We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to Setup and Dial In a Greenhuouse for Mushroom Cultivation PDF Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 8/25/2013 6:55:57 PM

lettuce

I've been working on setting up a greenhouse for shroom cultivation and documenting it so others could see just how easy it can be.

Started in this thread - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=473452#post473452

It's mostly done and it'd honor me greatly and improve the effort to have comments and constructive criticisms from the beautiful minds here on the Nexus that know their fungus cultivation. I'm certainly no pro, but I did find info as far as how-to's on this plan rather lacking and not terribly definitive. I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks, and much love,

PT
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 8/26/2013 9:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

nice work Pup.

I used one of these with my grows too. I used a cheap humidifier (Vicks?) and hooked it up to a terrarium hygrometer that would make it kick in when the humidity dropped below a certain value. I had to set it up to very high 99% for my shrooms to be happy. The hygrometer with auto "on" of the humidifier really made things easy, and though expensive, if you're going for automation, definitely worth it. It also had a separate circuite for light with a timer.

I never used perlite. the only thing I had to humidify was the humidifier at the very base, and very rarely I'd use a spray bottle for the top trays that were the farthest from the humidifier.

I never used any fans since I'd check up on the shrooms and thus open the whole thing at least once a day, usually twice, and the shrooms seemed ok with that. They looked healthy and grew well without contams or signs of need for air.

I got a tub for the bottom of my greenhouse from the well known sweedish furniture shop that is all over the world by now... perhaps you can find one that fits yours there too.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Pup Tentacle
#3 Posted : 8/27/2013 1:57:46 PM

lettuce

Thanks Enoon!

The auto terrarium hygrometer sounds like a great addition for anyone willing to spend the bread. I'll include it as an alternative in the final version. Thanks again for the input Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Espurrr
#4 Posted : 9/17/2017 8:02:23 AM

hello pup !
thank you for making this PDF
this makes it easy to show anyone what they need for a small mushroom cultivation hobby
very awesome work, do you think there is possibility to make a moar advanced PDF for mushroom greenhouses too?
i currently run a setup with a digital thermostat which allows me to control the temp with a heat pad which is essential if your place is anywhere below 22C
and the automation enoon suggested is also brilliant
i think air circulation can easily be done with a good terrarium air pump too? (fans might be too big to fit into set-ups etc)
anyway, beautiful work! always delighted to see fun-guys grow fungi Razz