We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT low dose for effexor ( venlafaxine) withdrawals? Options

DreaMTripper
#1 Posted : 9/10/2017 2:29:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone any experience with this? Or have found anthing else to be effective? My idea is that it would stimulate 5ht receptors thus compensating for lack of reuptake.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tryptallmine
#2 Posted : 9/11/2017 1:56:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're having withdrawals from Effexor (venlafaxine) or Pristiq (desvenlafaxine), you're best bet is to use over the counter magnesium supplements as directed. It acts as a calcium channel blocker and can ease the withdrawals and associated 'brain zaps'. A slow taper is the easiest way, but there is still discomfort well after you take your last tapered dose. Don't be discouraged if you're still experiencing brain zaps 3 months post. It does appear to get better after the 3 month period depending on the dose you were on.

Pristiq was tolerated considerably better than Effexor, as it is a secondary metabolite of the later. Effexor is not much fun to withdraw from - I personally found it very rough. I'd try and stay away from the illicits if you can and let your brain chemistry adjust accordingly. The more chemicals you send north, the more your body has to work to establish a natural equilibrium of neurotransmitters. I would suggest a tea with thing like skullcap, vervain, chamomile, passionflower etc. They are incredibly soothing and quite sedating - good to quell an over stimulated central nervous system.

PM me and I'll give you some places to buy good tea's of this sort - I think were both in the same country.

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 9/11/2017 4:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info, it's not for me thankfully but interested in what type of magnesium compound and approximate dose? Did you get some sort of 'heavy head' syndrome too? Cheers

Gwn
#4 Posted : 9/11/2017 4:42:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been on Effexor for a month due to stress related anxiety. I found a diet rich in leafy vegetables (specifically broccoli and kale, as well copious exercise to have been effective when coming off. I also take a daily multivitamin which may have contributed to my quick return to normalcy.

Ulim
#5 Posted : 9/11/2017 2:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Anyone any experience with this? Or have found anthing else to be effective? My idea is that it would stimulate 5ht receptors thus compensating for lack of reuptake.

I dont think DMT will help at all.
It will probably make it worse.
Ive never been on any antidepressant and so on but DMT gives me Brain Zaps sometimes.

Tryptallmine
#6 Posted : 9/14/2017 12:51:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Thanks for the info, it's not for me thankfully but interested in what type of magnesium compound and approximate dose? Did you get some sort of 'heavy head' syndrome too? Cheers

I'm not sure about dropping brand names here so I can self moderate after you've read it. Just don't quote it so I can wipe it. These are available in AU.

EN has an off the shelf pack containing powdered magnesium and other trace vitamins and minerals. The other I find better is made by BC which is a 'practitioner only/pharmacist only' powder preparation. It's called Ultra Night Muscleze if my memory serves me correctly. But if you ask nicely at the chemist they will typically give it to you, just mention your naturopath recommended it. You just mix a small scoop provided in the tub with 200ml of water and drink it before bed.

Heavy head, body buzz/electrical feeling, vertigo, brain zaps, nausea, extreme risk taking. Wouldn't take them again as long as I live, more negative side effects than positive.

I hope it helps your friend. I'll check back in a few days and remove the brands.