We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
To Filter or Not to Filter Precipitates in Shroom Tincture? Options

Psychedelic Energy
#1 Posted : 9/1/2017 5:46:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I 've made a shroom tincture from 20 grams dry.

I did it in two batches, ground up 10grams and soak in 95% alcohol for about a day, I then pour this off into a jar of another 10grams. I did 3 soaks using fresh alcohol in the first 10grams, then pouring that in to the second jar of 10grams to concentrate it and have less to reduce (alcohol is quite expensive where I live, so I like to try to conserve it a bit).

After straining and filtering I am left with 50ml's of beautiful clear caramel coloured tincture. So I then proceed with putting a fan over it to reduce it to 20ml, as it reduces the proteins, sugar, ect precipitate out, and there was even some oil residue on top which upon swirling the tincture clumped up in to small yellow blobs of wax.

So what I want to know is it worth leaving the precipitates and wax in?

From my understanding these are just extra junk from the shrooms, but do they pull some Psilocybin/Psilocin with it?
Or do they even add there own qualitative aspects to the extract?

Just wanted to see if anyone has noticed any difference from filtering it out, compared to left in. This may be something that needs a little testing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mindlusion
#2 Posted : 9/1/2017 1:38:55 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Considering your extract is very concentrated, (20g in 50mL) if you were to pour off the alcohol layer, the goo and waxes are still going to retain a fair amount of the ethanol, and so some of the alkaloids as well. You could pour off, add a bit of fresh ethanol to the waxes, (wash them) then add that back to your extract, but that might defeat the purpose entirely, diluting the extract, and possibly redissolving the waxes.

If you don't want to lose any yield, you should consider leaving them in. And store in the freezer! Smile
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Psychedelic Energy
#3 Posted : 9/5/2017 4:47:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It wasn't a large amount of wax, it started out as a film of oil on top of the alcohol and when I swirled everything up they clumped up in to blobs of wax. So it was just small amounts of yellow/brown wax. I'm mainly talking about the white precipitates in the solution (which I would also presume to be waxy too) that people use to believe was Psilocybin precipitating out, that all started from the whole Crystals of the Gods tek.

When it first came about most people were just leaving it in and taking the tincture as such, then later others were filtering it out and dosing as such, only to find the white precipitates were not active.

I know there would be small amounts of alkaloids attached to the white stuff, but enough to notice a difference in effect? Does the white stuff cause more nausea or body load? Maybe...

I'm just someone who likes to have a nice clean looking extract, especially with tinctures, to have that clear golden tincture with no floaters. But I guess if no one really knows I'll just have to experiment myself, try it on two separate occasions, one filtered, and one not.

I also like to try and find a way to make the shrooms less nauseating and heavy, as my wife is one who usually purges on them.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 9/6/2017 6:29:16 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Have you considered a simple mushroom tea with ginger/peppermint/lemon balm or any of your favorite soothing herbs? Works well to avoid nausea for some (including me).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Psychedelic Energy
#5 Posted : 9/7/2017 12:50:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Have you considered a simple mushroom tea with ginger/peppermint/lemon balm or any of your favorite soothing herbs? Works well to avoid nausea for some (including me).

Yeah tea is my usual preparation method, I have it with lemon juice, peppermint and honey. I also always have a jar of fresh ginger blended with honey to keep it preserved and a take a tablespoon or so of that before my tea, and this works very well for nausea.
Even with ginger some people like my wife are more susceptible to nausea and doesn't always work for her.

I'm always curious about trying different methods and tinctures are fun to make, also to have a easy way to administer when you don't want to make tea, or for a easy re-dose if you're not where you want to be.