We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
[Datura] Germination & Grow Log Options

#41 Posted : 9/15/2017 8:39:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

cave paintings wrote:
tatt wrote:
cave paintings wrote:
Sorry, maybe I'm just high and tired, but what makes you think its a Brugmansia?
I've only seen that spiny, spiky pod you've posted at the beginning of the thread on Datura species.
I skimmed over the past two pages a couple times, maybe I missed something. What Brugmansia species is it supposed to be? Seems like a Datura to me. But I could just be stoned. What Brug species has a spiky pod like that?

Yup you're exactly right, that's my fault, I always lumped brugs and daturas under 'brugmansia, two different genus. The person I got the pod from said brugmansia, though I should've payed more attention to the taxonomic stuffs; seed pods being number one lol.

Guess tatt needs an introductory course on Solanaceae fam IDs Razz Thanks for pointing that out cave paintings. Thumbs up

Haha no problem! I haven't been on my plant game for a while so I was suddenly starting to doubt myself. Looks like Datura inoxia or meteloides I think..
Considering the toxicity issues with these plants, its good to know what's what. Though from what I understand, the alkaloid content varies so much plant to plant and by conditions, that dosing basing on alkaloid concentration may be impractical. I trust you know what you are doing though, and will likely work up from very low doses.
Enjoy and safe travels.
Beautiful plants, and a native to where I'm from originally. Very pungent flowers.

Yeah, definitely not planning on ingesting any part of this plant, I wanted to just grow a couple for the back deck because of how fragrant and beautiful the flowers are. Thumbs up

Yeah they're so beautiful and the smell definitely travels. Cheers cave paintings Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#42 Posted : 9/28/2017 9:41:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Blooming nicely before this seasons over, and that scent..

○ attached the following image(s):
4.jpg (131kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
5.jpg (103kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
photo3.jpg (73kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

Wakinyan
#43 Posted : 6/7/2018 4:00:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura discolor for you
Wakinyan attached the following image(s):
DaturaDiscolor.jpg (87kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
Daturadiscolor4355.jpg (798kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
When I graft you graft we graft

Wakinyan
#44 Posted : 6/7/2018 4:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura wrightii
Wakinyan attached the following image(s):
daturawrightii.jpg (33kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
When I graft you graft we graft

PREV123