't work on other plant material. That is, if DMT also reacts with ninhydrin. But being an amine, I don't see why it shouldn't?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=76926

PREV1234NEXT