We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro Essay Options

Claudia
#1 Posted : 6/17/2017 4:03:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone.

This world is very new to me. I have recently booked a retreat in Peru for Ayahuasca for emotional reasons. I am hoping to learn more about this to make a more informed decision. I am not sure how I feel about this costing so much money as it seems too commercial for actual healing to take place. I may be wrong. I would rather be in a private setting, however this too is foreign to me.

I have suffered a long time with depressive episodes and this was suggested to me several times by travelers I met as well as my psychiatrist. Wondering everyones take on these ceremonies and whether they are necessary as well as alternatives.

Thanks for reading.Very happy

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/17/2017 12:02:50 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello and welcome!

I have never been to a retreat personally so I can't really comment on that. There are a lot of scams out there so do be careful! I don't believe it is necessary to travel across the world to find and begin healing within yourself. However, there is immense potential for healing in a place like that, assuming it is legitimate, so I cannot discount the possible benefits.
Here is some more information on the subject from others on the Nexus, if interested.

I do have a lot of experience with using psychedelics at home though. Mushrooms and cactus are some good alternatives to DMT, mushrooms being particularly close, even on a molecular level. Both are incredibly easy to grow and well worth the time and effort put into it. Mushrooms only take about 6-7 weeks to go from inoculating substrate to the first flush using a multi spore syringe. Cactus are a quite a bit slower growing, of course. Growing your own entheogens helps you build a solid relationship with the plant(s) from birth to ingestion and beyond. This isn't always an option for everyone but it is definitely something to consider.

Some organizations have been doing studies that suggest mushrooms can be used successfully as a treatment for depression. This is not some sort of cure-all of course, but it is another thing to think about. You can read more about it here.

For your first experience (with any psychedelic), if you were to do it at home, it may be wise to have a trusted friend or spouse with you or nearby to act as a sitter. Take special care when it comes to set and setting and plan ahead. Don't have any pressing matters to attend to for at least 24 hours, turn off the cell phone, lock the door, make sure no one will show up unannounced and startle you, have some music that you enjoy playing in the background. Be creative and enjoy yourself!

Anyway, I'm sure others with more experience dealing with Aya retreats will chime in with more details. Hopefully you find some of this information useful! Have a good day!

Peace

Edit: I forgot to mention that brewing your own Ayahuasca at home isn't a difficult process at all either. Start low and build your way up with dosages and be sure not to mix harmalas with any MAIOs or other substances unless they are known to be safe.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

muladharma
#3 Posted : 6/17/2017 1:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome Smile

I'm glad to see that you're researching and trying to make an informed decision, I'm sure the universe will guide you Love

I don't have personal experience with aya retreats, but as The Grateful One said:

The Grateful One wrote:

Anyway, I'm sure others with more experience dealing with Aya retreats will chime in with more details.

Peace

Personally I would feel honored to have this opportunity, I hope everything goes well. Best wishes Very happy
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

Claudia
#4 Posted : 6/18/2017 3:05:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for answering.

Espurrr
#5 Posted : 8/28/2017 10:00:52 PM

hello Big grin
will you be continuing your relationship with ayahuasca after coming back from the retreat?
it would make sense if you'd need to experience it first and then decide, but if you are planning on that already i think the potential for ayahuasca made in your kitchen and consumed in your back yard is immense <3

Erik
#6 Posted : 8/29/2017 7:59:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Claudia wrote:
I am not sure how I feel about this costing so much money as it seems too commercial for actual healing to take place. I may be wrong. I would rather be in a private setting, however this too is foreign to me.

I have suffered a long time with depressive episodes and this was suggested to me several times by travelers I met as well as my psychiatrist.

Hello :-)

Well, there should be options to take Ayahuasca in your country. Just check the mayor cities in your country for options.

Ayahuasca may not be compatible with certain anti-depressants. As far as I know, smoked DMT is compatible with certain anti-depressants. Check this out:

http://www.ayahuasca.com...eds-to-avoid-with-maois/

If there are no local options to take Ayahuasca: extracting and smoking DMT is pretty inexpensive, compared to travelling around the globe.

Loveall
#7 Posted : 9/6/2017 5:49:50 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi, not sure if you've gone through the ceremony yet, if so hope it went great. There is a lot of info out there. One thing I find interesting is The psychedelic salon has some podcasts on the subject. These are for informational purposes, the speakers seem to know what they are doing but I can't say that they are 100% right and it's good that you are consulting with your caregiver as you mentioned in other posts. Anyway in case you find these podcasts interesting here they go:

https://psychedelicsalon.com/podcast-089-ayahuasca-diet-rituals-and-powers/

https://psychedelicsalon.com/podcast-101-ayahuasca-adventure/

https://psychedelicsalon.com/podcast-164-mckenna-some-thoughts-about-ayahuasca/

The comments and supporting material are also interesting (well at least for me Embarrased ). Hope all goes well in your travels trough space and consciousness.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Rivaq's Matilda
#8 Posted : 9/7/2017 8:13:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I were in your shoes, I would do as much research as possible about all the retreats in Peru. I would quite likely choose one such as the Temple of the Way of the Light, which is centrally located nearby Iquitos, and carries a positive reputation, both among Westerners and among locals. There are many female Curandero who work there, who have let their singing be recorded and uploaded into youtube. So rather than accept my advice, you could let their singing speak for itself. Perhaps their songs can give you a better indication than any words typed online might, about what kind of interaction and inter-relationships might occur, between yourself and the Curandero who provide Ayahuasca. Will your depression lift? Will that change be permanent or temporary? Nobody can answer this for you. However this link might help you understand your own need to research your trajectory into Peru before travelling.
a mother a daughter a lover of life, an exorcist of addictions if ere in need of the strife, and at bottom line a wife, I might well be a bore, yet have no doubt, I stand among the poor, and beg not what for, that hat hath at, nobody's mind fell too flat

Claudia
#9 Posted : 9/9/2017 2:45:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did end up going to Peru. It was a valuable experience. Thank you for all the responses.
I brought home San Pedro , a small bag bought in the Belen market. My facilitator said I would get benefit from microdosing. I wonder if any of you know the full dose of the powder , and what a microdose would be? I have taken a teaspoon every morning upon returning, (3 days) it calms me down and takes some emotional pain away. However, I'd like to know if I'm taking the correct amount and for how long.