We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmaline/Harmine and Lisinopril Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 10/16/2012 6:51:17 PM

lettuce

Not sure I've picked the right place (mods move this if you feel it appropriate to do so).

I have a very close and dear friend that I would like to introduce to pharmahuasca and eventually aya.

Here's my question. He currently taking Lisinopril for his blood pressure. Other than that he's clean and clear of big pharma. Does anyone know of (and I'm sure hoping one of our Docs chimes in here) any promlems mixing Lisinopril and the MAOIs Harmaline and Harmine?

I've searched A LOT and not found anything suggesting a problem, but I really cant be too careful here.

Thanks in advance and blessings
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 10/16/2012 6:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Lisinopril is an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACE inhibitor); theres no adverse interaction with MAOIs and drugs of this class.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Pup Tentacle
#3 Posted : 10/16/2012 7:07:03 PM

lettuce

Thanks loads Corpus Callosum

Thumbs up
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

moyshekapoyre
#4 Posted : 8/24/2017 4:19:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When I search drugs.com and other databases, lisinopril does come up as having moderate interactions with MAOIs like moclobemide.
http://www.medbroadcast....ug/getdrug/co-lisinopril

Blood pressure could be lowered more than usual, which could be dangerous.

According to this reference, it is an interaction between ACE inhibitors and MAOIs in general.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK82914/