We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does anyone here get really cold after smoking changa? Options

tempest
#1 Posted : 5/4/2013 8:39:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Every time I smoke changa and really blast off my body gets seriously cold after return. it borders on unplesent but of course well worth it. It dosent really bother me I just have a blanket handy now. Its almost just like after eating a big meal when your body uses all your energy to digest your food and you get cold ya know but only more cold and only for like a minute or two. I had read some statistic about how your brain uses a huge amount of calories especially when one is concentrating for an extended period. Could this have anything to do with it? Im pretty skinny as is. I wonder If anyone here has had this occur? My girlfriend had the same experience.

Setting: Usually in semi darkness, sitting upright on the floor with a small alter in front of me (at a safe distance) burning denatured alcohol on epsom salt. Cool blue flame! I have experienced truly odd coincidences with the duration of the flame and the duration of my journey and the duration of icaros playing but perhaps thats another thread. I smudge the room prior to sacrament with sage and copal. Set: I sometimes state an intention. Other times I just apply myself to letting go if thats not an oxy-moron. I must admit that sometimes maybe more often then not I had consumed small to moderate amounts of alcohol prior as well. The blend is usually something like 1:1 with Caapi leaf, Mullien, Damiana, Calendula petal, Syrian Rue 10x extract, Caapi 5x extract and well you know what else. It is like clockwork that the shivering cold sets in upon return close to baseline.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

vice_sk
#2 Posted : 5/29/2013 5:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very usual , and is also happening when you smoke pure DMT.

Had this discussion with some of my friends, same thing is happening.

Dont know why !

:]

universecannon
#3 Posted : 5/29/2013 5:47:48 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yes this is very common

I think the coldest i've ever been was after snuffing 30mg of dmt a half hour after eating 40mg of rue harmalas. I just could NOT get warm, no matter what i did. Once i slowed down my heart rate and relaxed more it gradually faded.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

a1pha
#4 Posted : 5/29/2013 6:09:59 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Psychedelics in general tend to cause this. It seems especially true for those first experiencing heightened states of consciousness. Fire mixed with a warm / comfortable environment helps facilitate travel without the shivers.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

tempest
#5 Posted : 5/29/2013 6:47:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alpha, this makes sense to me. It seems to happen with more profound journeys and not so much dose dependent. I wonder if it has more to do with vasoconstriction or calories used by your brain or even energetic fields. My gf says she experiences energy shooting out of all of her energetic points. She is more in toutch with her body than I. She's a body worker/ healer.

anon_003
#6 Posted : 5/29/2013 8:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe this effect is due to the vasoconstrictive nature of the majority of classic psychedelic substances.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

null24
#7 Posted : 5/29/2013 10:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes, Ive taken to having a thing that is easily discernale as a blanket in hands reach, so I can just pull it around me if that happens. I also like to blast off with as little clothing on as possible though...Very happy
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

User1911
#8 Posted : 3/17/2014 10:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never travel without at least knee high socks and a hoodie on because of this.

#9 Posted : 3/17/2014 10:44:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yes, nearly every other session. I always bundle up with loose but warm clothes. Make sure the heats cranked on at like 72 in my room. This is with smoked dmt/changa.

Now for oral dmt/analogues, I definitely get cold every time, even blasting the hot water in the shower (the few times i stumbled to the bathroom completely dissolved in visions) during the experience most of the time never warms me up, just very little.

But i usually cranked on my space heater in front of my bed, like 78, and get comfy clothes, blankets, wool socks and it's smooth sailin'. Cool

And big deep belly breaths from the start of the experience til the end, focusing, helps stabilize your 'Self', that ever flowing novel awareness. This helps with temperature as well, quite a bit actually.

hope thats some help,
<3 tat

pitubo
#10 Posted : 3/18/2014 12:58:56 AM

dysfunctional word machine

I do sometimes get shivers when smoking changa, but when I deal with those in a specific way, I will feel warm and very comfortable afterwards;

My personal experience:

A really good way to deal with cold is to open up and breathe in deeply. I used to have problems with cold until I found this out. When you contract to shield from the cold, your extremities actually get colder. If you allow the cold to touch you and you allow yourself to feel it, the body will respond by turning up the heat. It may shiver a bit, but that's just part of the process to get the heater started. Just keep relaxing and don't cramp up.

Straighten your spine, open your breast (and your heart) and breathe calmly, but deeply into the back of your lungs and let the thermostat in your nose, throat and lungs sense the cold, your body will adjust accordingly after a minute or so. Instead of feeling the cold moving in, imagine your heat flowing out and you're feeling the colder space around you being warmed by your body. Meanwhile, your body is generating all the necessary heat to provide for that. Don't be distracted by a few shivers, just keep breathing deeply and relaxed and feel the energy flowing through your arms and legs, from the center of your body to the periphery. Relax your body, so it can sustain the flow. If you start cramping, it stops flowing.

The key is to relax and open up.

It works for me, but YMMV.

I still love a good blanket for extended pharmahuasca sessions where I lie down immobilized for several hours. But even then, the same principles apply.

glowing_annalog
#11 Posted : 6/3/2017 11:46:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pitubo said it well. Actually I'm here cuz my last changa experience was like that. Iv managed to get my hands on some good amount of changa and been experimenting with it during this month. one Day yes one day no and it has been fun. Some intense trips some pleasant some not so mutch but no bad trips as for now. But my last trip was diferent. I didn't load as mutch changa to the bong as usualy cuz i didnt want a full on experience but hey there is no wanting or controlling. That small puff took me somewere diferent. This time it wasn't just fractals and collors. For the first time I was seeing "people" they were very far away. More like as If I was in the sky looking down at them. And it looked like they were fighting. Or as if it was a batlle down there. My body was vibrating differently I really felt a kind of vibration and i was freezing. Never felt so cold. I had to actually open my eyes to see if I was alive and to check if my body was frozen. It didn't felt bad. Actually I loaded a second and a tird one just to stay there.But as for the cold I noticed that just by looking up it would emidiatly worm me up. Pitubo said open up And it sounds better. But for me just looking up would do the trick. No need to open ur eyes.

Ulim
#12 Posted : 6/3/2017 1:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its common for many drugs to be either hot or cold for the body.

Dont know the exact action of DMT but for example alcohol works as vasodilator allowing more blood into limbs making you feel warmer while actually loosing more temperature.

Thats why drinking is bad in cold areas. Your limbs can be cold but if you intestines go cold it can kill.

syberdelic
#13 Posted : 6/3/2017 6:14:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Although vasoconstriction might play a role in this, I believe that it has more to do with serotonin and serotonin receptors which play a huge role in temperature regulation of our bodies. I often get chills on shrooms as well, but with both LSD and DMT, it goes both ways. On large doses, I will often go back and forth between profuse sweating and chills.
DMT seems to be the drug that brings out this effect more than anything else. When I took Ayahuasca in the jungle the ambient temperature was in the 80sF and I got no chills, but the heat was often like a high fever with very profuse sweating. The last time I vaped DMT, during the come down I would alternate back and forth every couple minutes from being chilled to the bone to sweating from heat. The ambient temperature in this scenario was 73F.

kayjay41
#14 Posted : 8/5/2017 9:48:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey

I ran a search for this topic a couple of weeks ago as I felt a bit off after smoking some changa made from jungle spice. I.e lethargic the following day, sore throat

I smoked some more last night , nothing too heavy and felt fine afterwards .It was when I went to bed a couple of hours later I woke up feeling cold. I couldn't get warm at all. This must have lasted 30 minutes and I fell back asleep . This morning I dont feel 100% either. Kinda hot and hungover.

My friend that made the changa made DMT-acetate with what he pulled with the xylene. It was based with sodium carbonate and acetone used to extract the Jungle spice and make the changa.

My friend is pretty certain that the acetone wasn't left sit long enough for all the washing soda to settle at the bottom of the mix.. could this be the reason for the adverse reaction or is it more to do with a sensitivity to the caapi vine/leaf and harmalas in the changa

kayjay41
#15 Posted : 8/23/2017 10:12:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So it happened again.i smoked some of my changa yesterday and later I woke up again a couple of hours into my sleep freezing cold unable to warm up for at least 20 minutes before I managed to fall asleep again.
I only ate legumes and vegetables for my dinner . Does anyone know why this could be happening?