We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ac. Acuminata ID? Options

EntitySeeker
#1 Posted : 7/17/2017 2:32:50 PM

:)

Hi, I'd like to get an ID on this Acacia..

Time of photo: Today / Mid-July
Location: Perth hills, bordering native bushland (not very deep, can almost see the city from top of this hill)

Apologies for the zoomed out pic of the tree being a bit ambiguous. I believe it's actually two or more trees growing together densely.

If it's Acuminata I plan on harvesting phyllodes from a branch that has already fallen - I'd like to avoid taking bark or causing any damage.

Thanks in advance!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/aurW8Ok.jpg" alt=""/>

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

EntitySeeker
#2 Posted : 7/24/2017 10:24:07 AM

Another Acacia, this one from a different spot.. much more accessible to me. I don't think it's Acuminata as the phyllodes are very broad and I feel like they're a bit dark too. Would still welcome the opinion of anyone who knows their stuff! Pleased

Time of photo: Yesterday / Late-July

grollum
#3 Posted : 7/25/2017 12:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the flowers of both look quite similar. So the colordifference of the phyllodes are maybe only becouse of different environment situations?

Emptiness
#4 Posted : 7/26/2017 6:11:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Acacia Ac. comes in a variety of narrow and broad phylodes. I used to live in your area but am now based to the east coast. I usually harvested broad leaf variety as I like the look and feel of them more (plus more surface area and thickness = more alkaloids per phylode). In your case you are unfortunately not in the official band for accuminatas. There is a map on here and google searches that show it to you. I have found elongated flowers like that in the city (very rare find as most of them are circular yellow balls) and did a mini-extraction and results were 0%. You could easily just take a handful of leaves and do a mini-a/b and evap the naphtha, if there is that plasticy smell then you are good to go, but if I were you, take the half an hour trip from where you are right now, out through the national park and in to farming country so that you are certain (unlikely to find false positives in that area).

Koornut
#5 Posted : 7/26/2017 8:38:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It might be worthwhile going for a drive out past Toodyay or Northam for narrow phyllode acuminata, anywhere where the wheat crops pop up.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Emptiness
#6 Posted : 7/26/2017 12:02:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Koornut wrote:
It might be worthwhile going for a drive out past Toodyay or Northam for narrow phyllode acuminata, anywhere where the wheat crops pop up.

Why narrow? Is there some benefit over broad variety that I missed in the comment above yours? Better yields?

EntitySeeker
#7 Posted : 7/28/2017 11:56:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes, those Acacias with the circular yellow flowers are absolutely everywhere!

grollum wrote:
the flowers of both look quite similar. So the colordifference of the phyllodes are maybe only becouse of different environment situations?

I'm hoping you're correct but I really can't be sure, as Emptiness stated there are acacias with elongated flowers that yield nothing. If I don't find anything more convincing in the next few weeks I'll run a test on those two plants and report back.

Koornut wrote:

I've had two expeditions to Northam so far and haven't found anything resembling Acuminata.. perhaps I need to go further out into the wheat belt?

Emptiness wrote:
Why narrow? Is there some benefit over broad variety that I missed in the comment above yours? Better yields?

I believe that the narrow phyllode variety has a greater concentration of DMT by weight, and are also purer (broad-leaf has potentially unwanted tryptamines). I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a narrow phyllode variety but haven't come across any yet.

Source: this thread (compare first 2 pics); https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27722

Emptiness
#8 Posted : 7/29/2017 5:34:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

EntitySeeker wrote:

I'm hoping you're correct but I really can't be sure, as Emptiness stated there are acacias with elongated flowers that yield nothing. If I don't find anything more convincing in the next few weeks I'll run a test on those two plants and report back.

Yes, that is in the city only. Every elongated acacia I found out northam way the country yielded something (always). I think the elongated flower acacia in the city could have been acacia auriculiformis or something like that.

EntitySeeker wrote:

I've had two expeditions to Northam so far and haven't found anything resembling Acuminata.. perhaps I need to go further out into the wheat belt?

Mate, that is like saying you went to Amsterdam and you couldn't find any weed. About 70% of the trees in that area are acacia accuminatas. That is not a hyperbole. If you drive there in Spring season, the roads are just lines of yellow. I am dead serious about that. I always found hunting for narrow variety extremely difficult because they look so similar to peppermint trees or similar trees, however, in spring it is a no brainier, you just look for the long yellow flowers and it is a winner.

I would also be interested in finding out weather DMT content stays the same throughout the seasons because if you look at the thread you supplied the broad was harvested mid winter and the narrow was harvested mid-summer.

Also, it can be hard to know what you have sometimes they look quite similar:

I would say burkitti looks more like pine needles and narrow leaf looks like this:

The weird thing is that I have seen burkitti and narrow leaf growing out of one tree many times, they are like hybrids. Very strange but I have seen it lots.

I guess the key thing is that the broad leaf or (typical varients) tends to have phyllodes that curve, while narrow has straight phyllodes.

The narrow leaf variety might look something like this (kind of roundish and IME usually tall compared to broad leaf which grows sideways etc.):

This can also make it hard to obtain branches or leafs as you might have to climb it.

It seems from other peoples threads that it looks like this but I am skeptical as it is such a close comparison:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=431195#post431195

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=821858#post821858

how about this one? Pretty similar right? Which one is it? lol

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...&m=815462#post815462

Narrow? No. "looks like Acuminata - but the broad leaf variety, which seem to have a bit of a white dusty edge sometimes too. The thin leaf Amcuminata has needle like phyllodes (like a thick green pine needle!) "

and if you look on the next page there is a gold mine of some guys info. Narrow leaf shouldn't be longer than 4mm according to this paper

limolords wrote:
complete acuminada pdf

on a lighter note,
western australia still has huge amount of acuminadas all over the place.
nubies still just go to those aras around york and toodjay and northam now because it is only
1 hour out of perth, relativly close considering the size of the growing range of acuminadas in wa.
they grow all the way from geraldton , 400km north of perth , all the way down to 100 ks south east of perth , and all the way out to kalgoolie 600 km east of perth and far beyond.
pretty much 1 unbroken acaia forest,
and thy have been there for hundreds of millions of years

and in that area millions of square kms there are ,
6 main sub spieces of acacia acuminada ,
and up to 64 genetic varients and cross pollinations.!!!

WOW yes most people have no idea how many trees there are really are out there.
so there is no fucken excuse for stripping tree at all ever for any fucken reason.
there are 10s of thousands of fallen over trees and broken branches every ware.
you only have to pick the braches of the ground and still fresh enough to use ,
no wories..

and besides that ,
the phylodes have a higher content in them anyway for most of the year,
so you only need to take literaly a handfull of each tree,!!!
and as acuminada is the highest yealding dmt acacis in australia .
all you need in one kg of dried phylodes at 1.2-1.4% to get 10 to 14 grams.
more than enough for everyone if havested susstainably.

anyway ill post again soon.
goin to the beach for a surf.

susstainabillity is the only way to go forwarsd for us.

and jetflux.!

the needle poin acuminada you mentioned,
actualy isnt thin phylode acuminada,
thin phylode acuminada looks pretty much identical to broad leaf acuminada but a smaller version and the phylodes are only a few millimeters thiner than broad phylode acuminada.
with slightly longer minute hairs on the edges of the phylodes than the hairs on broad leaf acuminada.!

the one that has the needle point phylodes is called acacia burkitii.
which is one of the of the 7 varients of acacia acuminada.
there are 3 varients of acacia burkitii.!

acacia acuminada/burkitii variant 1
acacia acuminada/burkitii variant 2
both of which look almost identical to
acacia acuminada thin phylode varient
exept that where the thin phylode acuminada get sparcly spread out as
it streches out in to the more arid zones then the
acacia acuminada/burkitii variants 1 and 2 take over and stretch out into the desert.
and acacia burkitii ever grows as far east as western new south wales,
around burk and broken hill.!!!

yes thats right, you dont even have to go all
the way to western australia,!
you can get acuminadas,or shoud i say
acacia burkitii in large ares of nsw and south australia.
and yes they to are highly active with large
alkaloid contents as well..

its interesting to note about anastimisation,
that there is a direct relationship
between the loose or tight spacing of the anstimisation in the phylodes,
in the different dmt containing spieces of acacias,
and the actual levels of dmt alkloids in the different spieces.!

the way it goes is ,
the larger spacing of the anastimisation the lower the dmt alkaloid content,
in such spieces like acacia obtuifolia,
which has cosderably less dmt content say from .4 to .9,
and somtimes up to 1% .
and have quite large anasimisation spacing paterns.

where as
acacia courtii has much tighter anastimisation paterns
and is a solid 1% in winter and most of the year.

where as acacia acuminada in all varients,
has such tight anastimisation paterns that
even when held up to the sun in verry dificult
to see at all.!

verry interesting observation actualy.
as who would even notice somthing like that exept humans?
must be meant to be i think!

so there you go people.
the acuminada report that i have posted above,

will give you everything you could ever
possibly need or want to know about acacia acuminada
and all its varients.
it was compiled as a reserch study for the sandlwood industry.
as acacia acuminada is the host spieces for the westaustralian
sandlwood tree.
the sandlwood tree is a parisite spieces that feed of the acuminada tree.
interesting hey.!

thats a bit of dence reading for all you
acaciafiles.
hope you all find what you are looking for in there
there are some cool color photos too.

PEACE OUT

OM MANI PADME HUM

ACUMINADA DREAMING
DOWNUNDER

LIMOLORDS

limolords wrote:
yes mate that is definatly acuminada.
broard leaf.!
the phylodes of broad leak are quite tricky to work with!
the gold standard of acuminada is the thin phylode acuminada.
quite a bit smaller tree and the phylodes are far superier for extracting and are perfect AAA
for ayahuasca brews.
and yes you do realy need to basify to about 12 or 13ph.
acuminada is a strange acacia extraction and yeald wise.!
this time of year is the lowest point for alkaloid content.
which is quite strange considering that on the east coast this is the peak of
the alkaloid content season for obtucifolia and courtii and most
outher dmt containing acacias.!
the bark of the broad phylode acuminada will have .7-.9 at this time of the year.
and the verry peak of the season is around late october.
notice the curved tips of the phylodes ,
and look closely at the edges of the phylodes as the have verry tiny hairs on them.
best to use a magnifying glass to get a good look at them.
the phylodes could have as little as .2 up to .7% right now depending on rainfall
and soil type in the area where you found them.
i personally would not bother trying to do an extraction on those particular spieces
of acuminada at this time of the year.!
but would be a good experiment for you to try and see wat comes out.
but the bark will be beauitful .!
you should be able to collect some fallen branches easily around that area,
and if you look at the flower buds of your specimens.
they are quite small , and the main reason that acuminada is so low in alkaoid at this time of year as far as we have been able to dissern compared to the east coast acacias at this time of year,
is that they seem to put all there energy into flowering and neglect growth in the rest of the tree incase there is not much rain over the summer,
they seem to put all of there energy into flowereing and seeding.
ITS ALL ABOUT THE WATER!!!
if you notice while you are driving around the area that most of the bigger trees are on the
side of the road,!!!
that is because of the water run off to the furrows on the side of the road.!
even though that area has gotten a fair bit of rain in the past few years ,somtimes it
is extremly dry for a long time .
they are extremly drought resistant, and if they are not growing in the valleys or on the sides of the roads than they are growing out of the grannet outcrops where they can get
water or moisture from the rocks.!
if you have alook at my post under the introduction essays.
under the heading . dmt no caustic no solvent,
you will find a verry extencive pdf about all spieces of acuminada, and where to find all the different sub spieces so you wont have to stess about identification .!
the thin phylode acuminada is the gold bro.!!!
and the phylodes are pretty much pure dmt.
and can be up to 1.4-5% in late october all the way through summer.
it seems to be the heat stress in the dryer months that trigger the high dmt yealds.!i hpe that answers you id questions and then some.

LIMOLORDS

ACUMINADA DREAMING

WESTCOSTThumbs up

EntitySeeker
#9 Posted : 8/31/2017 2:20:10 PM

Thanks heaps Emptiness for all the info!

When I looked in winter couldn't distinguish the acuminatas at all. Now approaching Spring and wow, they're absolutely everywhere! Literally whole forests of them Big grin Like you've said, impossible to miss.

I don't think I'll bother running a tek on the original specimens I posted. The phyllodes don't seem quite right, and the bark colour is a strange, smooth red (which doesn't compare to the more rough and greyish tones of Wheatbelt acuminata).

Thanks again for all the feedback. Out of curiousity Emptiness; what was your preferred tek for acuminata? I tried Earthwalkers tek recently but was unsuccessful (I think human error on my behalf when pulling). I'm planning on trying the tek again soon.

Emptiness
#10 Posted : 9/9/2017 5:13:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

EntitySeeker wrote:
Thanks heaps Emptiness for all the info!

When I looked in winter couldn't distinguish the acuminatas at all. Now approaching Spring and wow, they're absolutely everywhere! Literally whole forests of them Big grin Like you've said, impossible to miss.

I don't think I'll bother running a tek on the original specimens I posted. The phyllodes don't seem quite right, and the bark colour is a strange, smooth red (which doesn't compare to the more rough and greyish tones of Wheatbelt acuminata).

Thanks again for all the feedback. Out of curiousity Emptiness; what was your preferred tek for acuminata? I tried Earthwalkers tek recently but was unsuccessful (I think human error on my behalf when pulling). I'm planning on trying the tek again soon.

That's ok mate, i was hoping someone would chime in with some photos of the gold standard AKA narrow phyllode variety but I think I know the one as once I stumbled across a narrow phyllode plantation out that I collected seeds from(weird that someone would make a plantation of that speciesWut? ). Remember that the regular acacia only has .05% or less... Sometimes I got 0.1% so you will have to do a bulk extraction. I used lextek as it is australian and deals with 2kg at a time, but after a while you dont need to follow teks because you just know what you are doing. Try buying a really really good blender for starters, after a garden mulcher (if u are doing bark). Blend it with water in it, maybe handful or two at a time. Buy a big crockpot Pleased Otherwise if you dont want to deal with bulk then try and source the narrow phyllode... and then post gps co-ordinates... haha just kidding.