We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
323om323's intro essay Options

323om323
#1 Posted : 8/19/2017 11:35:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians.
It is my understanding that an introduction essay is highly recommended for new members.
So here's mine :

I am an Organic chemist by education. Have been doing custom synth, analysis and tech development for the last 10 years under my own firm.
Some 7 years ago I shifted my attention to natural products. Have been working with algae and medicinal herbs. In the last 5 years, Ive been immersed in cannabis chemistry - extraction, isolation of purified components (cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, lipids).

I have had a fascination with ethnobotany and phytochemistry since I was a kid. Actually this fascination is what drove me to study chemistry.

In the last couple of years, business was good and allowed me to concentrate on my interests - entheogenic plants and their medicinal values.
Recently, I have decided to found a private research facility, as a non-profit organization, aimed at researching the activities and active ingredients of ethnobotanically important plants.

Some friends have suggested I should register here and share my work and research themes, and maybe find like minds.

So here I am... All registered and sharing Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Godsmacker
#2 Posted : 8/20/2017 4:05:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shalom, my Hebrew Brother! Welcome to The Nexus. I gave you a great big up-vote, and hope that the rest of the community follows-suit!

What is the name of your upcoming non profit phytochemical research organization? Our community is deeply devoted to entheogenic plant research (even as a new member, you have the privilege of posting in the research section---it's a great resource when it comes to phytochemical extraction, analysis and research into entheogenic organisms of all shapes, sizes, kingdoms and species.

I am happy to see that you're on the Nexus, too! I hope you'll find our research sub-forums to interesting and useful for you and your purposes (we really need more well-trained organic/analytical chemists who can help us out with phytochemical characterization of tragically under-researched species around here, yourself DEFINITELY included).

We need more chemists for phytochemical analysis for small nitrogenous alkaloids of interest (e.g. beta carbolines, tryptamines, phenylethylamines, etc.) on the Nexus, and I am very happy that you've joined us. I hope you'll like it here, and am eager to see how you may be able to catalyze our site's phytochemical research projects (A. Simplex' project especially---I've been working for about 5 years on it, limited only by money and lack of access to professional grade analytical instruments and methodologies of analysis) ad infinitum.

If you need any help at all with getting used to The Nexus, feel free to let me or a mod know (the moderator staff here are all enthusiastic students of entheogenic research who can help you out at the speed of smell with any problems you may be experiencing with this site).

Welcome aboard,
Your friend,
-Godsmacker
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 9/5/2017 4:35:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lemme jest buuuump this thread up to the top again; this fellow is a gem, and can contribute a lot to the nexus if people took into account that he is starting a research facility to help catalyze our site's investigation into phytochemistry of obscure plants
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka