We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT and seizures. Options

SomewhatLost
#1 Posted : 11/9/2011 7:03:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

This past weekend, SWIM had a fairly interesting experience with both oral and smoked DMT. You can read about this here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26848

What was even more interesting was what SWIM learned from his girlfriend when he described his experience to her. For a bit of background, SWIM's girlfriend has been suffering from seizures since she's been in her late teens. They used to be extremely infrequent, but as she got into her late 20s, they became more and more common. She's now taking lamotrigine to control them and she hasn't had one in over a year. When SWIM described the super vision that he got from a smoked dose of DMT (after a pharmahuasca attempt), SWIM's girlfriend said that's almost exactly what she experiences prior to having a seizure. Or, now that she's on lamotrigine and doesn't suffer from them anymore, she says that when she slips into that state now, she considers it to be a "mini-seizure". She doesn't really lose consciousness or control of her senses, but she forgets almost everything that happens during this time and she feels really hazy, like she's in a dream-like state for a good amount of time afterward. SWIM is very interested in this as he thinks that it might mean that endogenous DMT is causing these "mini-seizures". In Dr. Rick Strassman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule", he mentions several times that he believes that it's endogenous DMT that causes the "voices" that schizophrenics hear, and he suggests that perhaps schizophrenics lack sufficient quantities of a particular enzyme which blocks DMT from passing through the blood-brain barrier. SWIM wonders if perhaps epileptics as well as other people who suffer from seizures might also lack sufficient quantities of this enzyme, at least at certain times.

Anyway, has anyone here ever experienced seizures? Were you ever able to recall how you felt immediately prior to the seizure? Is anybody here on lamotrigine? If so, do you feel that it has an effect (good or bad) on DMT? Has anyone else experienced this "super vision" while on DMT? Were you ever able to achieve this effect using something other than DMT? SWIM is very interested in seeing if anyone else has had similar experiences.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Oneiroi
#2 Posted : 11/9/2011 7:48:20 PM

Tim

The feelings she is talking about are called aurus, they're sensations you feel before the onset of a seizure. They aren't mini seizures but effects that come on before a seizure happens. Has your girlfriend ever tried DMT before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_%28symptom%29

^ As for that statement, I don't agree. Seizures can be seriously dangerous and life threatening to the individual. Not to mention seizures and their after effects can permanently damage a person's ability to function in every day life.
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

SomewhatLost
#3 Posted : 11/9/2011 9:11:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oneiroi wrote:
The feelings she is talking about are called aurus, they're sensations you feel before the onset of a seizure. They aren't mini seizures but effects that come on before a seizure happens. Has your girlfriend ever tried DMT before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_%28symptom%29

^ As for that statement, I don't agree. Seizures can be seriously dangerous and life threatening to the individual. Not to mention seizures and their after effects can permanently damage a person's ability to function in every day life.

Thanks for the information, Oneiroi. As for that wiki link, I don't know if SWIM's girlfriend experiences much of those effects described, but she definitely does experience that insanely sharp vision that SWIM experienced this past weekend after taking a hit of DMT while peaking on pharmahuasca.

SWIM's girlfriend has tried DMT before, she started experimenting along with SWIM when he developed an interest in it. In fact, while coming up, she said that it reminded her of how she feels prior to having a seizure on a few occasions. The more SWIM learns about this drug, the more interested he becomes in it.

SomewhatLost
#4 Posted : 11/9/2011 9:17:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

isa wrote:
IMHO I think that seizures are 'its' way of getting us to come to it... at the end of the day we are NOT in control of ourselves 'it' is...... same as when you die that's 'it' cashing in your chips for you....

remember when neo, took the pill and woke up to proper reality? This life is just a super complex illusion that was created and we exist in it. I mean its soooo complex there is no point trying to figure it out, just enjoy the ride.

Sorry hope you don't think I'm belittling your girlfriends seizures, just my thoughts on the matter.

Hi Isa,

Thanks for your response. No worries, I don't think you're belittling her experiences. I am fairly curious as to what you mean, though. Do you believe that seizures are DMT's way of "showing the light", so to speak? If so, why would it typically only be epileptics that receive them? Are they in need of the education that DMT can provide? I will tell you that the seizures that she's had while I've been there have been extremely scary. They're very traumatizing to me, I can only imagine how awful they are for her. I can usually stop freaking out after a half hour or so while she typically has after effects for a day or more. Anyway, thanks for the comment. I'd be interested if you could elaborate a bit.

finding0
#5 Posted : 11/9/2011 10:34:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive had innumerable amount of seizures. I find dmt helps keep them from happening.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

thatmentat
#6 Posted : 11/10/2011 3:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I've read over the years about seizures, they can actually be an experience of pure existential bliss in some cases. I can't remember where but I recall somewhere it was described by a patient as a "cosmical orgasmic experience" which after becoming involved with DMT sounds very familiar to numerous trip reports. Whiteouts(maybe an experience of ClearLight?), disassociation from the body, existential bliss? There are least a lot of similarities depending on the type of seizure being had.

