We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Neverending Hypotheticals Thread Options

Psilosopher?
#1 Posted : 9/1/2017 10:34:43 PM

Don't Panic

So, here's how it works. You answer the hypothetical asked by the Nexian above you. And you follow up with a hypothetical of your own. Let's see how far this rabbit hole goes...

99% of all humans are dead. You are one of the last few people on earth. You're in a library, alone. There's a blizzard outside, and you need to burn books for warmth. Which section do you burn first, and why?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AcidShard
#2 Posted : 9/2/2017 1:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would burn all the books relating to the justice system, crime and punishment, laws, police training manuals, etc.
They will be a lot different in the new world we will start.

If you could have only one drug for the rest of your life, and have a never ending supply of the highest quality,
What would you choose?

strtman
#3 Posted : 9/2/2017 10:16:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely free base DMT.

Just imagine you would be offered the opportunity to spent one full day (twenty-four hours contiguous) in another time period. The rule is that you can only observe and that you are invincible for the people around you. What is your choice? Old Egypt, Dinosaurs, or what ever?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Espurrr
#4 Posted : 9/2/2017 11:02:37 AM

if i can visit anywhere in time it would be anywhere beyond 33 thousand years ago, probably where egypt is now, when the gods ruled

if you had the opportunity to leave your current life, regular relations and job, and your home, in the quest for enlightenment, where would you go and how would you approach your quest?

Psilociraptor
#5 Posted : 9/2/2017 12:32:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
if i can visit anywhere in time it would be anywhere beyond 33 thousand years ago, probably where egypt is now, when the gods ruled

if you had the opportunity to leave your current life, regular relations and job, and your home, in the quest for enlightenment, where would you go and how would you approach your quest?

Earthaven Ecovillage Big grin Spend my life in the dirt and learning the language of the plants

If you were being chased by the federal government and had to hide out in a foreign country where would you go and what would you do?

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 9/4/2017 1:30:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilociraptor wrote:
Espurrr wrote:

Earthaven Ecovillage Big grin Spend my life in the dirt and learning the language of the plants

If you were being chased by the federal government and had to hide out in a foreign country where would you go and what would you do?

I think i would just do what bruce wayne did in 'the dark knight rises'. I would simply stage my own death in the form of a plane crash caused by a hydrogen bomb that terrorists made from a fusion reactor, and then live the good life in italy with some athletic lady burglar.

So, what if you'd find out that your father is satan and you are destined to become the antichrist.....would you kill yourself or rather try to make the best of it?

Wolfnippletip
#7 Posted : 9/4/2017 3:52:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd make the best of it, run for President on a "Yeah, so what if I'm the Antichrist?" platform...no, wait. It's been done.

Choose:

Spend the rest of your life in prison, but you'd be the Boss Dog, in no danger and have all kinds of creature comforts snuck in to you.

or

Spend the rest of your life alone on a Space Ship exploring the Solar System, and you'd never talk to another human being.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

roninsina
#8 Posted : 9/9/2017 9:45:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While space exploration was a childhood dream mine, I must bow to John Donne's, "no man is an island". I imagine there would be a broad enough spectrum of liberties for a Boss Dogg, to minimize the unpleasantries of incarceration. I've spent some considerable time backpacking through deep wildernesses and found the solo time rather bittersweet. I would imagine, the "bitter" would be greatly amplified in the case of a life sentence of solitary space exploration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Achieve total self realization and leave corporeal existence behind forever, right now. OR Live out your current life in the fashion which you are accustomed.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost