We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
E-Cig: Amazing Atomizer - Divine Crossing v3 Options

starway6
#21 Posted : 8/29/2017 2:57:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

could a MAOI in the form of..[ caapi or rue extract].. be vaped in the devine crossing V3 with the spice.. or atleast just before vaping the spice?

I guess the question is can the Devine crossing V3 get hot enough to reach maoi vape temps?

if it could.. that would color the trip more.. and make it a vaporawaska experiance and slow the pace down and make it more navagatable...compaired to a sudden blast off with straight spice...

I like a slowed down and highly colorfull managable trip...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

skoobysnax
#22 Posted : 8/29/2017 6:28:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
could a MAOI in the form of..[ caapi or rue extract].. be vaped in the devine crossing V3 with the spice.. or atleast just before vaping the spice?

I guess the question is can the Devine crossing V3 get hot enough to reach maoi vape temps?

if it could.. that would color the trip more.. and make it a vaporawaska experiance and slow the pace down and make it more navagatable...compaired to a sudden blast off with straight spice...

I like a slowed down and highly colorfull managable trip...

For this effect you can do sublingual harmalas (21mg is my sweet spot) The vaporization temp of harmalas is to high not to burn your spice.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

starway6
#23 Posted : 8/30/2017 12:34:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For this effect you can do sublingual harmalas (21mg is my sweet spot) The vaporization temp of harmalas is to high not to burn your spice. [/quote]

actually it may be best to drink some cappi tea before vaping the spice just curious about the posibility of vaping harmalas...

my new .. [EVIC VTC] mod...will reach high as 600 degrees.. and is wattage and temperature adjustable.....

im going to try the devine crossing v3 soon...

ducdevil
#24 Posted : 8/30/2017 8:49:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

one variable that has not been discussed as far as i've seen so far...the consistency of the spice and the nature of it.

white, fluffy spice as we know melts quite readily and i think the previously mentioned "tek" for using the DTV3 works quite well for the beautiful white xtals.

i tried using it with the suggested settings with some rather waxy yellow spice. it is quite potent and in the GVG it is just perfect. yet, using the settings suggested, the spice barely melted and i could not get it to produce enough vapor for even a mild experience. quite frustrating. after 30 minutes or so i grabbed the trusty GVG and was on my way...a sure-fire experience. always.

this thicker, heavier oily spice would need much more heat and power. the next morning i played around to see what temp/wattage might work for this. it was hard to find a sweet spot; as soon as it began to melt, i could tell it was starting to burn.

last thing: for me, a journey with DMT is a very special event that requires some preparation, meditation and intention. i really dislike the wondering if it is going to work. i don't really like going through all the emotional prep for set and setting only to be let down with a failed attempt. that is just me. when i sit/lay down to voyage, i want to know that the method will indeed work. where i'm taken is, of course, always a mystery, but at least with the GVG i know i'll get there. or somewhere. there's comfort in that.

any tips or ideas for the waxy spice?

cheers

starway6
#25 Posted : 9/1/2017 1:37:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
one variable that has not been discussed as far as i've seen so far...the consistency of the spice and the nature of it.

white, fluffy spice as we know melts quite readily and i think the previously mentioned "tek" for using the DTV3 works quite well for the beautiful white xtals.

i tried using it with the suggested settings with some rather waxy yellow spice. it is quite potent and in the GVG it is just perfect. yet, using the settings suggested, the spice barely melted and i could not get it to produce enough vapor for even a mild experience. quite frustrating. after 30 minutes or so i grabbed the trusty GVG and was on my way...a sure-fire experience. always.

this thicker, heavier oily spice would need much more heat and power. the next morning i played around to see what temp/wattage might work for this. it was hard to find a sweet spot; as soon as it began to melt, i could tell it was starting to burn.

last thing: for me, a journey with DMT is a very special event that requires some preparation, meditation and intention. i really dislike the wondering if it is going to work. i don't really like going through all the emotional prep for set and setting only to be let down with a failed attempt. that is just me. when i sit/lay down to voyage, i want to know that the method will indeed work. where i'm taken is, of course, always a mystery, but at least with the GVG i know i'll get there. or somewhere. there's comfort in that.

any tips or ideas for the waxy spice?

cheers

Ive been hearing nothing but good news about the DTV3..even waxy spice.. why do you think it cant handle the waxier spice?

If more heat is needed that shouldnt be too hard to find with the DTV3 considering most are only using 35 watts that could be increased ...

I do really think that atomizers have a way to go yet.. and need more research and redesign...

I think a new atomizer with a highly heat reflective inner chamber could solve the need for more heat...
we need someone to invent a super atomizer that will work great for most any thing that will vaporize...

starway6
#26 Posted : 9/1/2017 1:53:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

one example of improved ceramic design ?

maybe could be aplyed in some wat to an atomizer?

New Glass-Ceramic Massively Improves Heat Radiation Reflection
www.ceramicsexpousa.com/...roves-heat-radiation-...
Apr 13, 2017 - Throughout intensive testing, the coating retained its high reflective ... to the depth of the heating chamber and the size of the fire viewing panel.

nonononono
#27 Posted : 9/1/2017 2:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
New Glass-Ceramic Massively Improves Heat Radiation Reflection
www.ceramicsexpousa.com/...roves-heat-radiation-...

I think you accidentally the URL:
http://www.ceramicsexpou...at-radiation-reflection/

some one
#28 Posted : 9/1/2017 11:26:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I've mentioned this.

Here:
Quote:
I find this device works best with clean spike. Impurities will accumulate behind and cause the hits that follow to get rougher.

And here:
Quote:
After starting with very white (pure) dmt derived from a fasa + conversion tek, I (+ friends) tried the device +10 times with some relatively yellowish oily mhrb naphtha extract. Some oil condensed on the walls and some came under the donut. However, none blocked the airholes. So... not need to fear airhole blockage. But... Clean DMT is preferred as this vapes faster /easier and leaves no residue. In my opinion the DMT gets vaped while the oils with higher boiling points stay behind (like with distillation).

Quote:
it was hard to find a sweet spot; as soon as it began to melt, i could tell it was starting to burn.

Are you pre-melting at 200F?

I agree that this device works best on white spice. For me it also worked on yellowish spice, less good though. Maybe the spice you had was even oilier. Also, for me the GVG takes a lot of concentration to use. But I'm not super skilled as some are. When using the DCv3, I know it will be successful and due to minimal effort I enter with a relaxed state of mind.

It's kinda like a modern car engine which runs on 0W-30 oil. 10W-40 oil (fine for older cars) destroys it. The GVG is an indestructible 1980's Benz, feed it whatever oild or gas quality and it will survive, but do hold two hands on the steering wheel on the fast lane. The DCv3 is like a new model with dynamic cruise control which you can drive 100mph with one finger on the wheel. But feed it the wrong oil/fuel and it ain't happy. Excuse my creativity.. Summary: for very oily dmt, this might not be the best option. But a good clean-up tek is worth it.
some = one | here = some | there = one

some one
#29 Posted : 9/3/2017 3:23:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: Optimized the technique and settings.

Had a smoking session with 10 friends. Worked perfect. Everyone was pleased and amazed.

Optimizations:
- optional: pre-load with 30 mg sublingual harmalas
- optional: snuff a dose of rape (sniffing tobacco) (*1)
- Load 40-50 mg DMT into the device (inexperienced users start with 30 mg) (*2)
- scrape the dmt from in middle hole onto the donut ring using a small object (*3)
- pre-melt all dmt at 200F onto the donut by pulsing (*4)
- set power to 310F 32W
- first inhalation: inhale until 10 sec shut down, release and repress fire button, keep on inhaling until lungs are full (*5)
- hold breath +10 sec. advice: hold nose closed with fingers (*6)
- increase temp to 330F (*7)
- 2nd inhalation: repeat as before
- hold breath repeat as before, you should have everything in.
- inhale a 3th time (optional) (*8 )
- enjoy

*1: Rape gets you in a focused and appropriate state of mind and ready for the experience.
*2: 30 mg is sufficient, but 40 mg gets you further. For me and some others 50mg is the sweat spot. Use 50 mg in the second round.
*3 Powder in the middle hole won't vape optimally.
*4 Pre-melting is a must. Disables inhaling powder. Enables fast and efficient vaporization
*5: With smaller lung capacity, stop inhaling at the 10 second shut down.
*6: Exhaling everything in one time releases smoke and wastes dmt. Instead, exhale 1/4 lung capacity, inhale full of air again, repeat 1-2x, fully exhale. inhaling fresh bursts of air prior fully exhaling enables more (all) dmt to get absorbed into the lungs.
*7: 330F for the first inhalation is a bit too high. 310F for the second inhalation is a bit to low. Best is to start with 310F and end with 330F.
*8: If you can't inhale past the 10sec mark, you may try to inhale a 3th time to make sure you got all in. After each session check that the donut is dry. If it's not some dmt has not been smoked.

Notes:
We used yellowish dmt extracted with naphtha without clean up tek. Smoking went fine without any complications. After the first round of 10 people, dark orange residue piled up at the sides and under the donut. I took the device apart and cleaned it with 96% ethanol. With white spice this would not be needed. Continued with a clean device for the second round.

Had an awesome experience on 50 mg the second turn. Hard to explain but entities entertaining me with this framework spectacle surrounding me. In the beginning the colors were grayish and you could see the room and them behind it as if they were still setting it up. I was told to focus in it and not them. Then the colors shifted. A work of art growing in complexity for me to observe. Magnificent.

Update: Forgot to mention a crucial tip we learned: don't inhale too soft or strong. Inhale sufficiently fast without forcing air through the inlets (fast enough but comfortable). This enables the amount of air flow the device was optimized for. Inhaling very softly risks getting the spice hotter than desired. Hot dmt causes hasher vapor and harder to handle experiences. Inhaling too strongly uses too much unnecessary lung force. This can leave you feeling out of breath. Don't worry, its simpler than it sounds.

skoobysnax
#30 Posted : 9/7/2017 5:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

Update: Forgot to mention a crucial tip we learned: don't inhale too soft or strong. Inhale sufficiently fast without forcing air through the inlets (fast enough but comfortable). This enables the amount of air flow the device was optimized for. Inhaling very softly risks getting the spice hotter than desired. Hot dmt causes hasher vapor and harder to handle experiences. Inhaling too strongly uses too much unnecessary lung force. This can leave you feeling out of breath. Don't worry, its simpler than it sounds.

Yes this. I finally used my new DC V3 with the Eleaf Pico. Smoalked the better part of 45mg white spice after a changa warm-up. Brilliant device. Had one of the best experiences ever tonight. I think I see a protocol forming.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

DreaMTripper
#31 Posted : 9/8/2017 1:54:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Encouraging to see such progress for ecigs these look very cool. I have a question. Can these be fitted to a bog standard 510 aspire cf vv battery?

OrionFyre
#32 Posted : 9/8/2017 6:41:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Encouraging to see such progress for ecigs these look very cool. I have a question. Can these be fitted to a bog standard 510 aspire cf vv battery?

It's a standard atomizer connection. As long as your mod can put out the watts and preferably has a temperature control mode for nickel then you can use it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

DreaMTripper
#33 Posted : 9/9/2017 6:30:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OrionFyre wrote:
DreaMTripper wrote:

It's a standard atomizer connection. As long as your mod can put out the watts and preferably has a temperature control mode for nickel then you can use it.

Ok cheers, thats the thing I have no idea if it can. I've read some use a bog standard vv and pulse it to heat the donut.

some one
#34 Posted : 6/14/2018 10:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to update: people I know also purchased the DCv3. Not all their experiences are successful. Some have harsh hits (same temp settings as mine). Others are not able to finish in 3 hits. Not sure why this is. Maybe fluctuations in coil quality? Or in the modboxes? I'm really disappointed because I had high hopes for this device, which seems to work fine for me, but not everyone..

Anyone else have issues with harsh smoke and not finishing 30-40mg in 3 hits?

Cheers

ducdevil
#35 Posted : 6/14/2018 3:35:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just thought i'd add the element that nixed this device from my collection:

i found it annoying and frustrating that after taking the first hit (regardless of dose placed inside), whatever was left over on the donut kept releasing vapor since the heat does not dissipate quickly. this filled the space around me with un-inhaled vapor which i found distracting, not to mention the amount of waste.

i like to try every new device mentioned here on the Nexus since i (aren't we all?) am always on the quest for the newest, best-est method.

yet...

still - nothing (for me) tops the GVG for its efficiency, ease and beauty of design.

e-juice is close, but not knowing how large my dose will be places it as my second favorite launch method.

SpiceyMeatball
#36 Posted : 6/16/2018 3:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Anyone else have issues with harsh smoke and not finishing 30-40mg in 3 hits?

Yes, was having the same problem. Always left a glaze on the donut, just couldn't finish it even at high temps.

Have you taken out the donut to look how much residue is in the cup? Mine had a bunch built up below. It works, but it wastes for sure.

We've actually been talking about this on another post, have you tried the quartz quest?
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

obliguhl
#37 Posted : 6/16/2018 8:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sad you are having problems Sad
But how do you know the residues are actually actives?
Could very well be plant oils not containing any DMT at all.
I did not notice a difference in harshness between this ROA and any other decent vaping methods. The main problem i have is not seeing the vapor, i think i prefer to vape everything and THEN take the hit. But besides that, its a nice ROA still imho Smile

SpiceyMeatball
#38 Posted : 6/16/2018 2:07:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
But how do you know the residues are actually actives?

I wish we knew about the residue.... but so far it hasn't tasted too great for me. especially if you try to vape what is below the donut....
Everything posted here are the rantings of a crazy guy who lives close by. This is his story. Not really sure what he's saying but maybe you all can make sense of it.......

some one
#39 Posted : 6/19/2018 11:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the main issue is that you need to inhale at the correct speed. If you inhale very slowly, you end up with burned residue. All the hits that follow will be crap. That's why it worked for me and people who are naturally good at vaping, but not for other who sort of get confused and inhale very slowly. Meaning, make sure to teach your friends to vape properly and IPA wash the device if it goes wrong.

All in all this device works! Just not monkey proof, is all Smile

obliguhl
#40 Posted : 6/23/2018 11:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think the main issue is that you need to inhale at the correct speed.

Same problem with devices like the classic Vaporgenie.
Perhaps some sort of adapter could be fashioned for the Divine crossing, allowing you to see when vaporization actually starts. Some transparent plastic tubing maybe?

PREV1234NEXT