I have also begun to suspect a connection with schizophrenia and DMT related experience. I've been connected to other presences, some urging me to do things. People hearing voices is a common occurrence as well, though I have no personal experience. The similarities stand out more so to me because of a hypothesis I have about DMT. DMT is at least partially a communication force. We all feel that it connects us to other entities. I suspect that it also allows contact with the ourselves of other location of things that are, whether in the future or alternate dimensions. If such things were as I suspect, it's possible that a schizophrenic has their natural DMT functions impaired which allows for DMT "transmissions" to get picked up by their consciousness.

On a less scientific and more speculative matter, I also suspect that accounts of "demonic possession" are some similar occurrence where a persons mind is impaired in a way that allows another entity to control them. Maybe it's a sadistic form of themselves elsewhere in time, maybe its a poor humored alien, maybe its an ethereal emotion manifested into thoughts and actions. I simply suspect that it is their consciousness becoming harmonized with something stronger then them that they shouldn't have merged with.

Just some thoughts.

"We can build an ark of written words, and be resurrected, if the data is recorded."

finding0
#7 Posted : 11/11/2011 3:08:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thatmentat wrote:
From what I've read over the years about seizures, they can actually be an experience of pure existential bliss in some cases. I can't remember where but I recall somewhere it was described by a patient as a "cosmical orgasmic experience" which after becoming involved with DMT sounds very familiar to numerous trip reports. Whiteouts(maybe an experience of ClearLight?), disassociation from the body, existential bliss? There are least a lot of similarities depending on the type of seizure being had.

I have also begun to suspect a connection with schizophrenia and DMT related experience. I've been connected to other presences, some urging me to do things. People hearing voices is a common occurrence as well, though I have no personal experience. The similarities stand out more so to me because of a hypothesis I have about DMT. DMT is at least partially a communication force. We all feel that it connects us to other entities. I suspect that it also allows contact with the ourselves of other location of things that are, whether in the future or alternate dimensions. If such things were as I suspect, it's possible that a schizophrenic has their natural DMT functions impaired which allows for DMT "transmissions" to get picked up by their consciousness.

On a less scientific and more speculative matter, I also suspect that accounts of "demonic possession" are some similar occurrence where a persons mind is impaired in a way that allows another entity to control them. Maybe it's a sadistic form of themselves elsewhere in time, maybe its a poor humored alien, maybe its an ethereal emotion manifested into thoughts and actions. I simply suspect that it is their consciousness becoming harmonized with something stronger then them that they shouldn't have merged with.

Just some thoughts.

Yes, my seizures are actually what got me into hallucinogenic. From age 12 till 21 so far I have had countless seizures that were of profound hallucinations. Sometimes my surroundings wont be recognizable like if I took a hit of dmt.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

Absent Thoughts
#8 Posted : 9/19/2017 8:02:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

finding0 wrote:
Ive had innumerable amount of seizures. I find dmt helps keep them from happening.

23 years old. I've been epileptic since i was 12. Used to have 2-6 seizures within a months time. cannabis would space them out and slightly lower the numbers. But I no longer use it. It's been 11 months since my first dmt experience. only one seizure since then. But it was right after drinking a heavy amount of alcohol. (witch is a trigger, And I was stupid)

ghrue84
#9 Posted : 5/5/2018 1:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absent Thoughts wrote:
finding0 wrote:

23 years old. I've been epileptic since i was 12. Used to have 2-6 seizures within a months time. cannabis would space them out and slightly lower the numbers. But I no longer use it. It's been 11 months since my first dmt experience. only one seizure since then. But it was right after drinking a heavy amount of alcohol. (witch is a trigger, And I was stupid)

How often have you smoked dmt since your first experience? I have a friend who's suffering because of her seizures, and I'm literally hoping that someone recommends me the best medicine for her. She is very scared of what might happen if she continues having seizures.

ghrue84
#10 Posted : 5/5/2018 1:30:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

finding0 wrote:

Can you elaborate on how effectively it helps prevent seizures? Also is there anything else (excluding big pharma drugs) besides dmt that keeps them from happening?