We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5% vinegar can be used to salt in an otherwise normal A/B extraction, right? Options

DGB
#1 Posted : 8/21/2017 12:07:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aside from the 69ron d-limonene tek I can’t seem to really find one that solidly uses just plain vinegar, I found one mention that says 5% is too weak, another word it in a way that makes it sound like they used something higher than 5%. A few teks off handedly mention it can be used but then only talk about hcl and not how to use the vinegar. Does it only work with d–limonene and not a traditional xylene based extraction? If it does how should I use it? I assume the same way it’s used in the 69ron tek, just pour a bunch of plain vinegar into saturated solvent, decant off and evaporate till dry.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Orion
#2 Posted : 8/21/2017 9:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've distilled vinegar with toluene twice and it's very weak. It's almost as if the mescaline is so basic that it buffers itself against the vinegar. I needed to use even more vinegar than toluene to actually produce a decent cloud when shaken. This was pure distilled white vinegar which leaves behind no impurities after evaporating.

So yeah it works but not that well IME. Something more concentrated might be a lot better. 10% or 15% would probably be different. I couldn't say how it performs with xylene or limonene though. Cactus takes along time to grow so I doubt I'll be doing this again. Back to HCL for me.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Chaska
#3 Posted : 8/26/2017 5:02:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i use 4-5 %
mostly i pull with sunflower oil, but occassionally i use d-limo
ive used it to salt xylene w success as well
grow plants, make tea, love life